Plasma weapon ammo depletion in Halo Infinite

Not sure if this goes here as I had been looking around where feedback for the flighting should be left but I noticed plasma weapons deplete very very quickly. I’m unsure if others think the same but it sure does seem this way. If this is a multiplayer only thing or if it can be adjusted in the future with game rules it would be fine but with this flight the drain was insanely quick, almost like if the double ammo depletion skull was on all the time

What weapons specifically?

A lot of them drained fast if you were charging them the whole time. Depending on which game you’re playing holding the charge doesn’t deplete the ammo, but in Infinite it definitely does.

Yeah i never was actually able to fully deplete a guns ammo in halo infinite unless i picked up a weapon someone else was using. Plasma weapons are especially crazy, the ravager feels like it lasts forever and the carbine felt the same.

> 2533274907398117;3:
> Yeah i never was actually able to fully deplete a guns ammo in halo infinite unless i picked up a weapon someone else was using. Plasma weapon especially, the ravager feels like it lasts forever and the carbine felt the same.

Man that ravager can last almost an entire game if you use it carefully, also I found that unlike previous halo titles walking over plasma weapon ammo refills your current plasma weapon ammo instead of like in the previous games where you had to manually drop and pick up the new weapon if you wanted more ammo… don’t like it this way but hey it works.

The reason they deplete faster in infinite is because you can pick up more charge from the same gun on the floor a bit like ammo. I really don’t like this change as it completely changes the difference between ballistic weapons and plasma weapons.

Seems pretty normal to be. The Commando seems to runs out faster than the Pulse Carbine. Each weapon is balanced differently but I didn’t see any real difference in ammo running out between UNSC and Covenant / Forerunner weapons.

Still not the biggest fan of Plasma weapons automatically recharging when walking by other Plasma weapons though. Swapping Plasma weapons for another one is cooler since it reinforces the idea of a “battery”.

> 2533274806923063;5:
> The reason they deplete faster in infinite is because you can pick up more charge from the same gun on the floor a bit like ammo. I really don’t like this change as it completely changes the difference between ballistic weapons and plasma weapons.

Oh heck I completely forgot they did that, I noticed that sometime during the flight but forgot about it. It makes a bit more sense they run out of charge quickly now. I was mainly using the plasma pistol and that ran out quickly even as I was never really using the overcharge on it

> 2533274801036271;2:
> What weapons specifically?
>
> A lot of them drained fast if you were charging them the whole time. Depending on which game you’re playing holding the charge doesn’t deplete the ammo, but in Infinite it definitely does.

The plasma pistol, I wasn’t using the overcharge though. I believe in Reach the battery drains when holding the charge as well

> 2533274907398117;3:
> Yeah i never was actually able to fully deplete a guns ammo in halo infinite unless i picked up a weapon someone else was using. Plasma weapons are especially crazy, the ravager feels like it lasts forever and the carbine felt the same.

I noticed plasma weapons seemingly last forever but it’s because you automatically pick up “ammo” for them from dropped weapons

Well, yea they deplete very quickly in comparison to past halos, but it is balanced out with the ability to “pick up” energy from other weapons. It’s like the ammo pickup with kinetic weapons but as plasma :stuck_out_tongue: