Perks are silly...

Sure they may not “affect” gameplay that much. But if that’s the case, why are they even implemented into the game? All it really adds is clutter.

Please, give me your honest opinions about the perks in Halo 4.

I still don’t really like the idea of perks being introduced into Halo, but it does seem that 343i has really worked hard on making them balanced. So, we’ll see.

We can only have 2, I like them, they add to style, for example one of the tactical or support packages lets you have infinite spirnt…AWESOME

As an rpg fan I like the idea of tailoring load outs towards how I play.

So far I like them, it seems to help you get organized into a certain role/class like grenadier, sniper, assassin, ect… So I don’t have a problem with them.

> As an rpg fan I like the idea of tailoring load outs towards how I play.

This

I like it, adds depth and flavor to the multiplayer

should be a fun twist

Capt Beans is a silly GT.

This thread will now be about talking about it.

They’re just… Ughhhh. I really don’t know how they passed.

Dexterity? Really? You’ll let a player reload like a damn ninja and destroy anyone he’s in a shoot out with? AWESOME. Do they play test these things with anyone half decent?

-THROWS UP ON STAGE-

> I still don’t really like the idea of perks being introduced into Halo, but it does seem that 343i has really worked hard on making them balanced. So, we’ll see.

Yeah. Halo has always been an arena shooter in my book, but 343 is slowly turning it into a class-based shooter. (I understand why their doing this) Heck, I was fine with the “Loadout” system. Getting to choose out of the four precision weapons (No moar AR starts!) instead of having a “main” one was a nice idea. And I was fine with the selection of AA’s considering Bungie basically brought that to Halo through Reach, and I eventually got used to that.

But perks now? I don’t know. Like you said, we’ll have to wait and see.

> Capt Beans is a silly GT.
>
> This thread will now be about talking about it.

No

I’m against perks as well. I’m fine with customizable loadouts, but Halo never really needed perks, at least IMO. I’m mostly worried about Dexterity, as it’ll probably be used by everyone and their moms like Sleight of Hand in CoD, but I guess we’ll see.

> > Capt Beans is a silly GT.
> >
> > This thread will now be about talking about it.
>
> No
>
>
> I’m against perks as well. I’m fine with customizable loadouts, but Halo never really needed perks, at least IMO. I’m mostly worried about Dexterity, as it’ll probably be used by everyone and their moms like Sleight of Hand in CoD, but I guess we’ll see.

Dexterity is the one I’m afraid of too. Who needs to wait a while to reload rockets when it takes half the time?

Those little moments mean a lot in Halo.

> they may not “affect” gameplay that much.

I laugh at anyone who actually believes that.

They’re just going to make the game worse than Reach.

Only salvation any true Halo mutliplayer fan has is MLG or maybe, just maybe the “classic” playlist.

> > > Capt Beans is a silly GT.
> > >
> > > This thread will now be about talking about it.
> >
> > No
> >
> >
> > I’m against perks as well. I’m fine with customizable loadouts, but Halo never really needed perks, at least IMO. I’m mostly worried about Dexterity, as it’ll probably be used by everyone and their moms like Sleight of Hand in CoD, but I guess we’ll see.
>
> Dexterity is the one I’m afraid of too. Who needs to wait a while to reload rockets when it takes half the time?
>
> Those little moments mean a lot in Halo.

Yeah, Dexterity has me worried to. Lord help me when I run across a Rocket Launcher-wielder with Dexterity.

> > they may not “affect” gameplay that much.
>
> I laugh at anyone who actually believes that.
>
> They’re just going to make the game worse than Reach.
>
> Only salvation any true Halo mutliplayer fan has is MLG or maybe, just maybe the “classic” playlist.

That’s what I’m afraid of. Halo has done fine without perks, and it sure doesn’t need any now.

I don’t understand the idea of the word clutter in this “perk” or the loadout system. Shouldn’t games now-a-days tailor to different playstyles rather than giving someone a rifle and saying, “Well I hope you’re better at long range than the other person.” The more customization the better. Get away from the word “clutter” as it doesn’t even mean anything. Just someone coming up with another BS topic to complain about.

Honest opinion: It looks 100% like -Yoink-.

I hope there will be many classic playlists.

> true Halo mutliplayer fan

Because there is a dictionary definition for a ‘true’ multiplayer fan.

smh

I oppose perks and I wish they weren’t in the game at all. I’m fine with the AAs so long as they aren’t too ridiculous. Promethean Vision and the Regen field seem to fit that bill.

> I don’t understand the idea of the word clutter in this “perk” or the loadout system. Shouldn’t games now-a-days tailor to different playstyles rather than giving someone a rifle and saying, “Well I hope you’re better at long range than the other person.” The more customization the better. Get away from the word “clutter” as it doesn’t even mean anything. Just someone coming up with another BS topic to complain about.

Oh, I must have forgotten that a skill gap is a bad thing.

Oh wait, it isn’t.

> I don’t understand the idea of the word clutter in this “perk” or the loadout system. Shouldn’t games now-a-days tailor to different playstyles rather than giving someone a rifle and saying, “Well I hope you’re better at long range than the other person.” The more customization the better. Get away from the word “clutter” as it doesn’t even mean anything. Just someone coming up with another BS topic to complain about.

The idea behind perks and classes is that you get to tailor your weapons and abilities to your playing style.

This is good in theory, and I’m all for customization and allowing people to go into matchmaking ‘their way’. However, when it’s at the expense of balanced starts and allows players to ‘cover their mistakes’, then it becomes a problem.

Some people think the dynamic of “Oh crap, they’re using this now - better change my loadout…oh man, they’re using that now, better change to this.” creates discernible variety and creates interesting combat. All it really does is leave matches up to chance and luck, as you’ll never know what somebody has till you encounter them, and when you change to counter that, they’ve also changed it.

But we can sit here and discuss Halo semantics all night and for the next 6 weeks. None of it will matter until we’ve had our hands on the game.