Personality VS. Competitive Play.

Okay… I’ve been increasingly vocal on the threads lately… dunno why but here’s another topic I wanna touch down in. Our Spartans.

I see a lot of people talking about how they are going to play, what weapons they are going to take and a lot of people seem to reason that they will use things like the LR or BR or DMR because they think that it will just be the best… that the skilled players use it because they can kill the best and get the best score with it… Is anyone out there basing the build of their spartan on personality instead? (which is funny because I can already see people talking about it… “Oh well that guys spartan has a lot of… personality… I mean ugly…”) What I mean though is does anyone else have maybe a little fluff for their spartan? I’m a guy who in Halo 3 wore the EVA helmet because I loved my driving… Yeah “easier” head shots aside I went with it anyways because I drove. I’m continuing with it… “Competitive” will be taking a backseat to it and if I lose… meh, I’ll get better with worse at least.

As it stands I am not sure if I’ll be taking any AA’s… i was hoping for Evade… my Spartan dislikes the assistance of extra equipment (which is why i was hoping for Evade… not thruster packs)… Though I have considered a few of them and gave them a fluff reason… I guess my nerd is showing since I am trying to take my spartana step further but I hope I’m not alone… in fact I’m pretty sure I’m not.

I’d like to hear about other peoples spartans… maybe reasons for why they are taking what they want to for their Spartan maybe beyond something like play style or the stigma that one weapon is “better” then the others… So go on, tell me about your spartan, where personality trumps competitiveness…

I’d also like to note that this thread isn’t meant to hate on competitive players, you guys are surely awesome.

Um, what? I don’t quite catch what this thread is all about. Are you saying - does your choices in game match your playing style/personality?

> Um, what? I don’t quite catch what this thread is all about. Are you saying - does your choices in game match your playing style/personality?

He’s basically asking if you “roleplay” your Spartan. For example, if you wanted to “roleplay” as John, you would equip the MK. VI helmet and use the Assault Rifle.

I do it in Campaign, but I try to be impartial during actual Multiplayer games.

> Um, what? I don’t quite catch what this thread is all about. Are you saying - does your choices in game match your playing style/personality?

No I’m passed that… ultimately everyone will play they way they feel suits them best… but what I wanna know is how you build your spartan… Is there a personality to them? A character? or is it just because you feel you’ll just play best with a certain build…