placement matches

Could someone let me know the exact formula to decide what your rank turns out to be? Like what is the exact percentage based on previous rank, Kda, team wins, ect.

Also, I tried pretty hard in breakout to get the best rank possible, had a high kda, but was only matched against silvers so my rank turned out to be silver. I know the last time I played was in preseason and was treating breakout as a social playlist and not taking it very seriously and was placed silver. Why didn’t the game give me a chance to compete with platinum or diamond to see how I did against them?

Edit: my KD in breakout for the 10 games is 1.9
So basically I had 2 kills per 1 death

not sure I got a diamond 2 one season and I didn’t play very well it seems pretty flawed.

It counts your Wins over Losses vs what ranks the other players were. It also takes into consideration what rank you were the previous season. If you win against low levels, you rank up slower. If you win against high levels you rank up faster. And the other way around for losses. KDA has nothing todo with placement.

Every season exept for pre-season is pretty accurate. And you can always rank up by playing more games.

Teamwork is the key-word in placements.

The actual formula has never been released, but your prior placements matter very much, along with KDA, accuracy, damage dealt, and games won.

> 2533274855264987;4:
> The actual formula has never been released, but your prior placements matter very much, along with KDA, accuracy, damage dealt, and games won.

Not true since a player in my group two seasons ago ranked diamond 3 with a KDA of around 0.4. (Not the greatest player but a good teammate non the less)

Wins do in fact matter as that player was with me and 2 others in that season, hence the high ranking.

> 2533274824494670;5:
> > 2533274855264987;4:
> > The actual formula has never been released, but your prior placements matter very much, along with KDA, accuracy, damage dealt, and games won.
>
>
> Not true since a player in my group two seasons ago ranked diamond 3 with a KDA of around 0.4. (Not the greatest player but a good teammate non the less)
>
> Wins do in fact matter as that player was with me and 2 others in that season, hence the high ranking.

Not saying games won doesn’t matter, just saying that it isn’t the only piece. Also, if he was playing with other diamond level players that would help him get diamond no matter what his KDA was.

> 2533274855264987;4:
> The actual formula has never been released, but your prior placements matter very much, along with KDA, accuracy, damage dealt, and games won.

If the game new that silver wasn’t challenging enough for me, then why did I have to keep fighting against silver? Why didn’t I go to the higher tier? I don’t understand the purpose of placement matches if the game keeps you in the spot you were in before.

when the game is in Spanish ranges they are not visible only in the English language version

> 2533274941028911;8:
> when the game is in Spanish ranges they are not visible only in the English language version

I don’t understand.

Any other ideas?

So no one really knows?

The placement system is terrible. I have no idea what goes into it, but wins-losses plays a big part, which is ridiculous. The ranking system is a joke in my opinion and should be overhauled asap.

I have a feeling its based off your contribution to the game at the skill level you are in.
Arena is more about objective - flag grabs more important than KD
But slayer based modes if you have a 1 kD against diamonds you probably gonna get diamond , if its lower then your next game will be against Platniums and your KD should increase slightly and if you win you vs diamonds again. SO forth until all 10 games are done

Believe it bases it off the skill level of people you are versing , so even if you are doing really bad and versing only diamonds you will be placed around there (maybe plat) even if you should be silver

TDLR - its how you compare to other players in that rank

> 2533274894925952;13:
> I have a feeling its based off your contribution to the game at the skill level you are in.
> Arena is more about objective - flag grabs more important than KD
> But slayer based modes if you have a 1 kD against diamonds you probably gonna get diamond , if its lower then your next game will be against Platniums and your KD should increase slightly and if you win you vs diamonds again. SO forth until all 10 games are done
>
> Believe it bases it off the skill level of people you are versing , so even if you are doing really bad and versing only diamonds you will be placed around there (maybe plat) even if you should be silver
>
> TDLR - its how you compare to other players in that rank

I never had a chance to face any high level gold or platinum in my 10 games

So it seems like it’s not a good system

I hope 343i posts exactly how the ranking system works because a lot of people have questions about it. Based off my experience I’d say it mostly depends on how you perform against other players and what their ranks are. I find playing by yourself yields the most accurate rank. Once you are ranked, it’s completely based on whether you win or lose.

> 2533274824494670;3:
> It counts your Wins over Losses vs what ranks the other players were. It also takes into consideration what rank you were the previous season. If you win against low levels, you rank up slower. If you win against high levels you rank up faster. And the other way around for losses. KDA has nothing todo with placement.
>
> Every season exept for pre-season is pretty accurate. And you can always rank up by playing more games.
>
> Teamwork is the key-word in placements.

That makes no sense. I played with my cousin who was an Onyx in swat. Did pretty well and won every placement match except maybe one close one, but I think I ran the table. I think I only went positive outside of maybe one or two times and frequently finished 2nd to 3rd on the team. Beat a crapload of Onyx players as well. Got ranked diamond 1. He played a mix of people did pretty well, and lost 3 matches or so and started in Onyx, but he does normally outkill me in swat so kills have to be of some impact.

I also won every placement match in breakout and did well, still got Diamond 1 placement even after playing a lot of higher ranked players.

> 2535468300013825;15:
> So it seems like it’s not a good system

If you want your background rank to go up so that you can place better next season, you’ll need to play a lot of games this season and rank up to a higher level. Only playing the placement matches each season will not work. You’ll just stay in the same spot.

> 2533274855264987;18:
> > 2535468300013825;15:
> > So it seems like it’s not a good system
>
>
> If you want your background rank to go up so that you can place better next season, you’ll need to play a lot of games this season and rank up to a higher level. Only playing the placement matches each season will not work. You’ll just stay in the same spot.

This doesn’t make any sense. What is the purpose of a placement match if I always will get placed silver no matter what? I don’t want to grind up to higher ranks. Especially since I always play alone and it’s the luck of the draw on a bad team

Im not sure what the formula is, but from my own personal experience, if I play really well in the placement matches, I rank lower. If I feel like I did bad in my placement matches, it ranks me higher. I don’t take it too serious. I just play to have fun