Permabanned for testing chat filter :(

Woke up this morning to check and it looks like my ban from Sunday is still in effect. I thought it was a bug at first, but after reading about some other people’s bans and the tweet from Ske7ch, I figure this was the reason. A friend and I tested the chat filter in a private lobby. Pretty mild stuff if I remember correctly, but also it was in no way targeted harassment.

It doesn’t seem like there’s a way to appeal bans right now, so I’ll be on the outside looking in for the flight. Hoping they will provide a solution to appealing these edge cases for the game’s full release, because I really want to be able to play with the account I’ve been playing Halo with for 10 years.

Not trying to complain, just needed some catharsis :frowning:

> 2533274923873915;1:
> Woke up this morning to check and it looks like my ban from Sunday is still in effect. I thought it was a bug at first, but after reading about some other people’s bans and the tweet from Ske7ch, I figure this was the reason. A friend and I tested the chat filter in a private lobby. Pretty mild stuff if I remember correctly, but also it was in no way targeted harassment.
>
> It doesn’t seem like there’s a way to appeal bans right now, so I’ll be on the outside looking in for the flight. Hoping they will provide a solution to appealing these edge cases for the game’s full release, because I really want to be able to play with the account I’ve been playing Halo with for 10 years.
>
> Not trying to complain, just needed some catharsis :frowning:

Hello.

Just head to halo Support an submit a ticket
LINK: https://support.halowaypoint.com/hc/en-us/articles/4403878454420

With all do… I hope this fixes your problem, and you get back into the Halo World…
Cheers’ :sunglasses:
Happy Gaming
VAKTRA
Please Don’t DM me on Halo Waypoint… if you have anything to ask please add my discord or my xbox
DISCORD: Vaktra#1224
X__BOX: NI Darkness

To be clear, I have an open support ticket for the issue, but I got a canned response about known-issues FAQ and no change to my ban. I don’t blame them, as their main focus is and should be squashing bugs, but I don’t think there’s anyone reviewing logs and arbitrating appeals at the moment. I could be wrong though.

> 2533274923873915;3:
> To be clear, I have an open support ticket for the issue, but I got a canned response about known-issues FAQ and no change to my ban. I don’t blame them, as their main focus is and should be squashing bugs, but I don’t think there’s anyone reviewing logs and arbitrating appeals at the moment. I could be wrong though.

Kinda But at the same time they are

Happy Gaming
VAKTRA
Please Don’t DM me on Halo Waypoint… if you have anything to ask please add my discord or my xbox

> 2535406961130283;4:
> > 2533274923873915;3:
> >
>
> Kinda But at the same time they are
>
> Cheers’ :sunglasses:
> Happy Gaming
> VAKTRA
> Please Don’t DM me on Halo Waypoint… if you have anything to ask please add my discord or my xbox
> DISCORD: Vaktra#1224
> X__BOX: NI Darkness

do you manually type out a signature because you are too low a rank to have one? lol

> 2533274923873915;1:
> Woke up this morning to check and it looks like my ban from Sunday is still in effect. I thought it was a bug at first, but after reading about some other people’s bans and the tweet from Ske7ch, I figure this was the reason. A friend and I tested the chat filter in a private lobby. Pretty mild stuff if I remember correctly, but also it was in no way targeted harassment.
>
> It doesn’t seem like there’s a way to appeal bans right now, so I’ll be on the outside looking in for the flight. Hoping they will provide a solution to appealing these edge cases for the game’s full release, because I really want to be able to play with the account I’ve been playing Halo with for 10 years.
>
> Not trying to complain, just needed some catharsis :frowning:

the idea that you can get auto-banned in a private lobby is the dumbest thing. I hope “chat filtering” is a option to turn off for custom games because trash talking is half the fun.

> 2533274847845259;5:
> > 2535406961130283;4:
> > > 2533274923873915;3:
> > >
> >
> > Kinda But at the same time they are
> >
> > Cheers’ :sunglasses:
> > Happy Gaming
> > VAKTRA
> > Please Don’t DM me on Halo Waypoint… if you have anything to ask please add my discord or my xbox
> > DISCORD: Vaktra#1224
> > X__BOX: NI Darkness
>
> do you manually type out a signature because you are too low a rank to have one? lol
>
>
> > 2533274923873915;1:
> > Woke up this morning to check and it looks like my ban from Sunday is still in effect. I thought it was a bug at first, but after reading about some other people’s bans and the tweet from Ske7ch, I figure this was the reason. A friend and I tested the chat filter in a private lobby. Pretty mild stuff if I remember correctly, but also it was in no way targeted harassment.
> >
> > It doesn’t seem like there’s a way to appeal bans right now, so I’ll be on the outside looking in for the flight. Hoping they will provide a solution to appealing these edge cases for the game’s full release, because I really want to be able to play with the account I’ve been playing Halo with for 10 years.
> >
> > Not trying to complain, just needed some catharsis :frowning:
>
> the idea that you can get auto-banned in a private lobby is the dumbest thing. I hope “chat filtering” is a option to turn off for custom games because trash talking is half the fun.

You don’t generally get banned for simple trash talk. Chat filters out things like slurs and discriminatory terms. Only 343 will be able to see what was actually put into the chat by OP, but chances are it was something a little worse than mild.

> 2535406961130283;4:
> > 2533274923873915;3:
> > To be clear, I have an open support ticket for the issue, but I got a canned response about known-issues FAQ and no change to my ban. I don’t blame them, as their main focus is and should be squashing bugs, but I don’t think there’s anyone reviewing logs and arbitrating appeals at the moment. I could be wrong though.
>
> Kinda But at the same time they are
>
> Cheers’ :sunglasses:
> Happy Gaming
> VAKTRA
> Please Don’t DM me on Halo Waypoint… if you have anything to ask please add my discord or my xbox
> DISCORD: Vaktra#1224
> X__BOX: NI Darkness

Hi there! Please note that forum signatures are a privilege unlocked at the Spartan forum rank. Until then, please do not add signatures to your posts. You’ll reach that pro village naturally eventually—as long as you don’t try to spam your way there :wink:

> 2533274817408735;6:
> > 2533274847845259;5:
> > > 2535406961130283;4:
> > > > 2533274923873915;3:
> > > >
> > >
> > > Kinda But at the same time they are
> > >
> > > Cheers’ :sunglasses:
> > > Happy Gaming
> > > VAKTRA
> > > Please Don’t DM me on Halo Waypoint… if you have anything to ask please add my discord or my xbox
> > > DISCORD: Vaktra#1224
> > > X__BOX: NI Darkness
> >
> > do you manually type out a signature because you are too low a rank to have one? lol
> >
> >
> > > 2533274923873915;1:
> > > Woke up this morning to check and it looks like my ban from Sunday is still in effect. I thought it was a bug at first, but after reading about some other people’s bans and the tweet from Ske7ch, I figure this was the reason. A friend and I tested the chat filter in a private lobby. Pretty mild stuff if I remember correctly, but also it was in no way targeted harassment.
> > >
> > > It doesn’t seem like there’s a way to appeal bans right now, so I’ll be on the outside looking in for the flight. Hoping they will provide a solution to appealing these edge cases for the game’s full release, because I really want to be able to play with the account I’ve been playing Halo with for 10 years.
> > >
> > > Not trying to complain, just needed some catharsis :frowning:
> >
> > the idea that you can get auto-banned in a private lobby is the dumbest thing. I hope “chat filtering” is a option to turn off for custom games because trash talking is half the fun.
>
> You don’t generally get banned for simple trash talk. Chat filters out things like slurs and discriminatory terms. Only 343 will be able to see what was actually put into the chat by OP, but chances are it was something a little worse than mild.

my point still stands, if its in a private match there should be no filtering. its not like a match where you are matched with anyone. its a match you chose to join and to stay in. I guess me and my friends arent using ingame chat and well just yell slurs or whatever else at each other in discord chat.

<mark>This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post spam.</mark>
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

> 2533274847845259;5:
> > 2535406961130283;4:
> > > 2533274923873915;3:
> > >
> >
> > Kinda But at the same time they are
> >
> > Cheers’ :sunglasses:
> > Happy Gaming
> > VAKTRA
> > Please Don’t DM me on Halo Waypoint… if you have anything to ask please add my discord or my xbox
> > DISCORD: Vaktra#1224
> > X__BOX: NI Darkness
>
> do you manually type out a signature because you are too low a rank to have one? lol
>
>
> > 2533274923873915;1:
> > Woke up this morning to check and it looks like my ban from Sunday is still in effect. I thought it was a bug at first, but after reading about some other people’s bans and the tweet from Ske7ch, I figure this was the reason. A friend and I tested the chat filter in a private lobby. Pretty mild stuff if I remember correctly, but also it was in no way targeted harassment.
> >
> > It doesn’t seem like there’s a way to appeal bans right now, so I’ll be on the outside looking in for the flight. Hoping they will provide a solution to appealing these edge cases for the game’s full release, because I really want to be able to play with the account I’ve been playing Halo with for 10 years.
> >
> > Not trying to complain, just needed some catharsis :frowning:
>
> the idea that you can get auto-banned in a private lobby is the dumbest thing. I hope “chat filtering” is a option to turn off for custom games because trash talking is half the fun.

maybe

Happy Gaming
VAKTRA

> 2533274817408735;6:
> > 2533274847845259;5:
> > > 2535406961130283;4:
> > > > 2533274923873915;3:
> > > >
> > >
> > > Kinda But at the same time they are
> > >
> > > Cheers’ :sunglasses:
> > > Happy Gaming
> > > VAKTRA
> > > Please Don’t DM me on Halo Waypoint… if you have anything to ask please add my discord or my xbox
> > > DISCORD: Vaktra#1224
> > > X__BOX: NI Darkness
> >
> > do you manually type out a signature because you are too low a rank to have one? lol
> >
> >
> > > 2533274923873915;1:
> > > Woke up this morning to check and it looks like my ban from Sunday is still in effect. I thought it was a bug at first, but after reading about some other people’s bans and the tweet from Ske7ch, I figure this was the reason. A friend and I tested the chat filter in a private lobby. Pretty mild stuff if I remember correctly, but also it was in no way targeted harassment.
> > >
> > > It doesn’t seem like there’s a way to appeal bans right now, so I’ll be on the outside looking in for the flight. Hoping they will provide a solution to appealing these edge cases for the game’s full release, because I really want to be able to play with the account I’ve been playing Halo with for 10 years.
> > >
> > > Not trying to complain, just needed some catharsis :frowning:
> >
> > the idea that you can get auto-banned in a private lobby is the dumbest thing. I hope “chat filtering” is a option to turn off for custom games because trash talking is half the fun.
>
> You don’t generally get banned for simple trash talk. Chat filters out things like slurs and discriminatory terms. Only 343 will be able to see what was actually put into the chat by OP, but chances are it was something a little worse than mild.

There were 100% derogatory words used that I would not normally direct at someone, but it was in a private lobby with one other person whom I am friends with. One-word entries to see what was censored and what made it through the filter. Would not want to get into specific words here on the forum, but I think if it were to be arbitrated by a human for context it would not look like grounds for a ban.

> 2533274847845259;8:
> > 2533274817408735;6:
> > > 2533274847845259;5:
> > > > 2535406961130283;4:
> > > > > 2533274923873915;3:
> > > > >
> > > >
> > > > Kinda But at the same time they are
> > > >
> > > > Cheers’ :sunglasses:
> > > > Happy Gaming
> > > > VAKTRA
> > > > Please Don’t DM me on Halo Waypoint… if you have anything to ask please add my discord or my xbox
> > > > DISCORD: Vaktra#1224
> > > > X__BOX: NI Darkness
> > >
> > > do you manually type out a signature because you are too low a rank to have one? lol
> > >
> > >
> > > > 2533274923873915;1:
> > > > Woke up this morning to check and it looks like my ban from Sunday is still in effect. I thought it was a bug at first, but after reading about some other people’s bans and the tweet from Ske7ch, I figure this was the reason. A friend and I tested the chat filter in a private lobby. Pretty mild stuff if I remember correctly, but also it was in no way targeted harassment.
> > > >
> > > > It doesn’t seem like there’s a way to appeal bans right now, so I’ll be on the outside looking in for the flight. Hoping they will provide a solution to appealing these edge cases for the game’s full release, because I really want to be able to play with the account I’ve been playing Halo with for 10 years.
> > > >
> > > > Not trying to complain, just needed some catharsis :frowning:
> > >
> > > the idea that you can get auto-banned in a private lobby is the dumbest thing. I hope “chat filtering” is a option to turn off for custom games because trash talking is half the fun.
> >
> > You don’t generally get banned for simple trash talk. Chat filters out things like slurs and discriminatory terms. Only 343 will be able to see what was actually put into the chat by OP, but chances are it was something a little worse than mild.
>
> my point still stands, if its in a private match there should be no filtering. its not like a match where you are matched with anyone. its a match you chose to join and to stay in. I guess me and my friends arent using ingame chat and well just yell slurs or whatever else at each other in discord chat.

There is no time or place when racist or sexist or discriminatory language is appropriate in halo, whether in public or private games, and 343 is basically saying that sort of thing is not welcome in their game. If that offends you, too bad I guess. There are probably other games out there that are less moderated.