Personal Ordnance idea....

I have an idea on how to make infinity slayer more interesting, of course this won’t be in regular (classic) slayer and only in infinity slayer. So when you get your first kill, an ordinance option comes up. You can either pick a speed boost, and two not so powerful weapons (we’re talking needlers or carbine here). You can either get the ordinance right then or go on two extra kills to get the chance to get something better like a saw and damage boost. After that it’s three kills and you can get a sticky det or sniper. If you don’t call it then, it’s four extra kills until the next option which can be a choice of fuel rod or overshield. Get what i’m saying here. But there’s a twist. If you die, you’re spree progress get’s reset. So basically you can get a simpler weapon earlier on, or take a risk trying to get a better weapon like a fuel rod or sniper, trying to get 8-10 kills in a row without dying.

Ehh, the whole concept of Personal Ordnance needs a major rework. Halo shouldn’t have killstreaks, period. You should be learning the maps and pushing for Global Ordnance when they spawn.

All you’re doing when offering power weapons for getting X amount of kills is for people to sit back and never rush in to safely get their weapons.

Personal ordnance lets the rich get richer. That’s not what we need.

What if you started out with just standard weapons (ie AR and pistol) and your personal ordnance gave you your loadout?

> What if you started out with just standard weapons (ie AR and pistol) and your personal ordnance gave you your loadout?

Well I think that would be interesting to try out. I like your idea.

Personally I think if the personal ordnance system stays, it should be kind of like it was in the Global Championship. It would only offer you grenades and ammo for your loadout weapons. No power ups or power weapons, they should be placed on map.
And for the people that prefer the current ordnance system, there could be a gametype like ‘Infinity Heavies’, that includes ordnances with power weapons/power ups like it currently is.

Yes!! Infinity slayer and then Infinity Heavies.

Needler! Not powerful! What are you puffing mate!

> I have an idea on how to make infinity slayer more interesting, of course this won’t be in regular (classic) slayer and only in infinity slayer. So when you get your first kill, an ordinance option comes up. You can either pick a speed boost, and two not so powerful weapons (we’re talking needlers or carbine here). You can either get the ordinance right then or go on two extra kills to get the chance to get something better like a saw and damage boost. After that it’s three kills and you can get a sticky det or sniper. If you don’t call it then, it’s four extra kills until the next option which can be a choice of fuel rod or overshield. Get what i’m saying here. But there’s a twist. If you die, you’re spree progress get’s reset. So basically you can get a simpler weapon earlier on, or take a risk trying to get a better weapon like a fuel rod or sniper, trying to get 8-10 kills in a row without dying.

So, basically, you’re wanting to turn a feature that works similar to Call of Duty’s killstreak rewards and make it work exactly like Call of Duty’s killstreak rewards?

Has innovation completely left Halo?

What if: there was no ordnance?

IF they keep ordnance it needs to be for ammo or grenades and if you get a KILLING FRENZY then they can drop and OS,CAMO(assuming they destroy the AA), or speed boost. Thats how I think ordnance should work that way you actually earn something instead of just grabbing assist points for a Rocket Launcher.

> Ehh, the whole concept of Personal Ordnance needs a major rework. Halo shouldn’t have killstreaks, period. You should be learning the maps and pushing for Global Ordnance when they spawn.
>
> All you’re doing when offering power weapons for getting X amount of kills is for people to sit back and never rush in to safely get their weapons.
>
> Personal ordnance lets the rich get richer. That’s not what we need.

Said Perfectly.

> Ehh, the whole concept of Personal Ordnance needs a major rework. Halo shouldn’t have killstreaks, period. You should be learning the maps and pushing for Global Ordnance when they spawn.
>
> All you’re doing when offering power weapons for getting X amount of kills is for people to sit back and never rush in to safely get their weapons.
>
> Personal ordnance lets the rich get richer. That’s not what we need.

We need to Flatten out power weapons for everybody. When equal opportunity is Flattened out globally the Global Ordnance serves the competent players because they earned them through teamwork, skill, and communication.