Pitching a Tent GLITCHED??

I have tried to get this new achievement for a while now and nothing seems to work.

I have stayed in the same area for 3 minutes
Stood still for 2
Left my control on the coffee table for 2 minutes and nothing pops.

What gives?

this is hilarious, and here’s why:

you actually tried to get it, and the game refused to budge.

i didn’t know it existed, went AFC to deal with something, and just as i sat back down saw “achievement unlocked 40G Pitchin’ a Tent” or something similar. looked it up, saw the requirement, laughed.

im guessing for whatever reason you didn’t camp “effectively” in the eyes of the game.

i’d say try again later.

maybe a Bundle Glitch? if you have the championship bundle that is.

it is also possible someone killed you when you put your controller down and went elsewhere.

My son told me yesterday that he got this achievement when he went to the toilet during a game, yet you can’t get it even when you’re trying to, so it definitely sounds a little glitchy to me.

Were you crouching when you were trying to get it? For whatever reason, you have to be standing, not crouching.

If not, then I don’t know what to tell you. DLC Achievements have been glitchy since the first Halo Reach DLC

> Were you crouching when you were trying to get it? For whatever reason, you have to be standing, not crouching.
>
> If not, then I don’t know what to tell you. DLC Achievements have been glitchy since the first Halo Reach DLC

I got it whilst crouching atop a sniper tower on Pitfall.

> > Were you crouching when you were trying to get it? For whatever reason, you have to be standing, not crouching.
> >
> > If not, then I don’t know what to tell you. DLC Achievements have been glitchy since the first Halo Reach DLC
>
> I got it whilst crouching atop a sniper tower on Pitfall.

Strange. I tried 3 times crouching, nothing happened. After respawning, I just stood still, and “blip bloop”, achievement unlocked. Glitchy indeed.

I got it while crouching during a Ricochet match guarding my teams Goal.

I got it by staying on a turret in the ricochet game. I shot people and turned the gun, but I didn’t move from that spot or die. I killed a few players and a few shot at me. But yeah give that a try.

I got it after I had killed one enemy and then I went to AFK for around one minute (indeed, stupid achievement)

> > > Were you crouching when you were trying to get it? For whatever reason, you have to be standing, not crouching.
> > >
> > > If not, then I don’t know what to tell you. DLC Achievements have been glitchy since the first Halo Reach DLC
> >
> > I got it whilst crouching atop a sniper tower on Pitfall.
>
> Strange. I tried 3 times crouching, nothing happened. After respawning, I just stood still, and <mark>“blip bloop”</mark>, achievement unlocked. Glitchy indeed.

Ahem, I believe it is “Bleep Bloop”… (Learnt that from Caboose)

You have to get some kills first. No player should be awarded an achievement for going AFK. I got mine on Ragnarock. The other team just sat in their base giving me 2 easy over kills. Then I camped the cave. It popped right at 60 seconds.

I got it while defending the base on a turret on longbow.

> You have to get some kills first. No player should be awarded an achievement for going AFK. I got mine on Ragnarock. The other team just sat in their base giving me 2 easy over kills. Then I camped the cave. It popped right at 60 seconds.

This might be the mistake others are making - when I tried to get it and failed I think I went AFK from the start, but when I fianlly did get it it was in a mtach when I’d already got a kill.

So perhaps you need to get a kill and then camp (in the same life as well?)

What’s funny is that the game rewards you for going AFC :slight_smile:

I went after it, but the darn achievement won’t unlock!

I guess I’ll try again later. This time, I’ll get to a good spot and pause the game so there is no possible way I can move.

I just stood in one place on Complex on SWAT, pause just in case