Placement matches

So I did all my placement matches in slayer (solo queue) and won 6 of of them, came top of the leaderboard in 3 and homescreened 1. I was a daimond 3 last season and it places me in platinum 5, Platinum 5! Now I can’t get back to daimond easily because hardly any of my teammates go positive. RIP ranking system

The only solution is to play with friends, unfortunately …

Each reset i have exactly the same problem…

Just go add something here- I did my arena placement matches, I was daimond 5 last season and it placed me in PLATINUM 5 AGAIN. My teammate who was platinum 5 last season got ranked down to gold 5. We won half of our games. How does having a 50% win ratio get you ranked down 6 times?!

The way the rank resets have seemed to work, both from personal experience and from what I have read and seen in videos, is that the game strives to keep you at the same level. Aside from visible CSR there is a hidden matchmaking rank. And it seems to have a cumulative effect. The higher your SR, or the more games you have put in the harder it is to change your rank. The game seems to be designed so you really have to log a lot of games, continually improving, before it actually notices. It’s like the old two steps forward, one step back adage. That’s just how it is. Even a previous Champ 1 who wins every placement game at the top of the leaderboard can only rank Onyx 1700, 100 CSR below the Champ 200 threshold. So it’s been pretty standard to get reset about one full tier below where you finished last season.

The Matchmaking system also seems to take this hidden MM rank into consideration when queuing up teams in Arena. That’s how lousy Plat 1s get paired with outstanding Silver 6 players.

Of course most of this is conjecture on my part. Since 343 never shares any info on how the rank system and resets operate no one knows for sure.

> 2533274939028176;4:
> Just go add something here- I did my arena placement matches, I was daimond 5 last season and it placed me in PLATINUM 5 AGAIN. My teammate who was platinum 5 last season got ranked down to gold 5. We won half of our games. How does having a 50% win ratio get you ranked down 6 times?!

It’s based on how your played and the skill level of your opponents.

I was placed in plat 1 the arena. Got lucky to find a few guys with mics willing to party up, within like 10 games was able to get up to plat 6. It is all about teamwork. But this ranking system is still very broken, a few games we went up against some onyx players and high diamond and they posted bottom leader board.

Also if you got homescreened that counts as a quit I’m pretty sure. And in my experience quits count as reallyyyyyyyyy bad losses.

> 2533274939028176;1:
> So I did all my placement matches in slayer (solo queue) and won 6 of of them, came top of the leaderboard in 3 and homescreened 1. I was a daimond 3 last season and it places me in platinum 5, Platinum 5! Now I can’t get back to daimond easily because hardly any of my teammates go positive. RIP ranking system

Use a mic and play with a full team whenever possible. To my knowledge, H5 matches you against STACKED TEAMS despite searching solo, so you are only asking for trouble if you search solo.

If you can’t get into diamond solo then you probably shouldn’t be there.
OT I was onyx the last 2 seasons and they place me in either platinum or diamond.

50% win rate is bad
play more and your rank will go up. halo 5 ranking doesnt matter to much on how good you are, just on how much you play

> 2533274939028176;1:
> So I did all my placement matches in slayer (solo queue) and won 6 of of them, came top of the leaderboard in 3 and homescreened 1. I was a daimond 3 last season and it places me in platinum 5, Platinum 5! Now I can’t get back to daimond easily because hardly any of my teammates go positive. RIP ranking system

I’ve only been playing Halo 5 for less than a month at most. Before that the last Halo game I played was Halo 2 on the original Xbox back in the day. Anyways I did placement matches in a group with friends who I always play with. I was wondering why for this new month I couldn’t seem to get ahead of any of them because I was doing pretty good if not the same as 2 of them. After doing all the calculations to take into account everything that is given to us I came up with this little chart: http://imgur.com/ESEhAYo which confirms what x dogzilla x says. The placement system takes into account your SR as well as your overall “ranking”. My highest CSR and my SR is way lower than the rest of my group. Even though I felt I was close with 2 of them I still placed lower. I did a video where I explain my “guesstimation” of how it works: - YouTube

I’m going to continue documenting it each month to see where I place and to see if as my SR goes higher if I get placed higher.

Hope this helps you OP.

Tmmy

I 100% hate rank resets. It makes me not want to play next month. Not everyone can play everyday to work on they rank. I only have ever gotten to low onyx because I run out of time. I just want to start at the bottom and work my way to the top aka like Halo 3 style or sports in general.

Also IMO rank resets drive people away. Four of my friends stopped playing Halo 5 because of this reason alone, no lie. I have had other people, who I did not know tell me the same thing about people they know. I understand what they were trying to do with, but overall terrible idea rank resets IMO and many others.

I’m convinced the level of your opponents is weighted more heavily than most people think.

Previously I’ve gone:
9-1 T.Slayer against plat/diamond - got ranked plat
4-10 (with abysmal individual stats) against consistent onyx players - got ranked Diamond 5
I’ve done well in FFA placements (against gold/plat) - got ranked plat
I went absolutely horribly against Champ/Onyx and Diamond in FFA - got ranked Diamond 3 or 4
5-10 T.Arena with good individual stats (against gold/unranked) - ranked gold

> 2533274968722829;5:
> The way the rank resets have seemed to work, both from personal experience and from what I have read and seen in videos, is that the game strives to keep you at the same level. Aside from visible CSR there is a hidden matchmaking rank. And it seems to have a cumulative effect. The higher your SR, or the more games you have put in the harder it is to change your rank. The game seems to be designed so you****really have to log a lot of games, continually improving, before it actually notices. It’s like the old two steps forward, one step back adage. That’s just how it is. Even a previous Champ 1 who wins every placement game at the top of the leaderboard can only rank Onyx 1700, 100 CSR below the Champ 200 threshold. So it’s been pretty standard to get reset about one full tier below where you finished last season.
>
> The Matchmaking system also seems to take this hidden MM rank into consideration when queuing up teams in Arena. That’s how lousy Plat 1s get paired with outstanding Silver 6 players.
>
> Of course most of this is conjecture on my part. Since 343 never shares any info on how the rank system and resets operate no one knows for sure.

Make total sens . Having a good explanation by them on the way the system work would be appreciated

I seem to always get platinum 6 in slayer and objectives and gold 6 in breakout. Even though I know my skill level is way above the rank they have me playing.

Its not just wins its also skill of combatants.

The games you won must have been against mostly platinum or lower ranked players.

The quit probably didn’t help things. The ranking system is weird. I’ve played diamond players that I thought were more of a gold skill level and platinums that were closer to onyx levels. I’m just glad people can derank out of a division now.

Yep same problem here.

Thanks for writing on my post, and I’ve got back to diamond in slayer solo queue and I’m close in team arena. The ranking system in halo 5 makes very little sense and I hope it can be improved. Also, the I really dislike how much the placement matches matter. Like I said I had a 50% win rate in the placement games (I know it wasn’t great) and that’s because I was just not doing too well for a few games. Why should that rank me a whole 6 ranks down?