Perks in Multiplayer

Don’t. By that I mean perks have conflict with a core principle of the game: a fair fight. Minus speacial gametypes like invasion everything from weapon starts to spawns, skill matching, and even Armor Abilities are dealt equally so no one can start off any better than another player. (AAs get around it since they are usualy the same for everyone on each team. If you don’t agree for some reason, just scratch it off the list. It’s not important enough).

Why you may ask? Perks add the type of imbalance which causes those “Bull Crap!” moments. Sure, I know it’s not the dramatic change like CoD perks. But why should a sniper which is scoped in not be ambushed from a lack of awareness? Why should someone have more grenades to lob or ammo to spend? What’s more you have to unlock them which means new players are going to be screwed.

But I am a realistic person. They aren’t going away despite the fact I abhore the thought of War Games including them. And they do have a use in the game. Can you guess where? Co-op. Spartan Ops is great for players to pick special load-outs to compliment each other against a common enemy. So tuning your spartan towards extra fire power, point man, sniper cover and more can make that experience great.

How then could we (me) compromise? If perks were limited to certain types. Infinity Slayer is fine but keep it out of all vanilla core gametypes like slayer and objective aswell as ranked games. Perhaps non-ranked games aswell?

What do you think about this?

I don’t know why is such a big deal to people. If you don’t want AAs or perks, play in the Classic playlists. Lots of people are excited for the changes and that’s great, and if you’re not that’s fine too. You don’t need to argue to make everyone play the way YOU like most. There’s room for everyone.

“Perks” are part of the core game now, as are customizable loadouts and armour abilities. I can guarantee that you’ll be seeing them in the majority of gametypes.

@jaspoon13
I like AAs. I like all the new weapons. I like everything about Halo 4. I don’t like “classic” playlists. I just don’t think perks belong. Or if they do it’s in special gametypes. The line has got to be drawn somewhere.

> “Perks” are part of the core game now, as are customizable loadouts and armour abilities. I can guarantee that you’ll be seeing them in the majority of gametypes.

Sad but true

O well I will have to adapt and see how it play out .

I’m sure, the classic playlist won’t have it.

Damn and I wonder why people from 343 don’t come on here much…

> I’m sure, the classic playlist won’t have it.
>
> Damn and I wonder why people from 343 don’t come on here much…

Too busy playing halo 4? I know thats what i would be doing if i worked at 343.

Why do you have such massive words at the start of paragraph?

This is a training session between spartans for any upcoming wars.There is no reason for it to be “fair”, on the battlefield the enemy won’t always have the same weapons as you and you have to be skilled enough with other weapons in order to adjust and be beneficial to your team mates. There is nothing wrong with mods and it makes the game unique and puts a spin on how you playbthe game and what tactical moves you make in order to defeat your enemy.

On a technical point, they’re called armour mods, more specifically Support Upgrades and Tactical Packages. If you’re going to criticise something at least call them with their correct names.

And I don’t see the problem. None of the mods I’ve seen so far actually give you a direct advantage in combat. Frankie actually uses a pretty good meatphor for it. You’re not swapping out whole parts, you’re just fine tuning to suit your playstyle.

To use your point about snipers. So he can see his tracker when scoped in. Just crouch when you’re approaching him. You should be doing that anyways if you’re trying to sneak up on someone, regardless of their weapon.

As far as I can remember. The loadout perks and ordinance drops will not spawn power weapons. According to the bullitin, you have a choice of 3 items. Two of one and one of the other. I think it’s two AA’s and one weapon. You cannot spawn rockets, or snipers. If i’m wrong, someone correct me. This actually doesn’t sound too bad. From the sound of it, the player has to pull his/her weight in order to be granted so called “perks”, but these “perks”, are not game breaking in a match…

> As far as I can remember. The loadout perks and ordinance drops will not spawn power weapons. According to the bullitin, you have a choice of 3 items. Two of one and one of the other. I think it’s two AA’s and one weapon. You cannot spawn rockets, or snipers. If i’m wrong, someone correct me. This actually doesn’t sound too bad. From the sound of it, the player has to pull his/her weight in order to be granted so called “perks”, but these “perks”, are not game breaking in a match…

Not quite. Loadouts don’t have power weapons, yes.

Personal Ordanance has three slots for each drop you earn. The left and bottom slots contain weapons or grenades. The right slot has a power-up. The actual weapons you can earn vary from gametype and map. On small maps, you can’t get rockets or snipers because that would just break it, instead you’ll be restricted to things like the Scattershot, Sticky Detonator and Needler. But on BTB maps and such you’ll be able to earn Rockets and Snipers too I believe.

> > As far as I can remember. The loadout perks and ordinance drops will not spawn power weapons. According to the bullitin, you have a choice of 3 items. Two of one and one of the other. I think it’s two AA’s and one weapon. You cannot spawn rockets, or snipers. If i’m wrong, someone correct me. This actually doesn’t sound too bad. From the sound of it, the player has to pull his/her weight in order to be granted so called “perks”, but these “perks”, are not game breaking in a match…
>
> Not quite. Loadouts don’t have power weapons, yes.
>
> Personal Ordanance has three slots for each drop you earn. The left and bottom slots contain weapons or grenades. The right slot has a power-up. The actual weapons you can earn vary from gametype and map. On small maps, you can’t get rockets or snipers because that would just break it, instead you’ll be restricted to things like the Scattershot, Sticky Detonator and Needler. But on BTB maps and such you’ll be able to earn Rockets and Snipers too I believe.

Thanks for the correction. I know I read something like this in the bullitin, I just wasn’t sure how it went. Don’t these “perks”, still force you to perform in order to achieve? Let’s say im on a running riot, the opponant kills me, he just racked up a bunch of points for the kill, as did I for being on a riot. These actions fill up the ordinance meter correct? The only other perk I can think of is armor and weapon customization. It doesn’t sound too bad though does it? I mean, I haven’t played it so I can’t really voice a solid opinion on it yet?

> > > As far as I can remember. The loadout perks and ordinance drops will not spawn power weapons. According to the bullitin, you have a choice of 3 items. Two of one and one of the other. I think it’s two AA’s and one weapon. You cannot spawn rockets, or snipers. If i’m wrong, someone correct me. This actually doesn’t sound too bad. From the sound of it, the player has to pull his/her weight in order to be granted so called “perks”, but these “perks”, are not game breaking in a match…
> >
> > Not quite. Loadouts don’t have power weapons, yes.
> >
> > Personal Ordanance has three slots for each drop you earn. The left and bottom slots contain weapons or grenades. The right slot has a power-up. The actual weapons you can earn vary from gametype and map. On small maps, you can’t get rockets or snipers because that would just break it, instead you’ll be restricted to things like the Scattershot, Sticky Detonator and Needler. But on BTB maps and such you’ll be able to earn Rockets and Snipers too I believe.
>
> Thanks for the correction. I know I read something like this in the bullitin, I just wasn’t sure how it went. Don’t these “perks”, still force you to perform in order to achieve? Let’s say im on a running riot, the opponant kills me, he just racked up a bunch of points for the kill, as did I for being on a riot. These actions fill up the ordinance meter correct? The only other perk I can think of is armor and weapon customization. It doesn’t sound too bad though does it? I mean, I haven’t played it so I can’t really voice a solid opinion on it yet?

I think you’re misintrepretating what Perks are. You’re thinking of Ordanance Drops, which are a form of reward system, like the killstreaks in CoD. I think that basically, every medal you earn contributes to your personal Ordanance meter, which lets you get a reward drop.

For Loadouts, you get six slots:
Primary Weapon
Secondary Weapon
Armour Ability
Grenade
Tactical Package
Support Upgrade.

The last two are armour mods, but in general you would call them Perks because that’s what CoD calls them, and they’re the main game that uses the system. They’re basically modifers that give you additional gameplay traits. So they might give you extra grenades on spawn, make your radar more sensitive etc. The OP is against them because he thinks they create player imbalances. In general though, none of the shown ones seem to give a direct and unbeatable advantage over the other players.