Personal Letter to 343 Industries

DISCLAIMER: This is the first thread I have ever posted so I apologize in advance if I misuse terminology or ask those who post to this to do things that are not possible.

To all NON-343 readers, I ask you to do whatever you can to help me ensure this is read by staff of 343 Industries whether it is reply or bump or share or whatever it is you do to get a thread noticed.

Dear 343 Industries,

This letter comes from the heart of a halo fan who has played every single Halo game to date and eagerly pre ordered Halo 5. Let me begin by saying that I am sure you are aware of the outrage many longtime fans like myself have experience regarding the loss of split screen co-op and I completely understand your decision, and probably would have made to same one myself were I an employee of 343. I did a lot of research and if split screen were not sacrificed, so many other features would have been lost that the game would have been released broken or simply outdated in terms of things like AI, graphics, FPS, etc. However, I do believe that there is a simple means of implementing split screen without devoting too many resources; a simple update. A simple update to the game which allows for split screen at the expense of what you would have needed to sacrifice to implement it. An update which allows split screen to be launched, but in launching split screen, would lower the FPS of the game, launch an alternative and less complex AI system, maybe even tone down the game graphically. Obviously, I am not a developer; however, I am aware that it would be very possible to create such an update and I am aware that halo fans everywhere would be happy to sacrifice whatever we need to in order to receive our couch multiplayer back. Furthermore, those who aren’t willing to sacrifice things can simply choose not to install this update or add-on, or simply choose not to play couch multiplayer. I ask for this on behalf of the millions of Halo fans everywhere and I thank you for taking the time to read my suggestion, even if you do not consider implementing it.

Thank you,
-A Longtime Halo Fan

Not going to happen bud. Sorry, It would entail taking the whole game and Re coding it from scratch.

> 2533274821033065;2:
> Not going to happen bud. Sorry, It would entail taking the whole game and Re coding it from scratch.

^This is correct.

> 2533274821033065;2:
> Not going to happen bud. Sorry, It would entail taking the whole game and Re coding it from scratch.

Indeed. Please drop it and move on.

> 2533274840624875;3:
> > 2533274821033065;2:
> > Not going to happen bud. Sorry, It would entail taking the whole game and Re coding it from scratch.
>
>
> ^This is correct.

Not necessarily, definitely not for 5, but in the future, since they have the engine and tech on a new console out of the way, they could add it in for 6 if the demand is high and they allot enough development time.

Signed!!!

> 2533274813096611;1:
> I am not a developer; however, I am aware that it would be very possible to create such an update

No, you’re not, so you actually aren’t aware of the feasibility of such an update.

> 2533274821033065;2:

That’s only true if you believe the first lie they told. Really it just came down to them devoting resources (both people and money) elsewhere. It could happen, but I’m not sure how likely.

At least Reach is getting backwards Compatibility soon

Stop saying you’re speaking for millions of fans when in reality it’s you and MAYBE a few hundred thousand. Most people play online, that’s why they left it out.

Halo 5 isn’t built to withstand the framerate drops and split with splitscreen. Implementing splitscreen literally means remaking the entire game from scratch.

I’ve seen games modified in far more drastic ways than simply frame rate drops and alternative AI systems by regular people who like to mess with their games. I simply refuse to acknowledge that an add-on of some kind is impossible from an actual studio, especially one as talented as 343. I’d also like to add that I do believe I’m speaking for millions of fans. I’ve yet to read one article, thread, or blog stating that a person was alright with having the split screen removed. I did an extensive amount of research and didn’t cross a single person who wasn’t either outraged or disappointed with Halo 5’s lack of split screen. I’d also like to add that I BELIEVE (not a fact so nobody get upset) the majority of long time halo fans best memories are of split screening the games prior to Halo 5 with their friends. And if people actually cared enough to try to convince 343 to do something like this instead of just giving up or calling it impossible it might actually happen. Or at the very least it could happen for Halo 6 (or whatever the next project will be). So pardon me for trying to pursue something I know a lot of people care about.