Personalities in Halo 5 Matchmaking

I just want to give a little feedback for Halo 5. I watched a 1 hour long beta youtubevideo from “Ready Up Live” and I really liked what I saw. But I see a lot of people don’t like how the Spartans talk and behave. Some people think they are a bit to much “dudebro”, and not as serious as they would like them to be. You can change armor, emblem, color and -Yoink!- in the game. Could it be an idea to add “personalities” into the game as a customization option? That way the player can make a Spartan that fits for him/her. If someone wants to be the serious/goofy/badass/laidback/joker type, your spartan will say things that fits to the personality. I know this is maybe a bit much to ask for, and should not be a big thing, but everything counts. And I think making your own Spartan is always been a important aspect of the games. I think it would been a very cool feature :slight_smile:

Edit: Just to give a more clear image of what I am thinking. When you save someone in matchmaking the other player respons “Thanks for the help”, if he could choose a diffrent personality in the customization menu, he could reponse somthing like “I had everything under control”(grumpy personality) or, “Thank you brother”(teamplayer personality). Just an example :wink:

Its probably just a change of style…

Lore wise it makes sense. The II’s and III’s were all kinda raised pure military so were very no nonsense. The IV’s come from at least a partial “civilian” life style, so their probably a little looser, and were not used to that. Also elite units tend to be very laid back. I’m not a fan of them being unprofessional, but it makes sense.

> 2533274925892496;2:
> Its probably just a change of style…
>
> Lore wise it makes sense. The II’s and III’s were all kinda raised pure military so were very no nonsense. The IIII’s come from at least a partial “civilian” life style, so their probably a little looser, and were not used to that. Also elite units tend to be very laid back. I’m not a fan of them being unprofessional, but it makes sense.

How are the S-III’s anymore ‘civilian’? They are enter the program around the same ages, with the exception of I think carter.

> 2533274925892496;2:
> Its probably just a change of style…
>
> Lore wise it makes sense. The II’s and III’s were all kinda raised pure military so were very no nonsense. The IIII’s come from at least a partial “civilian” life style, so their probably a little looser, and were not used to that. Also elite units tend to be very laid back. I’m not a fan of them being unprofessional, but it makes sense.

Yes I know they are “normal” soldiers I understand that they talk more, never said I had a problem with that. I just see some players have issues with how they interact with each other, so why not make the player choose what kind of Spartan he/she wants to be :slight_smile:

> 2533274964189700;3:
> > 2533274925892496;2:
> > Its probably just a change of style…
> >
> > Lore wise it makes sense. The II’s and III’s were all kinda raised pure military so were very no nonsense. The IIII’s come from at least a partial “civilian” life style, so their probably a little looser, and were not used to that. Also elite units tend to be very laid back. I’m not a fan of them being unprofessional, but it makes sense.
>
>
> How are the S-III’s anymore ‘civilian’? They are enter the program around the same ages, with the exception of I think carter.

The way you said “enter” makes it seem like the IIIs voluntarily chose this. Like the IIs, the IIIs were taken as children as well. Only difference was IIIs were war orphans due to the Covenant. Ackerson took them and had Kurt(An SII) train them while also administering a lessened version of Halsey’s augmentation into them. Thus making the IIIs more expendable than IIs. Dragoth was talking about the IVs(He put IIII instead of IV) so they were normal people, joined the military, then enlisted for the Spartan-IV Program.

> 2533274964189700;3:
> > 2533274925892496;2:
> > Its probably just a change of style…
> >
> > Lore wise it makes sense. The II’s and III’s were all kinda raised pure military so were very no nonsense. The IIII’s come from at least a partial “civilian” life style, so their probably a little looser, and were not used to that. Also elite units tend to be very laid back. I’m not a fan of them being unprofessional, but it makes sense.
>
>
>
>
> How are the S-III’s anymore ‘civilian’? They are enter the program around the same ages, with the exception of I think carter.

The S-III’s aren’t… there just like the II’s. Both groups came in as very young children, children being either rebellious or moldable (III’s, volunteered, and the 2’s were kinda a blank slate. The IV’s at least had their 18 years in civilian and years in then regular military where things are probably a little looser.

> 2533274807529575;5:
> > 2533274964189700;3:
> > > 2533274925892496;2:
> > > Its probably just a change of style…
> > >
> > > Lore wise it makes sense. The II’s and III’s were all kinda raised pure military so were very no nonsense. The IIII’s come from at least a partial “civilian” life style, so their probably a little looser, and were not used to that. Also elite units tend to be very laid back. I’m not a fan of them being unprofessional, but it makes sense.
> >
> >
> >
> > How are the S-III’s anymore ‘civilian’? They are enter the program around the same ages, with the exception of I think carter.
>
>
> The way you said “enter” makes it seem like the IIIs voluntarily chose this. Like the IIs, the IIIs were taken as children as well. Only difference was IIIs were war orphans due to the Covenant. Ackerson took them and had Kurt(An SII) train them while also administering a lessened version of Halsey’s augmentation into them. Thus making the IIIs more expendable than IIs. Dragoth was talking about the IVs(He put IIII instead of IV) so they were normal people, joined the military, then enlisted for the Spartan-IV Program.

Woops… fixed… wow… that was actually embarrassing…

> yes I know they are “normal” soldiers I understand that they talk more, never said I had a problem with that. I just see some players have issues with how they interact with each other, so why not make the player choose what kind of Spartan he/she wants to be :slight_smile:

May I ask what you mean by choose? We really can’t choose how the Spartans interact… especially with already established personality’s. it was kinda possible in halo 1-3 with Chief, but 4 kinda took that out the window.

> May I ask what you mean by choose? We really can’t choose how the Spartans interact… especially with already established personality’s. it was kinda possible in halo 1-3 with Chief, but 4 kinda took that out the window.

You can change armor, emblem, color and -Yoink!-. So it would been a cool feature if you could change the personality as well. So if you don’t want him to repsond (back to my example from the first post) somthing else than “Thanks for the help” when someone saves you from death. You choose a “grumpy” parsonality and he would respond somthing like “I had everything under control”. Would been a cool way to customize your Spartan.
And please guys, stay on topic. If you want to discuss lore, make your own thread :slight_smile: