Phantom and mastadon

Sorry if my spellings a little off but does anyone else wonder if the phantom will be a troop carrier like the mastadon?

The phantom can carry 2 squads so it is a carrier

Yes it fits squads of troops in it. How many? or what types is yet to be seen. You can watch the the arbiter gameplay and see if you can spot the specific units allowed in it.

Oh sweet I’d love to just grab a bunch of phantoms and use them instead of teleport

The squads inside work like the ‘Last Stand’ unit cards in Blitz, when the unit (Phantom and Mastadon) dies the garrisoned units deploy

So does that mean you can’t deploy unit then?

> 2533274969455749;6:
> So does that mean you can’t deploy unit then?

I’m pretty sure Y on xbox empties the mastodon and phantom. you garrison troops by selecting the squads then pressing X on the transport.

> 2533274807562680;7:
> > 2533274969455749;6:
> > So does that mean you can’t deploy unit then?
>
> I’m pretty sure Y on xbox empties the mastodon and phantom. you garrison troops by selecting the squads then pressing X on the transport.

cheers I’m sure ill find out soon

It’s cool we get mobile garrisons, just afraid of the Elite Ranger Hunter combo or Spartan Team Omega Power Ranger Mastadon Combo Surprise.

> 2533274807562680;7:
> > 2533274969455749;6:
> > So does that mean you can’t deploy unit then?
>
> I’m pretty sure Y on xbox empties the mastodon and phantom. you garrison troops by selecting the squads then pressing X on the transport.

Probably works like Johnsons’ Bunker if I had to guess.

On a side-note, the Mastodon is something I’d like to see show up in the FPS games (hell, along with most vehicles from this game tbh). It’s such a sensible idea and it really fits into the Halo aesthetic.

Since the phantom is pretty much a flying Sgt Johnson bunker, i wonder if hunters (since they are in the air after all) could be loaded in to target air units, if so i sense banished air forces will never be defeated with flying beam hunters literally melting AA and vultures alike.

Shouldn’t the arbiter be using Spirits instead of phantoms tho? Pretty sure they didn’t have phantoms during halo wars 1…

> 2533274913115363;11:
> On a side-note, the Mastodon is something I’d like to see show up in the FPS games (hell, along with most vehicles from this game tbh). It’s such a sensible idea and it really fits into the Halo aesthetic.

I honestly have always wondered why Warzone was not a separate side game were they brought in everything from all the games. Think battlefield but constantly updated.

any main game you own will allow you to unlock the new stuff in Halo: Warzone and old stuff as well.

let’s say they released it this year if you own Halo 1,3,4,5 you will be able to unlock all vehicles and weapons from those games. Then Halo 6 comes out and you buy that. Now you can unlock that stuff as well. But then your like I’m missing the heretic banshee so then you buy Halo 2 and you can unlock it.

insentive to buy the new games and gives them a pretty large mmo type game.

> 2533274913115363;11:
> On a side-note, the Mastodon is something I’d like to see show up in the FPS games (hell, along with most vehicles from this game tbh). It’s such a sensible idea and it really fits into the Halo aesthetic.

I want a Halo FPS that focuses on practical and contextual uses for vehicles, armors, and weapons.

Like armor with different speeds and weights, being able to spawn out of a mastadon with squad compositions and stuff that in universe but not in game.

> 2533274895787994;15:
> > 2533274913115363;11:
> > On a side-note, the Mastodon is something I’d like to see show up in the FPS games (hell, along with most vehicles from this game tbh). It’s such a sensible idea and it really fits into the Halo aesthetic.
>
> I want a Halo FPS that focuses on practical and contextual uses for vehicles, armors, and weapons.
>
> Like armor with different speeds and weights, being able to spawn out of a mastadon with squad compositions and stuff that in universe but not in game.

That’s something I would love to see them explore in another spinoff: There’s been talk in the Halo Subreddit of how an open-world game might work. There’s been nothing whatsoever said by 343 that suggests this, but that’s a hypothetical context that could be the perfect
I hesitate to say I want to see this stuff in Halo 6 though; they should focus on getting the essential formula right before branching out. THIS is the sort of stuff that I would love to see as the innovations for the future mailnline games AFTER Halo 6, though. It’s a way to bring in practical thinking to bring the lore further to life in-game, instead of changing the lore as their innovation. I hope I made sense just then XD

> 2533274968042384;14:
> > 2533274913115363;11:
> >
>
> I honestly have always wondered why Warzone was not a separate side game were they brought in everything from all the games. Think battlefield but constantly updated.
>
> any main game you own will allow you to unlock the new stuff in Halo: Warzone and old stuff as well.
>
> let’s say they released it this year if you own Halo 1,3,4,5 you will be able to unlock all vehicles and weapons from those games. Then Halo 6 comes out and you buy that. Now you can unlock that stuff as well. But then your like I’m missing the heretic banshee so then you buy Halo 2 and you can unlock it.
>
> insentive to buy the new games and gives them a pretty large mmo type game.

That sounds like an awesome idea!
I understand why Warzone was just a mode in Halo 5: It was Guardians’ AI-focused-gimmick-testing-ground-mode. ODST and Reach had their own iterations of Firefighht, Halo 4 replaced that with Spartan Ops (which I, personally, really enjoyed), and Guardians had all its variants of Warzone. |

The idea of something big and open where yo unlock items based on what Halo games you have played is AMAZING, though! Maybe they’d have to sneak in a fix for MCC if something like this did eventually come about.
That said, I don’t expect to see something like this, especially not soon. :c

> 2533274818703493;12:
> Since the phantom is pretty much a flying Sgt Johnson bunker, i wonder if hunters (since they are in the air after all) could be loaded in to target air units, if so i sense banished air forces will never be defeated with flying beam hunters literally melting AA and vultures alike.

And then you add Banshees to that mix.

> 2533274942408157;17:
> > 2533274818703493;12:
> > Since the phantom is pretty much a flying Sgt Johnson bunker, i wonder if hunters (since they are in the air after all) could be loaded in to target air units, if so i sense banished air forces will never be defeated with flying beam hunters literally melting AA and vultures alike.
>
> And then you add Banshees to that mix

A weapon to surpass metal gear

> 2533274818703493;18:
> > 2533274942408157;17:
> > > 2533274818703493;12:
> > > Since the phantom is pretty much a flying Sgt Johnson bunker, i wonder if hunters (since they are in the air after all) could be loaded in to target air units, if so i sense banished air forces will never be defeated with flying beam hunters literally melting AA and vultures alike.
> >
> > And then you add Banshees to that mix
>
> A weapon to surpass metal gear

2v2. One player goes Banshees, one goes Hunters + Phantoms. Good luck taking that on in a stand-up fight. Only gets better with Colony’s Shrouds.

> 2533274913115363;16:
> > 2533274895787994;15:
> > > 2533274913115363;11:
> > > On a side-note, the Mastodon is something I’d like to see show up in the FPS games (hell, along with most vehicles from this game tbh). It’s such a sensible idea and it really fits into the Halo aesthetic.
> >
> > I want a Halo FPS that focuses on practical and contextual uses for vehicles, armors, and weapons.
> >
> > Like armor with different speeds and weights, being able to spawn out of a mastadon with squad compositions and stuff that in universe but not in game.
>
> That’s something I would love to see them explore in another spinoff: There’s been talk in the Halo Subreddit of how an open-world game might work. There’s been nothing whatsoever said by 343 that suggests this, but that’s a hypothetical context that could be the perfect
> I hesitate to say I want to see this stuff in Halo 6 though; they should focus on getting the essential formula right before branching out. THIS is the sort of stuff that I would love to see as the innovations for the future mailnline games AFTER Halo 6, though. It’s a way to bring in practical thinking to bring the lore further to life in-game, instead of changing the lore as their innovation. I hope I made sense just then XD
>
>
> > 2533274968042384;14:
> > > 2533274913115363;11:
> > >
> >
> > I honestly have always wondered why Warzone was not a separate side game were they brought in everything from all the games. Think battlefield but constantly updated.
> >
> > any main game you own will allow you to unlock the new stuff in Halo: Warzone and old stuff as well.
> >
> > let’s say they released it this year if you own Halo 1,3,4,5 you will be able to unlock all vehicles and weapons from those games. Then Halo 6 comes out and you buy that. Now you can unlock that stuff as well. But then your like I’m missing the heretic banshee so then you buy Halo 2 and you can unlock it.
> >
> > insentive to buy the new games and gives them a pretty large mmo type game.
>
> That sounds like an awesome idea!
> I understand why Warzone was just a mode in Halo 5: It was Guardians’ AI-focused-gimmick-testing-ground-mode. ODST and Reach had their own iterations of Firefighht, Halo 4 replaced that with Spartan Ops (which I, personally, really enjoyed), and Guardians had all its variants of Warzone. |
>
> The idea of something big and open where yo unlock items based on what Halo games you have played is AMAZING, though! Maybe they’d have to sneak in a fix for MCC if something like this did eventually come about.
> That said, I don’t expect to see something like this, especially not soon. :c

A massive multiplayer first game would really help halo because it would keep updating. Maybe a spartan ops mode can go along with it. The game have a huge simulated warzone for pve/pvp. In this new warzone squads could have ros on the battlefield like defence or offense and there different armors and loadouts would reflect that.

Halo 5 is already great with its weapon/vehicle varations, in the future it would be great to have armor and enemies that had specific variable roles.

Have hardcore arena with 5’s mechanics.
I don’t want to sound like a fanboy wish maker, but halo would be some much fun in a Battlefield, Planetside 2, SWBF hybrid. The wealth of vehicles, weapons and abilites from all across the Haloverse would keep the game fresh and exciting instead of waiting several years for small cool changes.