Perk System?

So someone at 343 (I think Frank O’Connor) mentioned something about a perk system. Nothing more was revealed. Anyone have more info? Will they be more like armor abilities or something totally different? What do you want it to be?

They said it wouldn’t be like CoD and that it would effect your armor in some way. All I know.

I hope it’s somewhat like AA in terms of jet pack and evade, but not armor lock and stuff.

"I’ve responded to it a couple of times. There aren’t “perks” in the game as being described here. And classic Halo is still there. But there are things we will be rolling out soon to put all of this discussion in a much better perspective and I suspect calm frayed nerves.
"

-Frankie on perks

Check out this thread

i think that guy is on to something !

maybe perks are something very minor like :

extra grenades
extra ammo
etc?

either the best thing to come to halo or worst!

He never said the word perks, besides what I’m about to link. And it is not ‘perks’!

> They said it wouldn’t be like CoD and that it would effect your armor in some way. All I know.

I really hope its not something like extra shielding on the shoulder or a more resistant chest peice…

> Check out this thread
>
> i think that guy is on to something !
>
> maybe perks are something very minor like :
>
> extra grenades
> extra ammo
> etc?

That’s interesting… I guess that would help the gameplay.

I really hope that they get rid of the AA! It really changed the way halo was ment to be played. Don’t get me wrong, reach was and is a great game but this is back to the chief! I want the good old fashioned halo gameplay.You, the spartan, and the BR. I’m sure it won’t be a disappointment.