Personalized stances

I say that halo infinite should have customizable stances, adding a whole new way of being you in halo! In my other forum, I suggested reach style customization and the ability to place your emblem anywhere on the armor. Of course, if the custom stance is inappropriate, it can be reported. But this is an excellent opportunity to allow people to express themselves more.

I love this idea, but I’m not too sure how they would implement this, could you explain this idea in greater detail?

Yeah I’m not sure how this could be implemented. I think the way stances work now are fine.

I can see how this could be done, however I feel like there’s no point in changing the current system.

> 2535429189279616;1:
> I say that halo infinite should have customizable stances, adding a whole new way of being you in halo! In my other forum, I suggested reach style customization and the ability to place your emblem anywhere on the armor. Of course, if the custom stance is inappropriate, it can be reported. But this is an excellent opportunity to allow people to express themselves more.

Sounds interesting would be cool to see it.

Ah. This sounds like an interesting idea. There should definitely be a new engine to make sure it’s running smooth, other than that it sounds good.
-Flash

> 2535407994360276;6:
> Ah. This sounds like an interesting idea. There should definitely be a new engine to make sure it’s running smooth, other than that it sounds good.
> -Flash

I’m still trying to get my head around how this would work, do you think presets to mix and match with each body part would work?

> 2535459905488887;7:
> > 2535407994360276;6:
> > Ah. This sounds like an interesting idea. There should definitely be a new engine to make sure it’s running smooth, other than that it sounds good.
> > -Flash
>
> I’m still trying to get my head around how this would work, do you think presets to mix and match with each body part would work?

That would work.

it’s interesting, we know that a good level of personalization is important

It sounds like a good idea. You could be given some preset stances, with or without weapons, along with a button to enter an open posing mode. Things like GMod have allowed for virtually unlimited posing ability for years, so I don’t see any big obstacles to overcome.
It would be awesome if I could pose my spartan like a JoJo character.

<mark>This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not create alternate accounts to bypass forum bans. Alternate accounts will be permanently banned, and offending users will be subject to both temporary and permanent bans.</mark>
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

The stances in Halo 5 were kinda cool, but since the UI was so unreliable it was “meh” at most. Also, the fact that you can’t even browse players before the match just reduces the time you’re actually going to see them by half.

I mean, just look at how Halo Reach did it. You’d click your stick to the right and then you can just scroll down and see everyone’s different sets of armor. In Halo 5 you literally just see 8 emblems lined up in random order. Lame. One could argue that showing the custom spartan and his/her stance before the game would identify players, therefore open up the possibility of dodging. But… doesn’t the emblem already identify the player enough?

The stance system in Halo 5 had good intentions, but it was just poorly executed and the inconsistent UI just made it moot. Here is a GOOD way to implement the stance system:

Every stance has a different tier or rarity, just like Halo 5. BUT this time, you actually have to earn the stances. Different types of skill challenges unlock different types of stances. Examples:

Get 100, 1000, and 10,000 sniper head shots = unlocks the different levels of sniper poses for your spartan or elite.
Get 100, 1000, and 10,000 melee kills = unlocks different fighting poses
Get 100, 1000, and 10,000 assists = possible poses of some kind of first aid or something like that.

The point is, a system like this would let players show off what kind of player they are in their player profile. With Halo 5, a certain stance only means you randomly got it in a pack, but if you unlock a stance by doing a particular skill you’re good at, then it’s way more meaningful to your player profile.