Platform Filters in Infinite (avoid base Xbox)

We already know there will be input-based matchmaking in Infinite (ie. controller players will play together regardless of being on Xbox or PC), but I wonder if there are going to be options to filter by platform as well? Specifically, options to avoid playing with base Xbox and low-spec PC players.

With the maps getting fuller and the demands on older hardware getting higher, it would be nice to have an option to filter out these players in a similar way to how other games allow you to avoid matchmaking with players with high ping. On the MCC the Series X can load campaign levels in about 5 seconds, but BTB sessions sometimes take a while and members of your team are sometimes just stood around at the start of the match while their hardware catches up. Just this afternoon I was in a session with 4 players who were just stood still for about a minute after the session started. I asked them what was going on and apparently they were stuck loading in, which is frustrating for everybody.

I want to avoid pc for the inevitable influx of cheaters from the F2P + PC combo

> 2533274855864618;2:
> I want to avoid pc for the inevitable influx of cheaters from the F2P + PC combo

Good point, I hadn’t thought of that.

Bruh.
H:I is all about inclusion not about exclusion.

I seriously doubt there’ll be filters for specific console models or PC filters for specific hardware,
this sounds absolutely insane.

Base xbox users and their lack luster frame rates are easier kills in MCC. I don’t know why you’d want to avoid having that advantage on purpose :yum:

> 2533274886490718;4:
> Bruh.
> H:I is all about inclusion not about exclusion.
>
> I seriously doubt there’ll be filters for specific console models or PC filters for specific hardware,
> this sounds absolutely insane.

it sounds good to me, I will not be forced to play with a gaurenteed cheater demographic

> 2533274886490718;4:
> Bruh.
> H:I is all about inclusion not about exclusion.
>
> I seriously doubt there’ll be filters for specific console models or PC filters for specific hardware,
> this sounds absolutely insane.

I’d disagree, it’s not insane to want to play with teammates who aren’t going to be stuck still at the start of a ranked match for a full minute, potentially giving the game away.

> 2607664605677189;7:
> > 2533274886490718;4:
> > Bruh.
> > H:I is all about inclusion not about exclusion.
> >
> > I seriously doubt there’ll be filters for specific console models or PC filters for specific hardware,
> > this sounds absolutely insane.
>
> I’d disagree, it’s not insane to want to play with teammates who aren’t going to be stuck still at the start of a ranked match for a full minute, potentially giving the game away.

No offense, but it is.
If you have the time to play a full match, the minute you’ll have to wait for others to jump in won’t harm you.
If you’re talking AFKers though, this is an issue completely unrelated to the various platforms.
It’s just top-notch nitpicking right here.

> 2533274855864618;2:
> I want to avoid pc for the inevitable influx of cheaters from the F2P + PC combo

This. This is a huge deal.

> 2535423634219535;9:
> > 2533274855864618;2:
> > I want to avoid pc for the inevitable influx of cheaters from the F2P + PC combo
>
> This. This is a huge deal.

Yeh pretty much. I see cheaters sometimes in MCC but Halo Infinite going F2P just means more cheaters and throwaway accounts so concerned the PC community will be full of them like the old Halo 2 days on the original Xbox online so hopefully there will be an option to turn off PC cross-play. I tolerate it in MCC due to low population but in theory Infinite should have plenty of players at launch so I probably won’t need to deal with the PC cheaters for a while.

I cant see them doing a toggle to leave xbox one players behind.

> 2533274886490718;8:
> > 2607664605677189;7:
> > > 2533274886490718;4:
> > > Bruh.
> > > H:I is all about inclusion not about exclusion.
> > >
> > > I seriously doubt there’ll be filters for specific console models or PC filters for specific hardware,
> > > this sounds absolutely insane.
> >
> > I’d disagree, it’s not insane to want to play with teammates who aren’t going to be stuck still at the start of a ranked match for a full minute, potentially giving the game away.
>
> No offense, but it is.
> If you have the time to play a full match, the minute you’ll have to wait for others to jump in won’t harm you.
> If you’re talking AFKers though, this is an issue completely unrelated to the various platforms.
> It’s just top-notch nitpicking right here.

I don’t think you understand, the loading screen delay is only part of the issue.

The biggest issue is with teammates stood idle at the start of the match for 1 full minute. They were ‘afk’ because their machines were still loading into the match whilst the rest of us were playing. This is absolutely a platform issue.
By the time they started playing we were already several points down. Is that nit picking? To start the match at a disadvantage because your team mates are using hardware from 2013?