Permanent 2XP or 3XP?

With Infinite dropping in a little under a year (most likely), a permanent XP boost would be greatly appreciated. People want to hit 152, but for most people who just can’t grind like crazy, it’s a near impossible challenge. A permanent 2XP boost would allow those who can’t grind as much as those who can to still have a chance at hitting 152, which would be nice.

EDIT: This forum is old and yet people are still complaining. Go play the game if you’re that attached to it, at least that’s productive.

If i played WFF, and get about 20k per game uaing legendary xp boost, ill need about 2000 games. I only have about 180 boosts so basically double that.

A boost would be beneficial i feel. It would still take a lot of time but if 2000 game sis base(about 5 per day) and special events gove more and uaing boosts, okay ill at least attempt it. As is now, it would take 2 hours a day for a year straight.

I agree a permanent double 2XP or 3XP would be greatly appreciated, especially because if you hit 150 your still basically half way to 152.

> 2535449640935477;3:
> I agree a permanent double 2XP or 3XP would be greatly appreciated, especially because if you hit 150 your still basically half way to 152.

I’m not even 100, and I want to get there. I’m just over 1/20th of the way there

> 2535449640935477;3:
> I agree a permanent double 2XP or 3XP would be greatly appreciated, especially because if you hit 150 your still basically half way to 152.

Literally because of this, i think they should increae it. Mainly becaue of the sheer amount of time it willbstill take even now!

If you dont enjoy halo 5 enough to grind out 152 then you wont enjoy it enough with 2xp, 3xp, 4xp, and always ask more. The MWFF/WFF buff was a giant leap in XP gains and is more than enough.

> 2533274946731337;6:
> If you dont enjoy halo 5 enough to grind out 152 then you wont enjoy it enough with 2xp, 3xp, 4xp, and always ask more. The MWFF/WFF buff was a giant leap in XP gains and is more than enough.

I enjoy Halo 5 as much as the next guy but 50,000,000 XP in total is crazy. I can average about 12k XP per WZFF match, 24k per match with legendary boosts. If I want to steadily get to 152 by the time Infinite releases (assuming it’s dropping on CE’s anniversary), I’d need to sink in 11-12 games a day (or 5-7 with legendary boosts). That’s already absurd for someone who has other stuff to do. A 3XP boost would speed up this process significantly so those who actually have something to do outside of halo can still achieve this goal and get their well deserved award.

> 2533274937939153;7:
> > 2533274946731337;6:
> > If you dont enjoy halo 5 enough to grind out 152 then you wont enjoy it enough with 2xp, 3xp, 4xp, and always ask more. The MWFF/WFF buff was a giant leap in XP gains and is more than enough.
>
> I enjoy Halo 5 as much as the next guy but 50,000,000 XP in total is crazy. I can average about 12k XP per WZFF match, 24k per match with legendary boosts. If I want to steadily get to 152 by the time Infinite releases (assuming it’s dropping on CE’s anniversary), I’d need to sink in 11-12 games a day (or 5-7 with legendary boosts). That’s already absurd for someone who has other stuff to do. A 3XP boost would speed up this process significantly so those who actually have something to do outside of halo can still achieve this goal and get their well deserved award.

" so those who actually have something to do outside of halo can still achieve this goal and get their well deserved award."

so after 5 years you still need 2xp, 3xp, 4xp? or just now that you’ve waited too long to do it casually?? Maybe you just aren’t a watchdog…

I mean the game has been out for over 5 years now… if they drop 3x it’ll make the legacy reward worthless. That’s what the reward is for, for the people that stuck through it and played a ton of time.

> 2533274946731337;8:
> > 2533274937939153;7:
> > > 2533274946731337;6:
> > > If you dont enjoy halo 5 enough to grind out 152 then you wont enjoy it enough with 2xp, 3xp, 4xp, and always ask more. The MWFF/WFF buff was a giant leap in XP gains and is more than enough.
> >
> > I enjoy Halo 5 as much as the next guy but 50,000,000 XP in total is crazy. I can average about 12k XP per WZFF match, 24k per match with legendary boosts. If I want to steadily get to 152 by the time Infinite releases (assuming it’s dropping on CE’s anniversary), I’d need to sink in 11-12 games a day (or 5-7 with legendary boosts). That’s already absurd for someone who has other stuff to do. A 3XP boost would speed up this process significantly so those who actually have something to do outside of halo can still achieve this goal and get their well deserved award.
>
> " so those who actually have something to do outside of halo can still achieve this goal and get their well deserved award."
>
> so after 5 years you still need 2xp, 3xp, 4xp? or just now that you’ve waited too long to do it casually?? Maybe you just aren’t a watchdog…

This.

Some people feel way to entitled to have everything. The 152 reward is for those who genuinely enjoy playing halo 5 and put in the time. asking for insane xp boosts to cheese slide in at the final hour to try and get the reward just defeats the purpose of it in the first place. Some rewards deserve to remain special. Yes 50 million is an insane amount of xp but halo 5 has been out for 5 years, and weve known for years that there would be a 152 reward in the next halo game.

MCC is clearly the better game, that’s why more people are currently playing it over 5. Halo 5 needs a permanent XP boost if they want to give players a reason to keep playing. The game has been out for 5 years and people who played everyday from then for a small amount still wouldn’t reach 152. The people trying to gatekeep this don’t realize that you still have to put in a huge amount of time to still grind to 152. While the process would be quicker, it’s still 50,000,000 XP.

I’m enjoying Halo 5.

Now they’ve taken H2:A hardcore from me I might play it more than MCC.

I’m terrible at it so will be good practice to make sure I can play every Halo game before Infinite kicks my -Yoink-. I’m bad at Reach too!

Unless they put on 152x exp, I’m not getting close!!

I feel like the xp boost has the potential to bring some life back into H5. I realize its controversial because of the potential to cheese the reward, but I think it would be worth it to fill up the Playlists and reduce time spent searching for matches.

> 2533274891826916;13:
> I feel like the xp boost has the potential to bring some life back into H5. I realize its controversial because of the potential to cheese the reward, but I think it would be worth it to fill up the Playlists and reduce time spent searching for matches.

I think the fact that the XP packs were always available for purchase with real real currency already made the system cheesable for the rich, I much prefer having the ingame packs always available and think you are exactly right that it will bring some people back but also more importantly get some people more comfortable with playing things other than MWZFF as the xp packs make any playlist less of a shot in the foot to the xp grind.

EDIT: oh dang, misread this earlier and just realized that by boosts we meant permenent boost on every game. That seems like a bit much, making the boost purchasable with RP seems like more than enough, maybe reduce the price on Arena packs b/c they are obviously the lesser deal but thats a pretty minor thing

Permanent 3x is a bit much. I wouldn’t be opposed to 2x XP, but I think it should be somewhat limited. Maybe a few weeks of global double XP in the summer and fall, and keep the boost packs available for purchase with req points permanantly.

That said, if you aren’t somewhat close by now, you were never going to make it. The game has been out for 5 1/2 years, and we have known about the 152 reward for over 6 months. I managed to get 35 million XP since January because I put my head down and played Halo 5 as my main game. There is still at least 4or 5 solid months left to work on this so it should be possible for most people.

If that doesn’t give you enough time to get there, considering how much time we have already had, then the reward was never for you in the first place. That isn’t a bad thing. Save your money and time for the Infinite Battle passes or in-game store instead.

> 2806037446402987;15:
> Permanent 3x is a bit much. I wouldn’t be opposed to 2x XP, but I think it should be somewhat limited. Maybe a few weeks of global double XP in the summer and fall, and keep the boost packs available for purchase with req points permanantly.
>
> That said, if you aren’t somewhat close by now, you were never going to make it. The game has been out for 5 1/2 years, and we have known about the 152 reward for over 6 months. I managed to get 35 million XP since January because I put my head down and played Halo 5 as my main game. There is still at least 4or 5 solid months left to work on this so it should be possible for most people.
>
> If that doesn’t give you enough time to get there, considering how much time we have already had, then the reward was never for you in the first place. That isn’t a bad thing. Save your money and time for the Infinite Battle passes or in-game store instead.

I agree. The way I see it, if you aren’t at least 150 by now, the grind is just unreasonable. I would love to see a little boost for those who are already close, just to make the final stretch a little bit easier. That said, I don’t have much hope left. Mythic Firefight it is! :wink:

I’d like having Warzone Assault with double XP back, it’s a great way to farm xp points. In my opinion, 3XP is too much.

> 2533274937939153;1:
> With Infinite dropping in a little under a year (most likely), a permanent XP boost would be greatly appreciated. People want to hit 152, but for most people who just can’t grind like crazy, it’s a near impossible challenge. A permanent 3XP boost would allow those who can’t grind as much as those who can to still have a chance at hitting 152, which would be nice.

So just so I understand… you’re currently lvl 113 (yes I looked) and haven’t played any type of MP in H5 since December (I checked that too)… everyone who’s been whining about the xp packs being available for RP finally got their way… and now you want even more from 343? Might as well ask them to open a portion of the website for transactions so you can buy your 152… these posts come up all the time… I don’t recall people complaining back when the game was released that they needed 2 or 3xp… they played the game and were happy with what they got, and now that there’s a reward attached to it… some want to take the easy route just so they can say they got the reward… STOP!!! You want something… you have to earn it… play the game. It’s literally that simple. The game has been out 6 years and if you haven’t gotten close by now (and if Infinite doesn’t get delayed again)… you’re probably not going to make it by the time it releases. 343 made the peak of the mountain where they did because a large portion of the community was complaining that the 3 or so million you needed to reach max rank in H4 was too low… now that H5 has reached end of life… a lot of people are complaing (especially the ones that have virtually no game history) are whining that 50 is too high…

Now I will give that the xp disparity between gametypes is wrong as well. It should be roughly regardless of what game mode you’re in. I think they should fix that (they won’t) before they do anything else.

> 2535451066339021;17:
> I’d like having Warzone Assault with double XP back, it’s a great way to farm xp points. In my opinion, 3XP is too much.

permanent 3xp definitely too much, really making double xp for all playlists is already too much. I think having a permanent feature WZ, either Assault or Turbo, would be a good idea though as I hate how MWZFF is the only real option.

Beyond that I think that just keeping the XP packs available for RP is the perfect solution for the time being as it will alleviate the congestion to MWZFF and get some players to come back maybe. I don’t think the massive xp boosts will attract many new players back that aren’t already enticed by the xp packs.

> 2542657289641224;18:
> > 2533274937939153;1:
> > With Infinite dropping in a little under a year (most likely), a permanent XP boost would be greatly appreciated. People want to hit 152, but for most people who just can’t grind like crazy, it’s a near impossible challenge. A permanent 3XP boost would allow those who can’t grind as much as those who can to still have a chance at hitting 152, which would be nice.
>
> So just so I understand… you’re currently lvl 113 (yes I looked) and haven’t played any type of MP in H5 since December (I checked that too)… everyone who’s been whining about the xp packs being available for RP finally got their way… and now you want even more from 343? Might as well ask them to open a portion of the website for transactions so you can buy your 152… these posts come up all the time… I don’t recall people complaining back when the game was released that they needed 2 or 3xp… they played the game and were happy with what they got, and now that there’s a reward attached to it… some want to take the easy route just so they can say they got the reward… STOP!!! You want something… you have to earn it… play the game. It’s literally that simple. The game has been out 6 years and if you haven’t gotten close by now (and if Infinite doesn’t get delayed again)… you’re probably not going to make it by the time it releases. 343 made the peak of the mountain where they did because a large portion of the community was complaining that the 3 or so million you needed to reach max rank in H4 was too low… now that H5 has reached end of life… a lot of people are complaing (especially the ones that have virtually no game history) are whining that 50 is too high…
>
> Now I will give that the xp disparity between gametypes is wrong as well. It should be roughly regardless of what game mode you’re in. I think they should fix that (they won’t) before they do anything else.

Well that escalated quickly… And appropriately