Perks may not be bad

I was kinda thinking, perks in halo might not be that bad.

So maybe we should have custom loudouts, but you may not customize weapons (i hate that
idea) but you may only have perks.

Now to stay on even ground everyone has these perks unlocked lock already.
So you dont unlock them as you rank up. Everybody has them.

So it’s kinda like the AAs in Reach but with more customization.

Now this may sound dumb but everyone will be on even ground.
Everyone has access to the same abilities, therefore no one will have the advantage.

puts on flamesuit

You’re never on even ground when perks are added.

The key reason they have no business being in Halo.

And it’s already confirmed that they are unlocked the same way as cod perks.

> You’re never on even ground when perks are added.
>
> The key reason they have no business being in Halo.
>
> <mark>And it’s already confirmed that they are unlocked the same was as cod perks.</mark>

Dang, oh well guess i got to adapt.

Where does this notion come from that, because you have access to the same options before you spawn, that when players choose different ones, they are on even ground?

It’s like saying players are on even ground in Shadowrun because they can choose the same character before the game starts…

They aren’t perks. they’re part of the armour you choose, that’s what it means when you get them when you rank up.

> They aren’t perks. they’re part of the armour you choose, that what it means when you get them when you rank up.

So they’re not perks, but there just little bonuses unlocked through a progression system that affect gameplay.

Hmm… whats a word that could describe that…

> > They aren’t perks. they’re part of the armour you choose, that what it means when you get them when you rank up.
>
> So they’re not perks, but there just little bonuses unlocked through a progression system that affect gameplay.
>
> Hmm… whats a word that could describe that…

Ooh! It’s on the tip on my tongue!

> > They aren’t perks. they’re part of the armour you choose, that what it means when you get them when you rank up.
>
> So they’re not perks, but there just little bonuses unlocked through a progression system that affect gameplay.
>
> Hmm… whats a word that could describe that…

They are enhancements Half troll jokingly

I meant that they are part of the armour, not separate perks.

> I meant that they are part of the armour, not separate perks.

I kinda like that they’re part of the armor, that way you can see what perks other people
have.

> I meant that they are part of the armour, not separate perks.

Does it matter?

What is the difference between selecting a perk through a menu that gives you extra ammo(for arguments sake), and selecting an armor piece through your character model that gives you extra ammo?

> > I meant that they are part of the armour, not separate perks.
>
> Does it matter?
>
> What is the difference between selecting a perk through a menu that gives you extra ammo(for arguments sake), and selecting an armor piece through your character model that gives you extra ammo?

You might look cooler with an extra pack of ammo on your shoulder. lol

No, nonono, nono, no!

Perks are the reason I hate CoD. Sure, it’s a fun game to play, but say I buy MW3 right now. If I play someone who was exactly like me in a previous CoD game, but he got MW3 maybe a month or two earlier than me, he would win not because of skill, but because of perks. By giving people who play more bonuses that have an effect on gameplay, noobs are alienated and even experienced players can get frustrated.

As far a custom loadout like CoD, I wouldn’t mind it too much, but I still don’t want it in halo. There is a reason why they removed the AA and needler loadout from reach: it was too good a combo to start out with. If we allowed custom loadouts everyone would simply create the “trump” loadout.

You people argue about the same stuff all the time. Like for me I wouldn’t mind having AA, Perks, Equipment, Killsteaks, Prestige Mode, Drop Pod, Massive amount of player or just 32players, Armor Effects, Fall Damage, Mech’s, Spartan 1 2 3 4 5 6, Marines, Hell Jumpers (ODST), Brutes and more in the game. Because no matter how you look at Halo it is a warfare type of a game and story. So what we need to be doing is stop trying to make Halo stay in the classic past days and move on like everyone eels doing.

Like I always tell people that if Halo stays classic and doesn’t try to import the stuff from the Books, Halo Legends, The Campaign, and real warfare stuff to it then it’s going to disappear or become that dusty old game that no one wants to play anymore because it’s not as epic or fun as the other. Just because it called Halo doesn’t mean it’s going to be a good game people. If you look in the past you will learn from it like other companies had to learn the hard way. Like the people who made 007 Games, Star wars Games, Gundam Games, Tony Hawk Games, Dead or Alive Games, Street Fighter Games, Mortal Kombat Games, Mario Games, Pokemon Games, Donkey Kong Games, Alien vs. Predator Games and so on.
(Now for Mario and Pokemon Games I’m like 50% sure about them.)

So people let’s just try to have a little bit more open mind and make sure Halo doesn’t get anywhere near this list.

Perks should never be in Halo because Halo isn’t the bad repetitive game COD is.

I was talking to some of my old CE buddies the other week. The conversation soon revolved around H4 and it slipped out of me that H4 is going to have perks.

Their response: they laughed. Indeed. Then they wondered what kind of genius came up with that, and so I said 343. Their initial reaction to that was; so they’re selling out? I naturally answered yes.

GG Halo 4 development team.

> Perks should never be in Halo.

Saying Perks should never be in Halo doesn’t give me a reason why? Plus I hope your reason isn’t it makes the battlefield uneven. Because you just sound stupid if you say it. The fact is that Halo is a warfare type of game, and if you think that things are even in war then your sadly wrong bro. :frowning:

Well I hate COD because it is repetitive and sucks and perks in Halo would make it worse.

Halo is more about teamwork than COD is and in COD there is no such thing as teamwork.

Why don’t you just make a poll to see if people want perks or not?

> You’re never on even ground when perks are added.
>
> The key reason they have no business being in Halo.
>
> And it’s already confirmed that they are unlocked the same way as cod perks.

This is 343i’s Halo not BUNGIE’S Halo it’s a start of a new series that means they are going to be perks and custom load outs so your going to have to adapt to this new series.