Placement matches?

I played 1v1 playlist and most of my opponents were top tier players. One was even a #6 champion. I placed gold 6? Why? Not even diamond? Lol ranking system is so off.

I believe it’s because the MMR system reset last season. Did you play 1s at all last season?

Never placed ones. I’m gold 4 being put against onyx and up players. Weird

> 2743710844422030;3:
> Never placed ones. I’m gold 4 being put against onyx and up players. Weird

I’ve been having trouble with things like this too. I’m only a diamond 1 in 1v1 but was being put atlgain onyx players. Also, I’m gold 6 in 2v2, being put against diamonds, but also people that are attempting placement matches. I’ve been getting put on teams with people that are only level 20 or under this season more then ever before, and I also get matched against people like that too. Everything seems out of whack

> 2533274924424525;4:
> > 2743710844422030;3:
> > Never placed ones. I’m gold 4 being put against onyx and up players. Weird
>
> I’ve been having trouble with things like this too. I’m only a diamond 1 in 1v1 but was being put atlgain onyx players. Also, I’m gold 6 in 2v2, being put against diamonds, but also people that are attempting placement matches. I’ve been getting put on teams with people that are only level 20 or under this season more then ever before, and I also get matched against people like that too. Everything seems out of whack

The matchmaking system tends to prioritize finding the quickest match as opposed to one with a closer skill level. If no one else happens to be searching at the exact same time near your skill level it’ll toss you into the match with whoever is available.