Phaeton tips and tricks?

Just unlocked the Phaeton. Used it, and got what seemed to be a full clip of a dmr and i was downed.

this commendation isnt gonna be easy,
any tips for a Phaeton noob like myself on best ways to get some kills?

it felt like both guns did barely anything, no splash damage either… :confused:

The phaeton his to fly low, and in warzone turbo, either way, your going to get torn apart. He phaeton is not offensive, it’s defensive. (Thing like the mantis) it’s also really good for trapping enemy players in their base.

> 2533274988394857;2:
> The phaeton his to fly low, and in warzone turbo, either way, your going to get torn apart. He phaeton is not offensive, it’s defensive. (Thing like the mantis) it’s also really good for trapping enemy players in their base.

Cheers for advice, so maybe saving the phaeton reqs for when im playing in a full organised fireteam pushing the core room.

its a shame, to unlock such a rare req finally, and find that it is pretty crap haha

doesnt make sense how its a req level 8… i would much rather spawn other stuff at that level than this.

I think I’ve only ever gotten one from a random vehicle req. Had no idea how to fly it, or what the controls were. Still have no idea. I’ve been meaning to go into forge to mess around in one, but haven’t had the time.

> 2533274807773315;4:
> I think I’ve only ever gotten one from a random vehicle req. Had no idea how to fly it, or what the controls were. Still have no idea. I’ve been meaning to go into forge to mess around in one, but haven’t had the time.

Mike pls. You’re killin’ me.

> 2533274807773315;4:
> I think I’ve only ever gotten one from a random vehicle req. Had no idea how to fly it, or what the controls were. Still have no idea. I’ve been meaning to go into forge to mess around in one, but haven’t had the time.

git gud

In all seriousness, though, I haven’t gotten the hang of it either. I might just end up preferring the Ultra Banshee when the REQ system chooses to love me enough to issue me one. Or the UNSC Air Vehicle that eventually drops.

It seems like the evasion tactic on the Phaeton isn’t very useful, but it can be used to trick people targeting the pilot. I’ve seen plenty of people get reqt with it though that do know how to use it.

A list of crappy things in Halo 5:

• Spartan laser - Mantis - PhaetonSo tips for the phaeton, it has REALLY bad amour and yeah I agree that I felt that both weapons feel like they don’t even do anything.
    I suggest being a hit and run target. Find cover always, go out, shoot a little and go back in cover, you don’t want to be the front line or even assisting the front line (second line?)
  1. If you see a Banshee, run.
  2. Use missles at a distance in key areas like openings to armories etc.
  3. Fly lower than you think is normal to find cover. Phaetons have the ability to simply raise or lower and hardly anyone uses that. You have a huge weak underbelly, don’t show it off.
  4. Focus on attacking armories not major central bases if you want to live longer.
  5. If all they have is the central base, hang back and defend an armory. Or go boss hunting.
  6. The turret is better than you think.
  7. 2 Phaetons together at the same time is beastly, and even makes taking out banshees a thing. If you have a friend with one, spawn them together and provide cover, it’s a lot of fun.

Also, if you see an ally tank, stick to it like you’re a watcher. Goat combo.

Also, if you see an ally tank, stick to it like you’re a watcher. Goat combo.

Okay, to the people above first: Why in the world would you ever decide to use a Legendary REQ than you can spawn in Forge without testing it first?

To OP: Like every vehicle in Halo 5, the Phaeton is fragile. You need to play defensively if you want to stay alive. The good thing about it is that it’s easy to dodge most things with it if you’re fast enough, and it can hover, making it ideal for staking out strategic locations. I’d definitely recommend using it with a lot of teammates the first time around.

Use them on storm break and apex 7 where you can use some cover to protect your self. On storm break I stay above the center garage and apex 7 you have the cliffs and those columns near the spire. It’s great for clearing out the spire as you can fire off some shots then hid behind the columns.

iv used two phateons in Halo 5. The first I got a running riot and would have kept going but the match ended. The second I got killed in about 5 seconds cause someone spawned another phaeton and he got on top of me.

Just depends who youre playing

SG

I only used it once during March on Storm Break where the enemy had capture the West Armory and Fortress. Knowing it was pretty fragile, I decided to camp over the fortress and I probably took out a dozen spartans before I tried taking on a tank at the west armory. Dodged the first shot with the teleportation but got nailed by the second.

Find a safe place to camp with the phaeton and don’t take on any heavy vehicles unless you’re skilled in air-ground or air-air combat

The pheaton weakest spot is underneath it :wink:
When you shoot the pheaton somehwere else it just shows you hitmarks, hit it underneath where it glows then you get red hitmarks those do allot of damage, so what you have to do is fly very low

Just like the the wraith it has an litle weak spot on the back

The ghost on its sides

Thanks everyone for the interesting replies!

> 2533274813427943;3:
> > 2533274988394857;2:
> > The phaeton his to fly low, and in warzone turbo, either way, your going to get torn apart. He phaeton is not offensive, it’s defensive. (Thing like the mantis) it’s also really good for trapping enemy players in their base.
>
>
> Cheers for advice, so maybe saving the phaeton reqs for when im playing in a full organised fireteam pushing the core room.
>
> its a shame, to unlock such a rare req finally, and find that it is pretty crap haha
>
> doesnt make sense how its a req level 8… i would much rather spawn other stuff at that level than this.

Thats the best strategy. I’m lvl 143 and I have yet to complete the commendation. I never seem to get phaetons anymore. And when I get them I just get killed so quickly.

I’ve only ever had one Phaeton from a ultra rare random card but using it I managed to get at least a running riot/rampage (Can’t remember which) and could have got higher had my situational awareness been better.

I find the best time to use them is when the enemy team is pushed back to a single base preferably the one furthest from their home base as this will minimize the directions they can attack you from. Just hover above the base and shoot them as they attempt to push the other bases/bosses.

The biggest threat I found was from Rockets and Banshee’s.