Phaeton

I just opened up a random ultra rare vehicle and got a phaeton. And I wrecked the enemy team with it (15-18 kills?) so my question is, why does everybody say that the phaeton sucks? The only reason I died was because somebody EMP’d me with a PP and I accediently teleported the wrong direction. Mabye people over estimate the phaetons power and run right into a guy with splaser? When I was playing I just harrassed an armoury but I kept my distance until someone showed there face. And teleported even if I was just getting hit by BR fire. But everybody on the fourms says the phaeton sucks.

I agree. People who say it sucks just don’t know how to use it

Tbh they should just make it ultra rare, legendary is a bit TOO rare, considering the REQ pack lost glitches…

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/forums/6e35355aecdf4fd0acdaee3cc4156fd4/topics/lost-packs/2945c054-b093-4ef1-a5e0-37d2b17f97a5/posts

I reckon people think that way because the moment you hit the skies you get a huge bullseye painted on you.

I have only ever flown stolen near death ones.

It’s a bit too rare and only 2 lock on rockets are needed to either down it or put it into critical health

> 2533274911198538;5:
> I reckon people think that way because the moment you hit the skies you get a huge bullseye painted on you.
>
> I have only ever flown stolen near death ones.

Yup. Pretty much.

Hover over/near cover.
as soon as you get shot, dash to cover
protect your belly by flying over buildings,rocks etc. this will help blocking locked on rockets as well.

You can wreck with it if you realize how to use it. But they are kinda weak in the armor department and are relatively easy to shoot down. The problem is they made them so rare to get and the req level so high to actually use it not very many have had a good chance to use them.

Thanks to everybody for posting! I’m glad I saw no arguments against me without any evidence to back them up!

Just hit rank 101. Still haven’t unlocked the Phaeton. I’m in the camp of “no idea how it works…” due to never using one ever…

> 2614366390845858;11:
> Just hit rank 101. Still haven’t unlocked the Phaeton. I’m in the camp of “no idea how it works…” due to never using one ever…

you will in due time, spend some time in custom games, there are a few where pheatons are a comon thing. you’ll learn to use them.

The weak spot on the belly could use a little bit of tuning, otherwise it’s a amazing vehicle with ferocious firepower!

If I’ve learned one thing. Use all your best REQs for defensive purposes.

> 2533274987955547;1:
> I just opened up a random ultra rare vehicle and got a phaeton. And I wrecked the enemy team with it (15-18 kills?) so my question is, why does everybody say that the phaeton sucks? The only reason I died was because somebody EMP’d me with a PP and I accediently teleported the wrong direction. Mabye people over estimate the phaetons power and run right into a guy with splaser? When I was playing I just harrassed an armoury but I kept my distance until someone showed there face. And teleported even if I was just getting hit by BR fire. But everybody on the fourms says the phaeton sucks.

It can be powerful, but if you play a stacked team you wouldn’t last 30 seconds in a Phaeton. The second the fireteams I play in see a Phaeton someone is already bringing out a power weapon to take you down, or a plasma pistol to steal it from you. It’s when your playing randoms or low reqers that you can go on these huge sprees in a Phaeton. Any fireteam with even a tiny bit of organization will eat that thing up in a matter of seconds.