Plasma grenades need some SERIOUS Rebalancing

Hello every one, this is my first post on waypoint. I used to post on bungie, so Im familiar with things. Anyway…
Every Halo game has had sticky grenades in it and they have always been a somewhat common thing for people to pick up.They were fun to use maybe 2 or 3 times a game and were a great way of dealing with vehicles if you got close enough. They were balanced.
Now every one on your team can spawn with up to THREE plasmas, along with a package that gives you increased grenade damage. Now with Halo 4’s more condensed big team big team maps, Its so much easier to get stuck by a plasma grenade, specifically on maps like vortex - (where someone could just wait behind a rock) and Meltdown - (the warthog is virtually useless on this map)

As much as I dislike Ragnarok the Plasma grenade usage isnt as bad because its a more open map.

Exile is another extremely hard map for the chain gun hog. Driving around a corner spells out almost certain disaster. Yesterday I had a game where 4 different people stuck my hog at the same time. what would have been a typically quick drive bye was ruined by people that spawned with grenades.
I considered my self a decently good hog driver in reach, with over 2000 wheelmans I think. Ive gotten 2 different friends at least 3 unfriggenbelievables. Now, barely a frenzy.
Its hard to adapt to something like this. If I were to stay further away from people then the hog would just be more susceptible to dreaded DMR fire.
Now hog driving isnt my only complaint against the Plasma’s.
Dominion - I seriously can’t stand when I walk into a base to capture it and someone hiding in a corner will throw up to three stickies at me.
Go play dominion on exile and try to capture and hold the B base while starting at C. Running through those narrow halls is almost impossible without getting stuck.

I’ve seen way to many people not even bother shoot at me and just lob three stickies and pray one latches on to me. The last game I played of dominion someones tool of destruction were stickies with 7 kills with them. WTF, Its seriously unbalanced.
Possible solutions:
-Only allowed to spawn with one sticky
-make you have to aim higher when throwing a sticky - to require more skill
-please put the explosives package and the grenadier package in the same slot
-nerf the damage so it only takes down shields but make the “Sticking” range wider
-Remove them from loadouts
Personally I liked stickies better as pick ups.

what you need to learn about grenades is that they run out easily. if you can play it safer around their first volleys of grenades you can beat them in the gunfight they’re probably going to lose.

the warthog scenario is the same. play against the grenades taking into account what they are, dangerous weapons that you need to avoid.

Some of your points but think about what you said, they are dangerous weapons. Why should players be able to spawn with these?

> -
> Some of your points but think about what you said, they are dangerous weapons. Why should players be able to spawn with these?

uh because it’s a shooter, did you really just ask this?

> what you need to learn about grenades is that they run out easily. if you can play it safer around their first volleys of grenades you can beat them in the gunfight they’re probably going to lose.
>
> the warthog scenario is the same. play against the grenades taking into account what they are, dangerous weapons that you need to avoid.

They would run out easy if people weren’t dying every 40 seconds and respawning instantaneously with a fresh batch

its a first person shooter, not a first person grenade spammer

> its a first person shooter, not a first person grenade spammer

grenades are extremely easy to predict, and nowhere near as plentiful when compared to the number of bullets you have.

grenades are in the game, deal with them as a factor of combat or don’t complain when you can’t figure out how to.

I agree. If I have my PP/ sticky loadout and spot an enemy warthog, taking it down is effortless. No longer do we need to hunt down a power weapon or time our frags perfectly to hinder the hog, just stun it and chuck both nades for an easy double kill.

This makes people think twice before getting in a vehicle and instead opt to simply crossmap with a DMR and rack up the ordnance.

> I agree. If I have my PP/ sticky loadout and spot an enemy warthog, taking it down is effortless. No longer do we need to hunt down a power weapon or time our frags perfectly to hinder the hog, just stun it and chuck both nades for an easy double kill.
>
> This makes people think twice before getting in a vehicle and instead opt to simply crossmap with a DMR and rack up the ordnance.

why doesn’t it make them think about how they can adjust their driving skills? the only errant thing for drivers that fall to this tactic is range, unless they’re idiots and drove right into the plasma shot. when you’re driving properly, you’ll know when to get close and when to pull away from grenade and plasma pistol wielding foes.

have you read nothing about the DMR? to close you get stuck, To far away you get hammered by DMR fire. if you havent noticed, the gunner on the chain gun hog is very vunerable, the chain gun isn,t accurate at DMR range at all. And grenades are predictable? again, Read what I said about exile, its not easy to dodge a plasma in those close ranged tunnels, especially dodge 3. Try go for a melee? chances of you getting stuck are even greater.

> > I agree. If I have my PP/ sticky loadout and spot an enemy warthog, taking it down is effortless. No longer do we need to hunt down a power weapon or time our frags perfectly to hinder the hog, just stun it and chuck both nades for an easy double kill.
> >
> > This makes people think twice before getting in a vehicle and instead opt to simply crossmap with a DMR and rack up the ordnance.
>
> why doesn’t it make them think about how they can adjust their driving skills? the only errant thing for drivers that fall to this tactic is range, unless they’re idiots and drove right into the plasma shot. when you’re driving properly, you’ll know when to get close and when to pull away from grenade and plasma pistol wielding foes.

Unless you stick to your half of the map and avoid foot soldiers like the plague, you’re going to get stunned/stuck. It’s inevitable since people now spawn with the stickies and death rewards them with 2 more. A single experienced player can take down a warthog with ease and you won’t even see it coming.

It disencourages map movement and promotes camping.

Thank you! Really good point you have there! Another thing I forgot to mention was using the sword. I can get a kill on an unsuspecting player but when its a 1v1, I get stuck, and lose my sword. Thats no fun at all/

> Now every one on your team can spawn with up to THREE plasmas, along with a package that gives you increased grenade damage.

Wait what mod is that the only one that i know of increases range but decreases damage.

I know its titled Halo but each version shouldn’t be like the last. I’m glad they changed the power. Like you said, you got your gunners an unfrigginbelievable 3 times. I could complain that the hog is over powered if you can accomplish that.

That being said they should change all hogs to gauss mode.

> > > I agree. If I have my PP/ sticky loadout and spot an enemy warthog, taking it down is effortless. No longer do we need to hunt down a power weapon or time our frags perfectly to hinder the hog, just stun it and chuck both nades for an easy double kill.
> > >
> > > This makes people think twice before getting in a vehicle and instead opt to simply crossmap with a DMR and rack up the ordnance.
> >
> > why doesn’t it make them think about how they can adjust their driving skills? the only errant thing for drivers that fall to this tactic is range, unless they’re idiots and drove right into the plasma shot. when you’re driving properly, you’ll know when to get close and when to pull away from grenade and plasma pistol wielding foes.
>
> Unless you stick to your half of the map and avoid foot soldiers like the plague, you’re going to get stunned/stuck. It’s inevitable since people now spawn with the stickies and death rewards them with 2 more. A single experienced player can take down a warthog with ease and you won’t even see it coming.
>
> It disencourages map movement and promotes camping.

I don’t have problems like this. cover exists for vehicles on every part of the map, and you can have fun when you’ve got a gunner that can shoot. yes I see that any long range weapon can have a nasty effect on the warthog, you figure out how to avoid them just like you figure out how to avoid plasma grenades.

Good drivers and gunners still seem to tear it up, the hog usually survives a sticky or rocket or a couple rail gun shots, it’s a beast on longbow for people who can use it

As a gunner I find it’s the splatter-happy drivers that get you killed more then any individual gun or grenade on the field, stay on the damn road and get me a shot.

> I considered my self a decently good hog driver in reach, with over 2000 wheelmans I think. Ive gotten 2 different friends at least 3 unfriggenbelievables. Now, barely a frenzy.
> Its hard to adapt to something like this.

Perhaps 343 have addressed something they feel to be OP i.e. your warthog antics. Nothing pisses me off more than people spamming from vehicles. I like that its more balanced now.

I to find it ridiculous that i cant have fun with my mates in warthogs anymore because of plasma grenades. I would love 343 to death if they came out with a patch were no grenade loadouts would exist.

just saying.

> Good drivers and gunners still seem to tear it up, the hog usually survives a sticky or rocket or a couple rail gun shots, it’s a beast on longbow for people who can use it
>
> As a gunner I find it’s the splatter-happy drivers that get you killed more then any individual gun or grenade on the field, stay on the damn road and get me a shot.

As a splatter happy driver I retaliate with most random gunners won’t hit the broad side of a barn anyways, just something else to shoot at that’s not the driver.

No I’m not arguing, this was meant to be funny.

I think the fact people can spawn with PP/Stickies is bad enough for Vehicular action on it’s own, but when Vehicles have their own health it almost kills vehicles for me, except for the few heavy vehicles.

Not only does it make it incredibly easy to take down Warthogs, Ghosts, etcetera, it just make countering vehicle users boring and repetitive. Halo 3’s vehicle combat was great because it wasn’t just ‘Spawn, Spam Stickies, Repeat if necessary’. You could be taken down in a variety of ways but players didn’t just spawn with anti-vehicle things. You had to go and get yourself a Plasma Pistol, or Stickies. If your 'hog got damaged then it wasn’t just “DMR until it eventually dies”.

Countering vehicles used to be as fun as they were to use. Sure, you got the Gauss Hog, but in my opinion that’s just unsuited to MP anyway - though that’s digressing. I’d love for vehicle health to be tied to player health again. If you used the Warthog right you could go on awesome sprees, and it’s not like there’d be a scarcity of power weapons with Personal Ordnance and the fact that the Sniper can wreck vehicles now. Vehicles were sometimes dominant but with PO you’d have no problem countering it. The new vehicle health system just creates a war of attrition, and I don’t find it fun at all.