Perhaps You're Just Burnt Out?

Once the Halo Infinite honeymoon period ended, we started seeing people talk about how bored they’d grown of the game. This is fair, given the limited content. But these people also seem to have invested the entirety of their gaming hours into this one game since November, based off comments on completing the battle pass/etc…

I’m not here to make excuses for Halo Infinite. But maybe you’d enjoy it again if you took a break to play something else?

7 Likes

If it’s a good game I don’t get bored of it. The burn out only happens when things are repetitive and there is a lot of that in this game

2 Likes

I’m bored of multiplayer, reached level 60 in the battle pass so far and just can’t bring myself to play at the moment. Not put that much time into it at all, but there’s just more fun games out there than this. Hell, at this point, even Fortnite feels more fun to play than Halo.

The campaign though? I could spend hours hunting around Zeta Halo looking for things to do, the problem with that is that there really isn’t all that much there to do in the first place. It’s a shame, all the pieces seem to be there, but they don’t seem to be able to put it all together.

I do the challenges with the time I have available, I have a small burnout, play other games, or spend time on other hobbies, get back on Halo, rinse and repeat.

This week I couldn’t even bear myself to get three killjoys for the ultimate ( after swapping out two other Killjoy challenges, to ones I could complete in a timely fashion ), even though I had a whole day worth of time to get them. I managed, three to five matches, don’t recall. After which I had gotten Zero killjoys despite playing poorly. Because why not get worse opponents than yourself and super allies.
Anyway, what I am experiencing after the challenges, if I’ve played a week to complete them, is a minor Halo burnout, and no matter how much I’d like to, I can’t find the will to play “normally”.

I either have very little sense of progression by not doing challenges, which wears on my playing motivation, or I do the challenges which cause a small burnout.

Frankly, I don’t enjoy it more after a break. The enjoyment is there but there’s too much other stuff getting in the way.

After I completed the BP a couple of months ago I took a break and played something else. Did me a world of good but something kept drawing me back to Halo Infinite. I guess I just actually enjoy playing it, so I’m not sure when I’ll truly get burnt out but at this rate it won’t happen for a long time.

Yep, burnout is definitely a good response to a lot of criticisms levelled at the game, but it’s equally important to note that the criticisms should be made. Voice your concerns, and then leave. If 343i/Xbox division see user retention go down through login numbers, they can go to the forums and know why.

It’s the old game developer adage: players know how to identify problems, but they don’t know how to fix them. Let the devs know the problem, and then use your time more wisely elsewhere. ^^

1 Like

It is the main reason for the high amnt of players leaving. We’ve all played this before. One match plays the exact same as the next. The only good matches for me are the objective ones where I have to use alittle over quarter of my brain to do something differently for once in the game, but even that has been done before.

IMHO and many people will disagree, halo infinite lacks enough innovation to keep it relevant.

2 Likes