Pistol and AR feel too similar?

To me Halo Infinite has this unique problem where the AR and pistol are seemingly so similar in role and function to eachother that I use them interchangeably in any given situation.

With how spammable the sidekick is + the AR’s greatly increased range and headshot damage, I don’t ever feel like there’s “a right weapon for the job”. The AR and sidekick seem to be equals in ranged and cqc fights, and both are utilized most effectively by firing full auto since the DPS drop from feathering makes it not worth it.

I feel like the removal of bloom and a small nerf to the RoF would better define the role of the sidekick as a precision counterpart to the AR. Starting with 2 fast firing, bloom-based weapons takes a lot away from Halo’s otherwise diverse gunplay.

1 Like

The AR should have a fixed spread, not bloom, to cement its role at its intended range. they should remove bloom on the sidekick, commando, and sniper, as well as slightly nerfing / rebalancing bullet velocity of some weapons.

1 Like

I’m on the fence with the AR. Like, I’d prefer its effective range to be shorter. But then again, it’s only a starting weapon in quick play and a pickup in ranked so it’s not exactly ruining my competitive experience.
I wouldn’t mind if they nerfed the AR a bit. But I can tolerate it as long as it’s not buffed from how it is now.

The pistol is good as is imo. I usually pick it up in ranked on tighter maps because it’s handy against BR at close range.

The pistol is good as is imo. I usually pick it up in ranked on tighter maps because it’s handy against BR at close range.

I can imagine the sidekick is a good pair with the BR, but its a redundant pair with the AR. the magnum has always been the go-to precision weapon in casual, but the sidekick barely fulfills that role.

It really is, which I prefer. If they made the sidekick stronger, it would make BR not as impactful or important. To have a pistol similar to that of Halo 5 or Halo CE, we’d probably need to have two different pistols (which might very well happen later on tbh. The Coalition did the same with Gears 5 and added the flamethrower on some maps. MCC also has different versions of weapons).