Petition to end petitions

Dude. Those guys are too busy working on stuff to see your petitions. Petitions don’t do anything. It only gives a one sided point of view for people to sign up for. This is not Facebook.

This forum is slowly spiraling out of control with petitions. “I want no AA.” “I want Master Chief to be this” “I want to change things of no relevancy”

You guys know that playlists can be made, that TAKE OUT AA?

And I bet there’s a voting system that does that.

DO YOU EVEN KNOW WHAT THEY’RE DOING NOW IN DEVELOPMENT?

No.

For all we know, they probably are doing something that none of us are expecting.

Don’t make petitions unless some outrageous announcements have been made straight from 343 or Microsoft.

And even if you DO make petitions, they aren’t going to mean anything.

Do something productive, wait for the game to come out, and in protest, don’t play the playlists that alledgedly cause you so much misery.

All these petition posts are just filling up the forums with non-sense, and jibber-jabber.

-blam!-ing -blam!-

You’re not helping, but yeah, the petitioning needs to stop, this isn’t B.Net, and I’ll work hard to make sure it doesn’t become B.net.

> You’re not helping, but yeah, the petitioning needs to stop, this isn’t B.Net, and I’ll work hard to make sure it doesn’t become B.net.

I disagree.

Petitions are one of the things which differentiate between Bungie forums and Waypoint forums. Petitions are a way of voicing support for an initiative. Yeah, sure, 343i workers might not ever lay their eyes on those threads, but who cares? It’s the effort that counts.

Yeah im gonna guard this place with my life but, yeah lets just not petition at all this hasnt ever started until just like today.

> > You’re not helping, but yeah, the petitioning needs to stop, this isn’t B.Net, and I’ll work hard to make sure it doesn’t become B.net.
>
> I disagree.
>
> Petitions are one of the things which differentiate between Bungie forums and Waypoint forums. Petitions are a way of voicing support for an initiative. Yeah, sure, 343i workers might not ever lay their eyes on those threads, but who cares? It’s the effort that counts.

How can we petition if we don’t know ANYTHING about the game yet? Or barely? I just think we’re jumping to conclusions.

agreed I mean u cant judge the game and they even stated in the E3 that they were going to make changes don’t jump the gun yet.

> > > You’re not helping, but yeah, the petitioning needs to stop, this isn’t B.Net, and I’ll work hard to make sure it doesn’t become B.net.
> >
> > I disagree.
> >
> > Petitions are one of the things which differentiate between Bungie forums and Waypoint forums. Petitions are a way of voicing support for an initiative. Yeah, sure, 343i workers might not ever lay their eyes on those threads, but who cares? It’s the effort that counts.
>
> How can we petition if we don’t know ANYTHING about the game yet? Or barely? I just think we’re jumping to conclusions.

Maybe because many competitive players were extremely dissatisfied with the core mechanic modifications that Bungie made for Reach’s Multiplayer Matchmaking, and a group of dedicated individuals hope that 343i won’t make the same mistakes?

yeah well we don’t know what we will change we wil just need to wait it out and be greatful that there is still a halo

agreed and i sign ur petetion to end petetions

> agreed and i sign ur petetion to end petetions

The irony. It burnsssssssssssssss…

“petitions” on forums are just plain silly… if you want something changed or implemented then either make a new thread or recommend it in the halo feedback sticky.

If 343 has any sense they will be like Achronos and Bungie.

> **Posted by:**Achronos
> Bungie.net forum posters are not a statistically relevant sample of people playing Halo: Reach.
>
> Forums are useful as starting data points, but have the effect of magnifying the most vocal of users, rather than showing any real consensus. As such, you have to be really careful that anything you “learn” from the forums is backed up with hard data. For example, we find that looking at what people are actually playing is much more useful than just doing whatever the loudest people on the forums tell us “everyone” wants.
>
> Polls on bungie.net should be considered “for entertainment purposes only”. If you’re using them for any real kind of data collection, you’re insane - especially if you know anything about statistics.

That message by Achronos is mostly correct. However sometimes things aren’t necessarily that big of a deal to most people but still bothersome to them, and if there isn’t another option for them they will live with it until something better comes along. Then once they do, they might jump ship overnight and data regarding current usage is pointless cause you just lost most of your customer base. In this case listening to the vocal people would have been a good warning something was not right. Sometimes you can’t put things into a statline, even though its most helpful when dealing with large amounts of people. Not to mention, you might not even know why if they just up and leave because all that data tells you is that they’re gone, they don’t like what you have to offer, but you don’t know why.

Fortunately for them most people are a bunch of forgetful morons and will gladly come back to companies that didn’t give a damn until you left, and still don’t care.

the problem is that we on the forum are only one part of the percentage wheel. There is still tons of people that don’t participate in forums that still play Halo

Signed

Because if we don’t petition now, and wait till we know whats in the game, you’ll next be saying “Don’t bother, its too late in the development cycle to change now anyways.”

> Because if we don’t petition now, and wait till we know whats in the game, you’ll next be saying “Don’t bother, its too late in the development cycle to change now anyways.”

The game comes out in November…

signed.

I think petitions are a little over the top. Just make your opinions known in a relevant thread in an appropriate manner and hope that 343 will read them. Halo 4 features aren’t earth-shattering things that need the heartfelt signatures of the masses. I think regular threads get the feedback to 343 perfectly OK.

Don’t post replies in junk threads where people post rants instead of a calm discussion. Also don’t have a negative attitude towards people’s opinions, even if they may be posted in a manner you find annoying. It doesn’t really make the forum more positive.

Just my two cents.