Plasma Rifle is NOT in Halo 4?!

ARGH WTF SERIOUSLY!? What…I don’t even…ARGH!?

http://www.halo4news.net/2012/04/new-halo-4-information-from-power-unlimited/

I DON’T CARE IF IT HAS BEEN REPLACED, THIS IS THE -Yoink- PLASMA RIFLE.

If it has the plasma stun, then it’s not a big deal. And besides…the plasma rifle was really used anymore since they made it useless.

That’s going to be weird. I was a little bothered at first given how long the PR has been around, but maybe I’ll love the replacement. I remember how I first didn’t like the removal of the AR in Halo 2 and replacing it with this so called ‘Battle Rifle’. But the BR quickly became one of my all time favorites, and I’ll gladly choose it over an AR any day.

Soooo maybe the PR’s replacement will be a similar hit.

So, pretty much the plasma repeater instead? Don’t need 2 weapons to fill the same slot.

The plasma repeater will be renamed the plasma rifle. Only makes sense.

I haven’t even touched a plasma rifle since…Halo 2?

I’m guessing that’s the supposed “Assault Carbine”?

That’s too bad. It’s been in every Halo game so far (not sure about Wars).

> “Perks” seem to be called “Modifications”. Example given is that the author could carry (a few) more grenade(s).

This kind of scares me. MORE GRENADES? A spammer’s dream just came true…

A rose by any other name…

> That’s too bad. It’s been in every Halo game so far (not sure about Wars).

It was in Halo Wars.

> I’m guessing that’s the supposed “Assault Carbine”?

I’m almost positive that the assault carbine is a UNSC weapon.

so now that adds another loadout weapon to the list.

That’s it, I’m not buying Halo 4. I was fine with all the other changes, but this is unacceptable.

> That’s it, I’m not buying Halo 4. I was fine with all the other changes, but this is unacceptable.

lol. Not sure if trolling or serious. You can’t be sure on these forum.

Also you forgot to say : “PREORDER CANCELLED!”

I haven’t used the Plasma Rifle all that much in Reach. You don’t need it with the Plasma Repeater, which is better in my opinion.

> > That’s it, I’m not buying Halo 4. I was fine with all the other changes, but this is unacceptable.
>
> lol. Not sure if trolling or serious. You can’t be sure on these forum.
>
> Also you forgot to say : “PREORDER CANCELLED!”

No he’s on the right line.

Why remove such an iconic weapon?! The Plasma Rifle’s been with us since Halo CE, it’s like that friend that sticks by you no matter what. Like Anderson from Mass Effect or Johnson, FFS.
They can’t, it just won’t be Halo anymore.
It is one of the many things that define Halo.

> > > That’s it, I’m not buying Halo 4. I was fine with all the other changes, but this is unacceptable.
> >
> > lol. Not sure if trolling or serious. You can’t be sure on these forum.
> >
> > Also you forgot to say : “PREORDER CANCELLED!”
>
> No he’s on the right line.
>
> Why remove such an iconic weapon?! The Plasma Rifle’s been with us since Halo CE, it’s like that friend that sticks by you no matter what. Like Anderson from Mass Effect or Johnson, FFS.
> They can’t, it just won’t be Halo anymore.
> It is one of the many things that define Halo.

^^As much as I hate the phrase (and variations of) “It just won’t be Halo anymore,” I have to agree with the fellow above me.

Also, I haven’t pre-ordered yet, and I won’t until I get some good news (about Forge hopefully). :frowning:

> ARGH WTF SERIOUSLY!? What…I don’t even…ARGH!?
>
> http://www.halo4news.net/2012/04/new-halo-4-information-from-power-unlimited/
>
> I DON’T CARE IF IT HAS BEEN REPLACED, THIS IS THE Yoink! PLASMA RIFLE.

Okay…so apparantly it is totally fine to copy-paste my exact post from this afternoon, put it on a website without mentioning ANY source, and claim it to be their ‘news’

Nice…not.

Also, from what I gather from the info from Power Unlimited (which I got today when I wrote that post-turned-article here on these Forums) the new weapon is more or less an updated version of the Plasma Repeater. Author does state it replaces the PR, but perhaps that weapon wasn’t shown at that moment

> > ARGH WTF SERIOUSLY!? What…I don’t even…ARGH!?
> >
> > http://www.halo4news.net/2012/04/new-halo-4-information-from-power-unlimited/
> >
> > I DON’T CARE IF IT HAS BEEN REPLACED, THIS IS THE Yoink! PLASMA RIFLE.
>
> Okay…so apparantly it is totally fine to copy-paste my exact post from this afternoon, put it on a website without mentioning ANY source, and claim it to be their ‘news’
>
> Nice…not.
>
> Also, from what I gather from the info from Power Unlimited (which I got today when I wrote that post-turned-article here on these Forums) the new weapon is more or less an updated version of the Plasma Repeater. Author does state it replaces the PR, but perhaps that weapon wasn’t shown at that moment

I don’t know what you’re talking about mate, I just came across this website and found this page.

The weapon barely shows up in Reach, so I can’t say it’s removal bothers me too too much. I’m more interested in seeing what these new enemies will bring to the weapon sandbox than worrying about Covenant weapons not returning.