Permanent solution to dynamic rendering.

Could we potentially see something for this in Halo’s future for any and all titles? I just want Microsoft to push out a computer-computer at this point rather than labelling a tech-demo computer box as a console.
Making aesthetic maps and looking around in general, I’m just continuously seeing things pop in and out. This whole sphere around the player is painfully obvious and things such as map lighting is effected hugely by this.
What are the odds of having this issue ultimately resolved in future?

> 2533274798121887;1:
> Could we potentially see something for this in Halo’s future for any and all titles? I just want Microsoft to push out a computer-computer at this point rather than labelling a tech-demo computer box as a console.
> Making aesthetic maps and looking around in general, I’m just continuously seeing things pop in and out. This whole sphere around the player is painfully obvious and things such as map lighting is effected hugely by this.
> What are the odds of having this issue ultimately resolved in future?

for first person shooters? not likely, as this is currently the best way to quickly render items in the FOV of the player (and dynamic lighting around the player)

if im not mistaken by what you are talking about, i’m pretty sure the unreal engine implements this in their default first person engine…

but could you explain your premise some more? im not sure im familiar with the topic you are discussing, as well as many others on the forum, im sure.

and i can agree with what you’re saying about the current-gen consoles being pretty much computers… this makes me think the console era may be coming to an end in the next couple decades as the tech improves so much i’m sure they will add customizable hardware to improve performance, so they might as well just keep developing for the computer when this happens because that’s all a console is going to be by then anyway. just another home computer… with extra social features and a requirement to purchase online services to interact with any of the content.

Well, it appears I can’t even access my custom games to showcase this issue since the game is ‘Unable to start Dedicated Server’.

Currently there is no solution. The xbox one is too limited in power right now to consider making any changes. This also brings up another issue as well. Even if we tripled the power of the xbox one, games would still have this issue as developers are always pushing games up to the max settings so we will always see this to a certain extent. To eliminate it entirely we would need a really over powered system and devs that would set clear limits on the games design so as to keep the game running in a constant stable state. Considering the limitations of the xbox one the devs at 343i have done an amazing job at optimizing halo 5 to run so well.

Are you talking about how there are several character models on top of each other at different resolutions that you see at various distances?

Once the servers allow me to access my own content, I’ll be sure to share some examples with you.

Perhaps light, but should be substantial enough.