Plasma Rifel

Should the original plasma rifle design return I think it should what do you all think

It would be nice if the storm rifle took the role of the repeater from Reach and brought the plasma rifle back.

Yes please. I never much cared for the storm rifle. It felt more like a reskin of the AR than an alien weapon in its own right. Plus that sound it makes when you fire it is damn near perfect

Honestly I’m not to bothered by what it looks like, I just want to see the CE Plasma Rifle return in spirit.

Every plasma rifle, repeater, storm rifle from Halo 2 onwards has been nothing more than a blue SMG.

I want the high base accuracy(preferably no spread/bloom whatsoever), the headshot multiplier, and the plasma stun to return. As long as I have that I don’t care whether it looks like the plasma Rifle, repeater, or storm rifle.

To me, the best looking Halo games are classic Halo CE and Halo 3. Give us a sleek, smooth, shiny, blue Plasma Rifle reminiscent of the first Plasma Rifle we ever saw back in 2001. Make its plasma bolts look, sound and feel superheated and gassy. Make it work well against energy shields but not as well against armour. Make it feel unique again. Make it feel Covenant again. And tone down all the bloody extra pieces that 343i love to shove onto every single model they make. The Storm Rifle looks like a dark, dull, cluttered mess of a weapon. Bring back the elegant shark-like Covenant designs of 2001’s Halo CE.

Images
Original Plasma Rifle - First Person
Original Plasma Rifle - Third Person Model
Storm Rifle - First Person
Storm Rifle - Third Person Model

^ Look at those images, and you tell me which looks better.

Would be nice to see the ol’ Plasma Rifle make a comeback, but I think the storm rifle is gonna be it’s mainstream replacement from Halo 4 - present/future Halo games.

Though it would be nice to have the Plasma Rifle back…maybe dual wield so I could duel wield plasma rifles again(doubt dual wield will ever come back but I can dream).

Just get rid of the Storm Rifle entirely, please. Plasma Repeater and Plasma Rifle are where it’s at.

The original Plasma Rifle was great it really fits in an alien SMG kinda slot. The Storm Rifle feels basically the same if not weaker but it looks more like a Assualt Rifle. If they just made it a little different in firepower and range and took the “tongue” barrel out and made the “jaws” bigger you`d have the Plasma Repeater back. I would like them to work with all the Plasma and Forerunner guns and make them better. Plasma guns are colorful, smooth and curvey. Forerunner guns are supposed to be were the covenant got their tech. So they should be similar but more futuristic, shiny, simple (efficient) with colorful lights and hard angles.

Yeah, I’m 100% for the return of the proper Plasma Rifle. I don’t really understand what the motivation for removing it in Halo 4 was to begin with. The Storm Rifle is a much less memorable design and isn’t as fun to fire.

I mean, we already have the Brute Plasma Rifle. It may not exactly be blue, but it is pretty nice and full of nostalgia.

> 2535440120215345;10:
> I mean, we already have the Brute Plasma Rifle. It may not exactly be blue, but it is pretty nice and full of nostalgia.

For me, Bungie’s classic Plasma Rifle designs (Halo CE, 2 and 3; not Reach so much) are quintessential Elite/Sangheili. Not only was the Plasma Rifle the weapon you most expected to encounter in the hands of your enemy Elites on every level you ever fought them, but the appearance is exactly what you came to expect from the Covenant at the time. It’s most evident when playing in the original Halo CE graphics, but it’s still apparent all the way to Halo 3: Close your eyes and picture a Covenant Banshee, Wraith, Ghost, Cruiser, Carrier and even the traditional Plasma Rifle or Needler to an extent. They all have their elongated, rounded, sleek and smooth appearances that very much resemble the shark-like alien species that designed them as well as the armour they wore. We associate the Plasma Rifle with the Elites. It doesn’t feel quite right to have a Brute variant of an Elite-based weapon in a game alongside the monstrosity of the Storm Rifle when there is no standard blue Plasma Rifle in the game at all.

I say, bring back the Plasma Rifle, and make it look as simply brilliant as it did in the original Halo.

Plasma Rifle & Plasma repeater should make a return definitely

Bring back the Halo 2 Plasma Rifle shot sounds as well

> 2535415876049274;11:
> > 2535440120215345;10:
> > I mean, we already have the Brute Plasma Rifle. It may not exactly be blue, but it is pretty nice and full of nostalgia.
>
> For me, Bungie’s classic Plasma Rifle designs (Halo CE, 2 and 3; not Reach so much) are quintessential Elite/Sangheili. Not only was the Plasma Rifle the weapon you most expected to encounter in the hands of your enemy Elites on every level you ever fought them, but the appearance is exactly what you came to expect from the Covenant at the time. It’s most evident when playing in the original Halo CE graphics, but it’s still apparent all the way to Halo 3: Close your eyes and picture a Covenant Banshee, Wraith, Ghost, Cruiser, Carrier and even the traditional Plasma Rifle or Needler to an extent. They all have their elongated, rounded, sleek and smooth appearances that very much resemble the shark-like alien species that designed them as well as the armour they wore. We associate the Plasma Rifle with the Elites. It doesn’t feel quite right to have a Brute variant of an Elite-based weapon in a game alongside the monstrosity of the Storm Rifle when there is no standard blue Plasma Rifle in the game at all.
>
> I say, bring back the Plasma Rifle, and make it look as simply brilliant as it did in the original Halo.

I think the Storm Rifle, Plasma Rifle, And Plasma Repeater all have a place in the game. Storm Rifle serves as the SMG, Plasma Rifle is the Assault Rifle, and Plasma Repeater is the SAW

> 2535440120215345;13:
> > 2535415876049274;11:
> > > 2535440120215345;10:
> > > I mean, we already have the Brute Plasma Rifle. It may not exactly be blue, but it is pretty nice and full of nostalgia.
> >
> > For me, Bungie’s classic Plasma Rifle designs (Halo CE, 2 and 3; not Reach so much) are quintessential Elite/Sangheili. Not only was the Plasma Rifle the weapon you most expected to encounter in the hands of your enemy Elites on every level you ever fought them, but the appearance is exactly what you came to expect from the Covenant at the time. It’s most evident when playing in the original Halo CE graphics, but it’s still apparent all the way to Halo 3: Close your eyes and picture a Covenant Banshee, Wraith, Ghost, Cruiser, Carrier and even the traditional Plasma Rifle or Needler to an extent. They all have their elongated, rounded, sleek and smooth appearances that very much resemble the shark-like alien species that designed them as well as the armour they wore. We associate the Plasma Rifle with the Elites. It doesn’t feel quite right to have a Brute variant of an Elite-based weapon in a game alongside the monstrosity of the Storm Rifle when there is no standard blue Plasma Rifle in the game at all.
> >
> > I say, bring back the Plasma Rifle, and make it look as simply brilliant as it did in the original Halo.
>
> I think the Storm Rifle, Plasma Rifle, And Plasma Repeater all have a place in the game. Storm Rifle serves as the SMG, Plasma Rifle is the Assault Rifle, and Plasma Repeater is the SAW

Why do we need blue versions of an SMG, AR, and SAW when we already have those weapons? We’ve been struggling to find niches for 4 auto weapons let alone 6.

I get everyone has there favorites, but there is only much time and resources that can be set aside to design and balance the sandbox that it just isn’t realistic to have everything. Of course I don’t think this is problem with just the Covenant weapons, but realistically, I don’t see much need for more than one “blue plasma weapon.”

> 2533274819446242;4:
> Honestly I’m not to bothered by what it looks like, I just want to see the CE Plasma Rifle return in spirit.
>
> Every plasma rifle, repeater, storm rifle from Halo 2 onwards has been nothing more than a blue SMG.
>
> I want the high base accuracy(preferably no spread/bloom whatsoever), the headshot multiplier, and the plasma stun to return. As long as I have that I don’t care whether it looks like the plasma Rifle, repeater, or storm rifle.

I would actually like the halo 1 plasma rifle back as well. In halo 5 the brute plasma rifle was pretty close actually, but missed a few marks.

> 2533274819446242;14:
> > 2535440120215345;13:
> > > 2535415876049274;11:
> > > > 2535440120215345;10:
> > > > I mean, we already have the Brute Plasma Rifle. It may not exactly be blue, but it is pretty nice and full of nostalgia.
> > >
> > > For me, Bungie’s classic Plasma Rifle designs (Halo CE, 2 and 3; not Reach so much) are quintessential Elite/Sangheili. Not only was the Plasma Rifle the weapon you most expected to encounter in the hands of your enemy Elites on every level you ever fought them, but the appearance is exactly what you came to expect from the Covenant at the time. It’s most evident when playing in the original Halo CE graphics, but it’s still apparent all the way to Halo 3: Close your eyes and picture a Covenant Banshee, Wraith, Ghost, Cruiser, Carrier and even the traditional Plasma Rifle or Needler to an extent. They all have their elongated, rounded, sleek and smooth appearances that very much resemble the shark-like alien species that designed them as well as the armour they wore. We associate the Plasma Rifle with the Elites. It doesn’t feel quite right to have a Brute variant of an Elite-based weapon in a game alongside the monstrosity of the Storm Rifle when there is no standard blue Plasma Rifle in the game at all.
> > >
> > > I say, bring back the Plasma Rifle, and make it look as simply brilliant as it did in the original Halo.
> >
> > I think the Storm Rifle, Plasma Rifle, And Plasma Repeater all have a place in the game. Storm Rifle serves as the SMG, Plasma Rifle is the Assault Rifle, and Plasma Repeater is the SAW
>
> Why do we need blue versions of an SMG, AR, and SAW when we already have those weapons?

Why do we need a blue version of a red weapon we already have?

> 2535440120215345;16:
> > 2533274819446242;14:
> > > 2535440120215345;13:
> > > > 2535415876049274;11:
> > > > > 2535440120215345;10:
> > > > > I mean, we already have the Brute Plasma Rifle. It may not exactly be blue, but it is pretty nice and full of nostalgia.
> > > >
> > > > For me, Bungie’s classic Plasma Rifle designs (Halo CE, 2 and 3; not Reach so much) are quintessential Elite/Sangheili. Not only was the Plasma Rifle the weapon you most expected to encounter in the hands of your enemy Elites on every level you ever fought them, but the appearance is exactly what you came to expect from the Covenant at the time. It’s most evident when playing in the original Halo CE graphics, but it’s still apparent all the way to Halo 3: Close your eyes and picture a Covenant Banshee, Wraith, Ghost, Cruiser, Carrier and even the traditional Plasma Rifle or Needler to an extent. They all have their elongated, rounded, sleek and smooth appearances that very much resemble the shark-like alien species that designed them as well as the armour they wore. We associate the Plasma Rifle with the Elites. It doesn’t feel quite right to have a Brute variant of an Elite-based weapon in a game alongside the monstrosity of the Storm Rifle when there is no standard blue Plasma Rifle in the game at all.
> > > >
> > > > I say, bring back the Plasma Rifle, and make it look as simply brilliant as it did in the original Halo.
> > >
> > > I think the Storm Rifle, Plasma Rifle, And Plasma Repeater all have a place in the game. Storm Rifle serves as the SMG, Plasma Rifle is the Assault Rifle, and Plasma Repeater is the SAW
> >
> > Why do we need blue versions of an SMG, AR, and SAW when we already have those weapons?
>
> Why do we need a blue version of a red weapon we already have?

Because the blue one is the original and the red one is the worst of all of them being a pallet swap.

I guess I still don’t really care what it actually ends up looking like as line as it functions similarly to the CE Plasma Rifle, but it would be odd that the Brute variant of all things would end up being the model.

> 2533274819446242;14:
> > 2535440120215345;13:
> > > 2535415876049274;11:
> > > > 2535440120215345;10:
> > > > I mean, we already have the Brute Plasma Rifle. It may not exactly be blue, but it is pretty nice and full of nostalgia.
> > >
> > > For me, Bungie’s classic Plasma Rifle designs (Halo CE, 2 and 3; not Reach so much) are quintessential Elite/Sangheili. Not only was the Plasma Rifle the weapon you most expected to encounter in the hands of your enemy Elites on every level you ever fought them, but the appearance is exactly what you came to expect from the Covenant at the time. It’s most evident when playing in the original Halo CE graphics, but it’s still apparent all the way to Halo 3: Close your eyes and picture a Covenant Banshee, Wraith, Ghost, Cruiser, Carrier and even the traditional Plasma Rifle or Needler to an extent. They all have their elongated, rounded, sleek and smooth appearances that very much resemble the shark-like alien species that designed them as well as the armour they wore. We associate the Plasma Rifle with the Elites. It doesn’t feel quite right to have a Brute variant of an Elite-based weapon in a game alongside the monstrosity of the Storm Rifle when there is no standard blue Plasma Rifle in the game at all.
> > >
> > > I say, bring back the Plasma Rifle, and make it look as simply brilliant as it did in the original Halo.
> >
> > I think the Storm Rifle, Plasma Rifle, And Plasma Repeater all have a place in the game. Storm Rifle serves as the SMG, Plasma Rifle is the Assault Rifle, and Plasma Repeater is the SAW
>
> Why do we need blue versions of an SMG, AR, and SAW when we already have those weapons? We’ve been struggling to find niches for 4 auto weapons let alone 6.
>
> I get everyone has there favorites, but there is only much time and resources that can be set aside to design and balance the sandbox that it just isn’t realistic to have everything. Of course I don’t think this is problem with just the Covenant weapons, but realistically, I don’t see much need for more than one “blue plasma weapon.”

Because the Covenant doesn’t use the SMG, AR, or SAW, and neither do the Prometheans. Also, they fulfill the opposite role of said trio; Same firing type (Full Auto) but strong against shields and weak against meat, plus the overheat mechanic. It’s been that way through multiple sandbox revisions until they axed the Plasma Rifle to make this precious ‘Storm Rifle’… Thing.

That said, it’d probs be best to remove one of the three from the pool of both trios. I propose remove the SAW for Humans and Storm Rifle for Covvies. Not just because those are the classics, but at this point, both would just be superfluous.

> 2535462145233570;18:
> > 2533274819446242;14:
> > > 2535440120215345;13:
> > > > 2535415876049274;11:
> > > > > 2535440120215345;10:
> > > > > I mean, we already have the Brute Plasma Rifle. It may not exactly be blue, but it is pretty nice and full of nostalgia.
> > > >
> > > > For me, Bungie’s classic Plasma Rifle designs (Halo CE, 2 and 3; not Reach so much) are quintessential Elite/Sangheili. Not only was the Plasma Rifle the weapon you most expected to encounter in the hands of your enemy Elites on every level you ever fought them, but the appearance is exactly what you came to expect from the Covenant at the time. It’s most evident when playing in the original Halo CE graphics, but it’s still apparent all the way to Halo 3: Close your eyes and picture a Covenant Banshee, Wraith, Ghost, Cruiser, Carrier and even the traditional Plasma Rifle or Needler to an extent. They all have their elongated, rounded, sleek and smooth appearances that very much resemble the shark-like alien species that designed them as well as the armour they wore. We associate the Plasma Rifle with the Elites. It doesn’t feel quite right to have a Brute variant of an Elite-based weapon in a game alongside the monstrosity of the Storm Rifle when there is no standard blue Plasma Rifle in the game at all.
> > > >
> > > > I say, bring back the Plasma Rifle, and make it look as simply brilliant as it did in the original Halo.
> > >
> > > I think the Storm Rifle, Plasma Rifle, And Plasma Repeater all have a place in the game. Storm Rifle serves as the SMG, Plasma Rifle is the Assault Rifle, and Plasma Repeater is the SAW
> >
> > Why do we need blue versions of an SMG, AR, and SAW when we already have those weapons? We’ve been struggling to find niches for 4 auto weapons let alone 6.
> >
> > I get everyone has there favorites, but there is only much time and resources that can be set aside to design and balance the sandbox that it just isn’t realistic to have everything. Of course I don’t think this is problem with just the Covenant weapons, but realistically, I don’t see much need for more than one “blue plasma weapon.”
>
> Because the Covenant doesn’t use the SMG, AR, or SAW, and neither do the Prometheans. Also, they fulfill the opposite role of said trio; Same firing type (Full Auto) but strong against shields and weak against meat, plus the overheat mechanic. It’s been that way through multiple sandbox revisions until they axed the Plasma Rifle to make this precious ‘Storm Rifle’… Thing.
>
> That said, it’d probs be best to remove one of the three from the pool of both trios. I propose remove the SAW for Humans and Storm Rifle for Covvies. Not just because those are the classics, but at this point, both would just be superfluous.

The plasma weapons don’t fulfill the “opposite roles” to their UNSC counterparts, they fulfill the exact same role with a slight damage inversion( and then only in some cases). All post CE blue(and red) plasma weapons have been inaccurate bullet hoses, just like most automatic unsc weapons have been.

The Covenant and Prometheans don’t need 1:1 counterparts for every single weapon, and you can fill the broader sandbox needs without them. The Plasma Pistol and Magnum have both been “sidearms” without just been damage inverted versions of one another. The Covenant don’t need a shotgun because they have a sword. The Covenant can have a Focus Rifle that fills that broad “long range” niche without just being a purple sniper rifle like the Beam rifle is.

I agree that the UNSC sandbox needs some trimming as well, but we just don’t need more than one CE style ‘blue’ plasma weapon, whatever form it happens to take. If someone at 343 can fine some fantastic new niche for some of the other “plasma rifle” type weapons that doesn’t step on the toes of an existing weapon great. But honestly I find that unlikely given that both devs have struggled to really diversify the sandbox.

> 2533274912536998;6:
> Would be nice to see the ol’ Plasma Rifle make a comeback, but I think the storm rifle is gonna be it’s mainstream replacement from Halo 4 - present/future Halo games.
>
> Though it would be nice to have the Plasma Rifle back…maybe dual wield so I could duel wield plasma rifles again(doubt dual wield will ever come back but I can dream).

I doubt it. We don’t have the Don Matrick’s marketing team anymore! So no more rules about weapons having to feel “militaristic” and well, you know? COD like. Like the Storm rifle was.