Personal Ordinance - Thoughts?

I’ve read many people complain about personal ordinance. I don’t like it myself either, however! the I do actually like the concept. The idea of being rewarded for playing well is good and the way the ordinance crashes out of the sky is some great animation, it really is a cool visual to watch.

But here’s my problem. Almost every ordinance has ridiculous power weapons; incinerator cannon, binary rifle, rocket launcher, sniper etc. No one should be able to call in a weapon like this (especially the rocket based) directly at their feet without having to even fight for them, consider map control or know how to find them.

I would however support it if personal ordinance drops only gave these three options:

- A random resupply of (2) grenades - Plasma, Frags & Pulse

- A power up - Speed boost, Damage Boost and/or Overshield
(preferably Speed Boost appear the most followed by Overshield then Damage)

And finally
- Instead of power weapons the weapon choice would be a resupply of your Primary selected weapon in your loadout. ex. If you are using Battle Rifle as your main weapon, it would call in another Battle Rifle.

For obvious reason grenades are a good choice, you cannot pick up grenades from defeated players (unless spec’d) so a resupply is pretty necessary. Power ups I believe are a fair benefit to players doing well. Nothing to completely change the battle but just something to give them a slight edge.

But the reason for the Primary Weapon resupplies only. For one, the removal of instantly obtained power weapons makes the balance much fairer. I have gotten an incinerator cannon and by the time it’s finished I have another ordinance with another cannon. That is unbalanced. And second, I use the battle rifle, many others use the DMR. In fact, I have played games were I completely run out of Battle Rifle ammo since no one else in game uses it and I’m left with an empty primary gun that I cannot do anything about. I can only imagine how bad this must be for Light Rifle & Carbine users. Basically, the primary weapon resupply would help balance & give players who don’t like to use the DMR at least a chance to restock their ammo.

This is my thoughts on how they should be, anyone else got other ideas - and I doubt 343 would ever consider removal all together which is why I didn’t mention it.

We don’t need Personal ordnance, just remove it and don’t bother with fixing it.

I like the idea of the weapons on the map being dropped from orbit, but having the Infinity drop something for every player is kinda pushing it.

> We don’t need Personal ordnance, just remove it and don’t bother with fixing it.
>
> I like the idea of the weapons on the map being dropped from orbit, but having the Infinity drop something for every player is kinda pushing it.

I would rather non at all for the majority of the playlist. But I’m guessing 343 would never remove it. They seem to not care what the community is asking and just go about whatever they think is best. Look at the customs games :confused:

How is Ordnance Mastery supposed to be done without the power weapons?

> I’ve read many people complain about personal ordinance. I don’t like it myself either, however! the I do actually like the concept. The idea of being rewarded for playing well is good and the way the ordinance crashes out of the sky is some great animation, it really is a cool visual to watch.
>
> But here’s my problem. Almost every ordinance has ridiculous power weapons; incinerator cannon, binary rifle, rocket launcher, sniper etc. No one should be able to call in a weapon like this (especially the rocket based) directly at their feet without having to even fight for them, consider map control or know how to find them.
>
> I would however support it if personal ordinance drops only gave these three options:
>
> - A random resupply of (2) grenades - Plasma, Frags & Pulse
>
> - A power up - Speed boost, Damage Boost and/or Overshield
> (preferably Speed Boost appear the most followed by Overshield then Damage)
>
> And finally
> - Instead of power weapons the weapon choice would be a resupply of your Primary selected weapon in your loadout. ex. If you are using Battle Rifle as your main weapon, it would call in another Battle Rifle.
>
> For obvious reason grenades are a good choice, you cannot pick up grenades from defeated players (unless spec’d) so a resupply is pretty necessary. Power ups I believe are a fair benefit to players doing well. Nothing to completely change the battle but just something to give them a slight edge.
>
> But the reason for the Primary Weapon resupplies only. For one, the removal of instantly obtained power weapons makes the balance much fairer. I have gotten an incinerator cannon and by the time it’s finished I have another ordinance with another cannon. That is unbalanced. And second, I use the battle rifle, many others use the DMR. In fact, I have played games were I completely run out of Battle Rifle ammo since no one else in game uses it and I’m left with an empty primary gun that I cannot do anything about. I can only imagine how bad this must be for Light Rifle & Carbine users. Basically, the primary weapon resupply would help balance & give players who don’t like to use the DMR at least a chance to restock their ammo.
>
> This is my thoughts on how they should be, anyone else got other ideas - and I doubt 343 would ever consider removal all together which is why I didn’t mention it.

It’s the random part of Pesonal OrDnance (POD) that bugs me on an intellectual level. I swear I’ve dozens of matches on in Big Team where my whole team gets Needlers while the other team gets Snipers, Binaries, and Incinerators. And so I don’t feel the loss was due to the skill of my team but the overwhelming firepower the other side just happened to be blessed with due to “luck.” (Or [non]random probabilities coming together in odd ways) The thought I’ve been rolling around is suggesting that 343 give each maps a dedicated Ordnance weapon or two. For instance, Ragnarok could be Binary Rifles and Exile could be Incinerators. OR set up a system where depending on the time left in the match, you get certain Ordnance. In the first 5 minutes of BTB you get a Sniper while in the last 5 minutes you get a Binary Rifle. Something along those lines. The grenades and boosts can be random as those are fun if you want to use them instead of the Ordnance given.

At the very least 343 DOES need to look at the code governing the Requisition mod. When I re-roll for new Ordnance, it means I didn’t like ANY of my current choices. I want ZERO of the three choices available. So why do two of the three choices ALMOST ALWAYS STAY THE SAME?!! All three choices should change during a Requisition re-roll.

how about this

EARNING ORDINANCED.

Make ordinance kill based only while also increasing the ordnance requirement to 6

I know that the requirement to gain another ordinace is increased by maybe 20 or 30 percent after each ordinance.

CONTENT OF ORDINANCE

Make the first ordinance received contain a combination of grenades, and close range weapons.

The second ordinance will contain weapons like the needler, sticky detonator, some sort of shotgun, and grenades.

The third ordinance should contain heavy weapons, power ups, and a sniper.

THINGS TO CONSIDER WHEN APPLYING THE ABOVE ADDITIONS TO ORDINANCE

Personal ordinance should be limited to only contain weapons that are not on the map.

The third ordinance would contain what was previously mentioned, because IMO, someone will have achieved at least 16 kills, and depending on whose team they are on, finish slaughtering the competition, or bring the team back from a defeat.

ALL OF THESE ARE JUST IDEAS AND NOT WHAT I WOULD CONSIDER TO BE BALANCED.

I think that your idea about allowing a resupply of your primary ammo is a good idea to zorthax. Implementing that into the first ordinance idea i had would make it more balanced because i know that even close range weapons can be hectic since sprint has been added. Maybe the first ordinance could give you the choice of a close range weapon and a refill on a weapon from your loadout, while giving you a grenade choice. Another feature to add, would be to make the request for a new ordinance available to all players, allowing the next ordinance to be a different close range weapon, secondary weapon ammo, and another grenade type.

The second ordinance could have the same new ordinance request feature, as would the third ordinance.

I think that the only medal that should be included with kills to earn ordinance, is sprees, or multikill medals. From what i have seen in multiplayer, the only problem is the weapons the players receive. I had i think twenty kills one match, and i think that i only got 4 ordinances based on those kills.

If anyone has any other ideas let me know. Maybe we can start a huge thread supporting these ideas.

> How is Ordnance Mastery supposed to be done without the power weapons?

It’s just a name. You still get points towards mastery from power weapons found on the map.

You don’t have to use ordnance to master the commendations.

All three are fine ideas.

I always suggest the power-up one, to make it a throw back to Halo’s arena shooter roots, a la Quake 3, with Haste, Quad Damage and Megahealth. Even though I abuse its use, Active Camo should have been in there as well.

To many power weapons and the complete Randomness kills anything good about the system altogether…

Take away the randomness and we might have something…