Plasma stick indicator idea

Wouldn’t it be cool if when you were stuck by a plasma grenade a notification in the HUD would alert you? Nothing too flashy or over the top and distracting. Just a little heads up from your armor systems telling you of your imminent demise.

Ppl hated the frag grenade indicator idea…I doubt the Plasma grenade will be any different.

> Ppl hated the frag grenade indicator idea…I doubt the Plasma grenade will be any different.

It wouldn’t be so much an indicator as much as an alert from your helmet. Just some sort of sound to alert a Spartan that he may want to get clear of friendlies.

> Ppl hated the frag grenade indicator idea…I doubt the Plasma grenade will be any different.

There is no frag indicator. Just a grenade indicator.

> It wouldn’t be so much an indicator as much as an alert from your helmet. Just some sort of sound to alert a Spartan that he may want to get clear of friendlies.

I still don’t think its very necessary though…The sticky grenade already makes a sound as soon as it hits you! But anyway, thats just one opinion.

> There is no frag indicator. Just a grenade indicator.

Wow…such a huge difference. My point still stands. People rejected it.

> > It wouldn’t be so much an indicator as much as an alert from your helmet. Just some sort of sound to alert a Spartan that he may want to get clear of friendlies.
>
> I still don’t think its very necessary though…The sticky grenade already makes a sound as soon as it hits you! But anyway, thats just one opinion.
>
>
>
> > There is no frag indicator. Just a grenade indicator.
>
> Wow…such a huge difference. My point still stands. People rejected it.

It isn’t necessary, its just a subtle touch to attempt to make the game more immersive.

The grenade indicator was unnecessary. No it wasn’t bad, but it was just not needed. If you want to have it toggled, go ahead.

I feel like a better idea would be to have the sound that the sticky grenade makes when it hits you be a little louder and more consistent.

Something that happened in prior games (although I’m not sure if Halo 4 has it) is when you’re stuck in the face, or near your visor, your screen would glow blue before blowing up.

I don’t think another on-screen indicator is needed combined with some of the clutter we already had in Halo 4 (Ordnance, grenade indicators, etc).

I could see this… but half the time you’re stuck with a plasma grenade, an enormous blue electric orb clouds your HUD.

I personally thought the grenade indicator should stay. It’s a bit cheap to stand on a frag without knowing it. Or to back up into a pulse grenade without realizing it.

Halo Reach actually had this kinda, it might have only been on firefight and campaign

when you got stuck you would hear your spartan “moan” just the most pitifully hopeless sound you could imagine kinda like a “uuhhh” right before you blew up.

it was always funny and I really mis that sound.

> Wouldn’t it be cool if when you were stuck by a plasma grenade a notification in the HUD would alert you? Nothing too flashy or over the top and distracting. Just a little heads up from your armor systems telling you of your imminent demise.

Why do that? It is much better to see the blue glow and hear the pitch on that sucker go up as it prepares to end you.

See the blue glow. “well…shi-” explosion

I always thought that the clicking sound and blue screen from past Halo games was more than enough, an indicator would be rather redundant, no? Plus, you’re going to get blown up in a couple of seconds, so why bother putting in a HUD indicator anyway? It’s not as though there’s anything you can do to stop yourself from dying.

> I always thought that the clicking sound and blue screen from past Halo games was more than enough, an indicator would be rather redundant, no? Plus, you’re going to get blown up in a couple of seconds, so why bother putting in a HUD indicator anyway? It’s not as though there’s anything you can do to stop yourself from dying.

Apparently its to let you know to move away from your team mates before the explosion happens…Except wouldn’t you already be dead by then? A sticky barely gives you enough time to move a single step after it hits you, let alone have a beeping sound indicate for you to get clear of your team mates before you die.

> I could see this… but half the time you’re stuck with a plasma grenade, an enormous blue electric orb clouds your HUD.
>
>
> > Ppl hated the frag grenade indicator idea…I doubt the Plasma grenade will be any different.
>
> I personally thought the grenade indicator should stay. It’s a bit cheap to stand on a frag without knowing it. Or to back up into a pulse grenade without realizing it.

Personally I think it is a bit cheap knowing that there is a grenade near by. We have been through 4 games and I have never hear someone say “Hey this game needs a grenade indicator.” I just believe that it is completely unnecessary.

The game already has this. The plasma made makes a very distinct sound when stuck on somebody that’s pretty hard to miss. I rarely get stuck without knowing it.

> > I always thought that the clicking sound and blue screen from past Halo games was more than enough, an indicator would be rather redundant, no? Plus, you’re going to get blown up in a couple of seconds, so why bother putting in a HUD indicator anyway? It’s not as though there’s anything you can do to stop yourself from dying.
>
> Apparently its to let you know to move away from your team mates before the explosion happens…Except wouldn’t you already be dead by then? A sticky barely gives you enough time to move a single step after it hits you, let alone have a beeping sound indicate for you to get clear of your team mates before you die.

I didn’t think of this idea with the thought that it would save your life. The idea is that it’s just a little extra something for game immersion. It wouldn’t have to be too flashy or loud, just something that you could see Spartans actually having in a battle since their armor is very high tech.

> > > I always thought that the clicking sound and blue screen from past Halo games was more than enough, an indicator would be rather redundant, no? Plus, you’re going to get blown up in a couple of seconds, so why bother putting in a HUD indicator anyway? It’s not as though there’s anything you can do to stop yourself from dying.
> >
> > Apparently its to let you know to move away from your team mates before the explosion happens…Except wouldn’t you already be dead by then? A sticky barely gives you enough time to move a single step after it hits you, let alone have a beeping sound indicate for you to get clear of your team mates before you die.
>
> I didn’t think of this idea with the thought that it would save your life. The idea is that it’s just a little extra something for game immersion. It wouldn’t have to be too flashy or loud, just something that you could see Spartans actually having in a battle since their armor is very high tech.

I don’t know… What would be the point of having that feature in the armour, on a practical level? All it would do is tell you “Hey, you’re about to die!”, which is done perfectly fine by the sticking sound and the blue light that we already have.

> > > I always thought that the clicking sound and blue screen from past Halo games was more than enough, an indicator would be rather redundant, no? Plus, you’re going to get blown up in a couple of seconds, so why bother putting in a HUD indicator anyway? It’s not as though there’s anything you can do to stop yourself from dying.
> >
> > Apparently its to let you know to move away from your team mates before the explosion happens…Except wouldn’t you already be dead by then? A sticky barely gives you enough time to move a single step after it hits you, let alone have a beeping sound indicate for you to get clear of your team mates before you die.
>
> I didn’t think of this idea with the thought that it would save your life. The idea is that it’s just a little extra something for game immersion. It wouldn’t have to be too flashy or loud, just something that you could see Spartans actually having in a battle since their armor is very high tech.

What a saddening message to see …

> > Ppl hated the frag grenade indicator idea…I doubt the Plasma grenade will be any different.
>
> It wouldn’t be so much an indicator as much as an alert from your helmet. Just some sort of sound to alert a Spartan that he may want to get clear of friendlies.

how about the sound of the actual grenade?

> > > Ppl hated the frag grenade indicator idea…I doubt the Plasma grenade will be any different.
> >
> > It wouldn’t be so much an indicator as much as an alert from your helmet. Just some sort of sound to alert a Spartan that he may want to get clear of friendlies.
>
> how about the sound of the actual grenade?

hope you don’t think i’m a genius or something