Phantoms: Bringers of Death

Almost every Warzone Firefight game I’m playing, I’ll be happily crouching in cover waiting for my shields to recharge after taking some Plasma Pistol spam from Grunts or something, when all of a sudden I get glassed by a Phantom and it’s insane high-damage rapid-fire plasma cannon. If by some miracle I escape the cannon, then the little plasma turrets cut me to shreds anyway.

Does everyone else think Phantoms have OP weapons, or am I just unlucky/incompetent?

I agree the phantom could use a nerf, if you have a ghost on the occasion it will cut the wings of it (sticky out bits) and it happily sets a light to a scorpion!!

> 2535406767508659;2:
> I agree the phantom could use a nerf, if you have a ghost on the occasion it will cut the wings of it (sticky out bits) and it happily sets a light to a scorpion!!

Every single enemy in Firefight needs a nerf damage wise, some more than others(Looking at you prometheans).
I have no idea what the hell the devs were thinking when they thought that giving Firefight a difficulty beyond Legendary was a good idea.

I hate the Phantom! I would really appreciate it if we could shoot the gun off like in the good ole days. I got a scorpion the other day, rolled out of the garage at round 4 and got lit up and never got a kill with it.

I’m kind of glad they’re a bit over powered, it makes me want to run for cover when i see a phantom which is the exact opposite of what i did in previous Halos

I like how the Plasma Turrets on those ships kill you in exactly four shots, and that they cripple vehicles in seconds. They are just as lethal as Phaetons!

Utter Sarcasm

YES! Every time I spawn a vehicle like a scorpion for a covenant round it gets damaged more from the phantoms than the actual enemies or bosses. And the phantoms ALWAYS target me over anyone else. You should at least be able to destroy both the plasma turret and the other huge turret.

> 2535444183218473;7:
> YES! Every time I spawn a vehicle like a scorpion for a covenant round it gets damaged more from the phantoms than the actual enemies or bosses. And the phantoms ALWAYS target me over anyone else. You should at least be able to destroy both the plasma turret and the other huge turret.

The A.I. targets whoever is making the most noise with his/her weapon.

Firefight needs a lot more work.
One well placed rocket would take that from current out in prior games. I tried to blast with a tank, 4 shots and it still blew me up.
Yesterday I waited in the garage waiting to spawn a tank for 2 mins. There was the normal 3 round spawn time, then vehicle spawn timer of 50 seconds.

How come in Campaign or the Phantom boss on Apex 7, a plasma grenade stick would destroy the guns, but in every other phantom inside multiplayer does nothing against it.

The phantoms need a nerfing. Maybe a slight change back to the halo 2 phantoms with light turrets instead of gunship cannons.

While I agree that most if not all enemies in WZFF need a nerf, I would have to argue that the phantoms are fine the way they are. You have to remember that this thing is a ship, with weapons purposed to hold its own against other enemy ships-it simply MUST be able to destroy a Spartan 1 v. 1, no matter how OP and augmented on a human level they are. It’s still ship v. human, that’s how I see it.
Also on the topic of the turret gunners, 95% of the time I have never been able to kill them, but somehow very recently I managed to pull it off. I don’t know how or why I was able to that time as opposed to others, but just know it’s possible…somehow.

> 2535444183218473;7:
> YES! Every time I spawn a vehicle like a scorpion for a covenant round it gets damaged more from the phantoms than the actual enemies or bosses. And the phantoms ALWAYS target me over anyone else. You should at least be able to destroy both the plasma turret and the other huge turret.

In firefight it feels like you’re a sitting duck most of the time in a tank. I think the Scorpion needs a 15% speed boost,at the least, then maybe you could move out of the way. .

In my opinion, I would like to see firefight play like Heroic difficulty in campaign. Whether that’s what it is intended to be or not currently, I don’t know but it surely doesn feel like it. Balancing is definitely a issue that needs to be addressed which I’m sure they will.

Honestly, if we have tanks, we should be able to kill phantoms. I just hate how they set them to invincible, except for the bosses. And I kinda wish the death animations of the phantom was more like Halo 3. Where it takes awhile to blow up and you hear that sound that they are about to. Well I’m just being picky… OR it could be both, instant blown up or takes time. In Halo Reach, the mac gun, instantly killed the phantoms…

I’d rather there be two versions of firefight, one to stay difficult for the teams and an easier one with destroy-able phantoms and all around less damage. This would be the best way to satisfy both groups, or even people such as myself who like to switch between easy and difficult.

Can the Phantoms be damaged by Spartan Lasers? Those work great against the Phaetons.

Round 2: incoming covenant

i immediately run into a base and wait for the phantoms to fly away before i come back out.

At the very least, I’d like to be able to shoot the gun off a Phantom like I did in Halo Reach Firefight.

Has anyone tried blowing up phantoms in the campaign?