Physical Ultimate Edition

After playing a bit more with Halo Wars 2, I’m slowly finding it to be more entertaining than I initially thought. Still not amazing but with some gameplay fixes I feel it will be something I will play regularly.

Now the big question is: Will the physical version of the Ultimate Edition be equivalent to the Halo 5 Guardians Collector Edition where all of the limited edition content and statue are shipped but the game is provided as a digital copy? I’m very interested in the play anywhere feature especially considering I just upgrade my PC’s graphics card to a 1080 and I want to play these new Xbox titles on PC as well as on my console. I am an avid Halo collector and have bought the top tier editions of every Halo game ever (except the collector’s edition statue from Halo 5 because it wasn’t all that fantastic). The collector in me will hurt if I’m stuck buying the physical copy of the Ultimate Edition and I won’t have to ability to experience cross-play.

So is there any chance the collector’s editions will be getting digital copies over disc?

Ahhh, good question! We haven’t got confirmation that a legendary (type) edition will be released…(please give me that brute bust) I wonder if this is what’s taking them…doing the legendary for pc as well, figuring it all out!

I’m sure it’s coming though…and I imagine it will have the code instead of disc…

halo 5 collectors edition statue is awesome by the way…

I’m assuming it might be a digital code, says UE gives 4 days early access even on the physical version.

This man asks the most important questions in life. I must continue adding to my Halo 2 shiny boxes. Though I must say on a side note, I do miss them having different viewpoints and themes between guide books (aka Halo 2 limited vs normal; UNSC vs Covenant).

> Will the physical version of the Ultimate Edition be equivalent to the Halo 5 Guardians Collector Edition where all of the limited edition content and statue are shipped but the game is provided as a digital copy?

Wow, really? Now I have to go check to see if I got the same thing since I can’t remember.

EDIT
Well if the collector box had the digital base game, the limited edition did not. :c

I would prefer to get physical copies for UE, but how will they “play anywhere”? Do I pop the disc into my PC and I’m ready to go?

‘Play Anywhere’ is exclusive to digital.

> 2717573882290912;5:
> I would prefer to get physical copies for UE, but how will they “play anywhere”? Do I pop the disc into my PC and I’m ready to go?

> 2533274964458234;6:
> ‘Play Anywhere’ is exclusive to digital.
>
>
> > 2717573882290912;5:
> > I would prefer to get physical copies for UE, but how will they “play anywhere”? Do I pop the disc into my PC and I’m ready to go?

Sheds a tear

Damn. Looks like no PC play for me, unless Ultimate edition doesn’t have a physical release.