Plasma Pistol....

Boltshot this, Boltshot that. What about the stupid Plasma Pistol? I have never found it to be much of a problem in H4 because no one ever used it over the Boltshot in regular Slayer/Regicide. But after the Boltshots nerf I seem to be seeing it more often, every game in fact. The noob combo is far to easy with the stupid target lock that almost never misses. On a small close quarters map like Adrift where there is little space to maneuver it becomes impossible to avoid.

It had always been a problem in BTB as it didn’t allow the vehicles like the Mantis to shine. But what gave me inspiration to make this post was after a game on Adrift in Rumble pit that occurred yesterday. I was in a pretty decent lobby (or so i thought). One person had a good 2.1 or so KD (around 38,000 kills and 18,000). I believed he was to be a challenge, but he honestly wasn’t. He won by a comfortable 6 kills of which about 21 of them kills was from using the plasma pistol and carbine combo (the others coming from the sword off the bat). He was clearly using it well but when I caught him off guard without the plasma pistol he was struggling to kill me (putting about 4 shots into me at most), he wasn’t even strafing. I would really like to people like this guy compete with out PPs.

The plasma pistol is another case of where a player can be rewarded when they shouldn’t. Similar to the Plasma Grenade kamikaze run and the Bolshot.
That said I use the Bolshot but only pull it out once or twice a game.

I think the majority of BTB players would prefer it not to have Plasma Pistols and Plasma grenades as it just ruins vehicle gameplay. It would make the warthog buffs unnecessary.

I am not saying anyone that uses Plasma pistols, P grenades and Bolshots have no skill and are stupid. I am just saying they need to be removed because they are to overused and reward players at times when they shouldn’t be.

The Plasma Pistol needs another nerf at the very least so that emp time for vehicles is less and the target lock needs to go for matchmaking.

2 things:

You can’t reduce the EMP time, because anyone with the Wheelman Mod would no longer even be effected by it by even a small degree.

Target lock is already buggy and requires that the lock be on for atleast a second before it actually works. Removing it would just be pissy.

I can honestly get behind nerfs to the Plasma Grenades (ammount you can carry/start with). But the Plasma Pistol cannot see another nerf, because by the time you nerf it to a point that Vehicles will be less effected by people carrying it, you have effectively destroyed its purpose at the same time.

> 2 things:
>
> You can’t reduce the EMP time, because anyone with the Wheelman Mod would no longer even be effected by it by even a small degree.
>
> Target lock is already buggy and requires that the lock be on for atleast a second before it actually works. Removing it would just be pissy.
>
>
> I can honestly get behind nerfs to the Plasma Grenades (ammount you can carry/start with). But the Plasma Pistol cannot see another nerf, because by the time you nerf it to a point that Vehicles will be less effected by people carrying it, you have effectively destroyed its purpose at the same time.

I see your point and I’m not sure on the current emp time for wheelman but anything from 1-2 seconds is more than enough time to Plasma grenade the vehicle. If only teammates were smart enough to help teamshot vehicles rather than sitting behind rocks or in bases not having fun trying to get sprees.

I can’t wait for this Legendary Slayer, classic Halo <3

I think they could weaken the plasma grenade damage on ground vehicles just a little bit. They should also reduce the EMP effectiveness on non-Wheelman users only.

> I think they could weaken the plasma grenade damage on ground vehicles just a little bit. They should also reduce the EMP effectiveness on non-Wheelman users only.

Then what is the point of Wheelman?

What is the point of perks? POINTLESS…