Persistant war gametype

i came in a mind with a gametype where you get to choose a side once a season, the sides are gonna be the spartans and the new enemy. a season will go 3 months and you will invade the maps from the game. and each map that is captured by a side only the weapons and vehicle of that side will be in the maps, when you participate on 10 games after each season you will get credits, the credits a counted by how much maps are captured.and the way to capture the maps is gonna be just like invasion, just a tweak the defenders are gonna be the map owners and the attackers are gonna be, well the attackers

Sounds like to long of an investment.

<4 <343

30 games each season to get credits!? That sounds like a lot of time just to earn anything. I’d like to see an Invasion game type but improved. Invasion v2.

> 30 games each season to get credits!? That sounds like a lot of time just to earn anything. I’d like to see an Invasion game type but improved. Invasion v2.

yes but what about tweaking it to 10 matches

Sounds like Home/Away games

> Sounds like Home/Away games

well it kinda is.

what about adding space battle like in halo reach long night of solace

What about a really big map that incorporate every single type of combat effectivley with variation in the color, decor, scenery, all that…in a playlist…that never ends? And you get credits for amount of time spent in one sitting in there.

Just a big ol’ war o’ slayer.

But that’d get boring after a long while. A war doesn’t directly revolve around killing the enemy.

> What about a really big map that incorporate every single type of combat effectivley with variation in the color, decor, scenery, all that…in a playlist…that never ends? And you get credits for amount of time spent in one sitting in there.
>
>
> Just a big ol’ war o’ slayer.
>
>
>
>
> But that’d get boring after a long while. A war doesn’t directly revolve around killing the enemy.

only killing for 2 hours will get boring and by the amount of time alot of people will go AFK. i will rather stay with my idea but still its a good one

Exactly. For AFKers, boot em out in this playlist. Objectives would need to be realistic. Assault a Covenant outpost…capture a UNSC base. No unrealistic gametypes like capture the flag…I mean, it’s a flag.

> Exactly. For AFKers, boot em out in this playlist. Objectives would need to be realistic. Assault a Covenant outpost…capture a UNSC base. No unrealistic gametypes like capture the flag…I mean, it’s a flag.

what about when the map is neutral both sides will start a big team slayer and if the other team is capturing the other teams base they will start an invasion game but each map different objectives

and you also get to choose space battles or ground

A couple of games did this already. Lost Planet 2 faction battles in which no ones plays it, and Chromehounds Neroimus War which had its servers pulled.

Probably wont last long but if it worked I’d give it a go. Gametypes like this are actually fun.

> A couple of games did this already. Lost Planet 2 faction battles in which no ones plays it, and Chromehounds Neroimus War which had its servers pulled.
>
>
> Probably wont last long but if it worked I’d give it a go. Gametypes like this are actually fun.

but i dont think people will leave this kind of gametype alone especially if it is halo

This reminds me of chrome hounds so much, I wouldn’t mind having this gametype, seems like something new to do.

This was actually being made for Halo: Reach, but was cut due to time constraints.

I LOVE persistent games like that. Was a huge fan of Planetside, no matter how broken the actual gameplay was.

> > A couple of games did this already. Lost Planet 2 faction battles in which no ones plays it, and Chromehounds Neroimus War which had its servers pulled.
> >
> >
> > Probably wont last long but if it worked I’d give it a go. Gametypes like this are actually fun.
>
> but i dont think people will leave this kind of gametype alone especially if it is halo

The problem I forsee, alot like Lost Planet 2 (although the playerbase was smaller), is that it splits the community into different game types. The persistent war would have to be across all game types (bar customs) to be productive and effective, pretty much how it was in Chromehounds or similar.

Sometimes I think Halo has too many game types as it is. The divide is actually staggering.

Please don’t take my views as negative, I’d love for this to happen, I can just see the issues with it coming from other games that have tried it before. It could definitely work if done right, and properly supported, however.

MAG tested this concept, and failed dramatically both because of the underdeveloped gameplay and the ridiculously unstable servers. When you run something for as long as this, even a simple update would ruin progress, and in the event of even the most minor power outage or server maintenance period, you progress could be lost forever.

Not to mention this isn’t the way Halo’s multiplayer was meant to be played. Big teams on Halo would be a nightmare, and long seasons would simply piss people off. I get angry enough as it is when I get matched up with idiots in a single matchmaking game, and god only knows the extent of my fury if I were to be stuck with a “side” of idiots for an entire season.

The concept you’re asking for is just a battlefield/battlefront style game with a persistent map. It could work. and it would be amazing. but it probably wont happen :frowning: