Plasma Repeater vs Plasma Rifle

Hi all, I was just wondering if someone could give the differences and whatnot between these. Does the Repeater do less damage per shot? Thanks.

Plasma Repeater:
Much higher rate of fire on startup
RoF slows as the weapon is fired
Manual Ventilation feature for controllable heat
Deals more damage to Health than Shields (Exact same # of shots as AR for both)
Plasma Bolts fly much faster
Reticle Bloom allows for better control of accuracy

Plasma Rifle:
Low rate of fire on startup
RoF increases as the weapon is fired
Automatic Ventalation upon overheat
Deals much more damage to shields than health
Causes a “Plasma Stun” effect on enemy AI, but not players
More overall accuracy

In terms of kill for kill the Plasma Rifle takes less shots to kill, but has a much lower RoF.

And that’s it.

The Plasma Repeater has a greater fire-rate then the Plasma Rifle and you don’t need to worry about it overheating like the Plasma Rifle does. The Plasma Repeater rounds however are considerably weaker then the Plasma Rifle’s shots. But I think it does more damage to Health then the Rifle does.

The Plasma Rifle has a slower rate of fire then the Repeater does and it does not do as much damage to Health then the Plasma Repeater does. The Plasma Rifle however have a serious impact on your shields and can take them down with 2-6 Shots. The Plasma Rifle does need to cool-down when it Over-Heats but you don’t need to manually cool it down like the Plasma Repeater.

The plasma repeater has no purpose in this game, it does the exact same thing as the AR only difference is its less accurate, not hitscan and overheats.

> The plasma repeater has no purpose in this game, it does the exact same thing as the AR only difference is its less accurate, not hitscan and overheats.

It’s actually more accurate… Not less. But the venting function is completely different and it has a faster kill-time due to it’s opening Rate of Fire being much higher than the RoF of the AR. If you screw up and miss shots, THEN it’s kill time gets lower because the RoF becomes painfully slow. But it’s basically an AR that takes skill. That’s the difference.

Plasma Repeater I go with since its just a Covenant version of the Assault Rifle.

The plasma rifle is my favorite Covenant gun, so I choose it every time although the repeater at least has the ability to keep firing no matter what (unless you run it dry) so that could be the difference between life and death being able to squeeze out one more shot.

> 2533274882611809;6:
> Plasma Repeater I go with since its just a Covenant version of the Assault Rifle.

Don’t revive <mark>10 year old</mark> threads