Play as Grunts, Brutes and and and???

Anyone knows if you can play in halo 4 as grunts or the other alliances ?

Probably not, that wouldn’t be like Halo multiplayer.

I mean like in firefight as a special mode in matchmaking.
Costomize your Brute, Grunt or whatever with some armor… oh yeah ^^
Like the system in left 4 dead 2. Epic Fights 16vs16 man… that would be awesome

Honestly, no. They don’t belong to multiplayer, they don’t have shields, Grunts are slow, Brutes are bullet sponges. Too many differences. It would either be that they were all made play like Spartans which would seem awkward or they would simply be too different from eachother which would imbalance the game.

Elites can only be in multiplayer as they possess pretty similar appearance to Spartans. Even they have some differences (Elite had hitboxes in Halo 3). Making any other races playable would simply stretch the system too much.

Oh, you meant Firefight. If they’re Firefight only, I’m fine with it, they can’t really break gameplay in there. Although customization goes a bit too far, I would like 343i to focus on more important aspects.

A Beast Mode for Halo, sure I’d love that.

Well, if it has its seperate playlist it’s fine with me.

No. The standard Spartan vs Spartan, would be best for MM in Halo 4. but give us good customization, and NO MULTIPLAYER ACHIEVEMENTS.

> No. The standard Spartan vs Spartan, would be best for MM in Halo 4. but give us good customization, and NO MULTIPLAYER ACHIEVEMENTS.

But we don’t want it for the multiplayer, but separated.

> > No. The standard Spartan vs Spartan, would be best for MM in Halo 4. but give us good customization, and NO MULTIPLAYER ACHIEVEMENTS.
>
> But we don’t want it for the multiplayer, but separated.

So you want to rip off beast mode? that would not bode well for the press of Halo 4. Considering that it is one of the most hyped features of Gears.

> > > No. The standard Spartan vs Spartan, would be best for MM in Halo 4. but give us good customization, and NO MULTIPLAYER ACHIEVEMENTS.
> >
> > But we don’t want it for the multiplayer, but separated.
>
> So you want to rip off beast mode? that would not bode well for the press of Halo 4. Considering that it is one of the most hyped features of Gears.

Bungie brought to Halo the succes of Horde Mode.

> > > > No. The standard Spartan vs Spartan, would be best for MM in Halo 4. but give us good customization, and NO MULTIPLAYER ACHIEVEMENTS.
> > >
> > > But we don’t want it for the multiplayer, but separated.
> >
> > So you want to rip off beast mode? that would not bode well for the press of Halo 4. Considering that it is one of the most hyped features of Gears.
>
> Bungie brought to Halo the succes of Horde Mode.

Not really, They toted Firefight as “random enemies generated each wave”. Its entirely possible to predict the waves and plan accordingly. whereas horde is completely random.

Only in Halo Custom Edition.

> > > > > No. The standard Spartan vs Spartan, would be best for MM in Halo 4. but give us good customization, and NO MULTIPLAYER ACHIEVEMENTS.
> > > >
> > > > But we don’t want it for the multiplayer, but separated.
> > >
> > > So you want to rip off beast mode? that would not bode well for the press of Halo 4. Considering that it is one of the most hyped features of Gears.
> >
> > Bungie brought to Halo the succes of Horde Mode.
>
> Not really, They toted Firefight as “random enemies generated each wave”. Its entirely possible to predict the waves and plan accordingly. whereas horde is completely random.

But they can do something slightly different with a Beast Mode too.

Yes!
3-way Invasion would be great!
6v6 with 3 Brute Squads versus 1 Elite Squad, 1 Spartan Squad and 1 Mixed Squad would be awesome!