Perhaps we should get rid of loadout unlocks.

In a recent Bungie mailsack, Andrew Friedland, an Engineer at Bungie said this:

> When players are picking from a pool of options, they are much happier with the decisions they make when provided all of the options simultaneously instead of sequentially.

And I agree with him personally as well. I’d much rather have all of my gameplay choices provided simultaneously instead of sequentially. Having to go through with a lot of matches just to get the items you want for your own purposes can get very tiresome. So, maybe we should get rid of unlocking loadout options altogether.

It was originally done to give players a sense of progress as they played through a lot of matchmaking games. It’s an admirable goal to be sure, however, that sense of progress can still be attained through other means like rank and added appearance customization. Things that we already have. I’m sure we can introduce other things as well. All of this now just makes unlocking loadout options seem redundant.

You didn’t even have to play MP to unlock the loadout choices. You merely had to gain XP.

That said, the system is definitely flawed.

> You didn’t even have to play MP to unlock the loadout choices. You merely had to gain XP.
>
> That said, the system is definitely flawed.

True I hate SO and FF xp farmers

> You didn’t even have to play MP to unlock the loadout choices. You merely had to gain XP.
>
> That said, the system is definitely flawed.

Sorry, I should have rephrased. Having to do any matches at all as a prerequisite for loadout unlocks is very annoying to me.

I’ve got a better idea, let’s get rid of Loadouts all together!

Actually: let’s just rid of Perks completely, make Armor Abilities map pickups, make the player only spawn with Frags, and let the player only choose their Primary Weapon (AR, BR, DMR, LR, CC, SR, S, NR, PR, SMG, etc.)

That would be balanced, and it wouldn’t be completely CoDified.

> I’ve got a better idea, let’s get rid of Loadouts all together!
>
> Actually: let’s just rid of Perks completely, make Armor Abilities map pickups, make the player only spawn with Frags, and let the player only choose their Primary Weapon (AR, BR, DMR, LR, CC, SR, S, NR, PR, SMG, etc.)
>
> That would be balanced, and it wouldn’t be completely CoDified.

I and many others like loadouts and AAs and the can work well if they’re balanced properly which they have not been thus far

Oh battlefields like Cod because it has loadouts, oh gears of war is like cod because you can select your weapons etc.

> > I’ve got a better idea, let’s get rid of Loadouts all together!
> >
> > Actually: let’s just rid of Perks completely, make Armor Abilities map pickups, make the player only spawn with Frags, and let the player only choose their Primary Weapon (AR, BR, DMR, LR, CC, SR, S, NR, PR, SMG, etc.)
> >
> > That would be balanced, and it wouldn’t be completely CoDified.
>
> I and many others like loadouts and AAs and the can work well if they’re balanced properly which they have not been thus far
>
> Oh battlefields like Cod because it has loadouts, oh gears of war is like cod because you can select your weapons etc.

To balance AA’s you have to make them pickups, as for loadouts there is not way to make them balanced and they simply destroy gameplay.

> > > I’ve got a better idea, let’s get rid of Loadouts all together!
> > >
> > > Actually: let’s just rid of Perks completely, make Armor Abilities map pickups, make the player only spawn with Frags, and let the player only choose their Primary Weapon (AR, BR, DMR, LR, CC, SR, S, NR, PR, SMG, etc.)
> > >
> > > That would be balanced, and it wouldn’t be completely CoDified.
> >
> > I and many others like loadouts and AAs and the can work well if they’re balanced properly which they have not been thus far
> >
> > Oh battlefields like Cod because it has loadouts, oh gears of war is like cod because you can select your weapons etc.
>
> To balance AA’s you have to make them pickups, as for loadouts there is not way to make them balanced and they simply destroy gameplay.

Simple make AL last 1-2 seconds for one whole use
AC is tricky but buffing it will encourage movement
Jetpack becomes a jump pack making map jumping easier and ire creative for forgers

They seem to be the only bad AA in the eyes if the community so balancing them would make AAs almost completely fine. Im against placing them as map pick ups since it would make them not really worth it since they don’t get used really often enough and once you’ve picked it up you wont use that often

I agree that all loadout options should be available from start and armor and weapon skins should be gained for leveling and challenges.

> I agree that all loadout options should be available from start and armor and weapon skins should be gained for leveling and challenges.

That would be absurd in my opinion, but I would like to be able to personalize my weapon. Oh well, I guess it could work. But I’m sure that quite a bit of people would be skeptical.

> > I agree that all loadout options should be available from start and armor and weapon skins should be gained for leveling and challenges.
>
> That would be absurd in my opinion, but I would like to be able to personalize my weapon. Oh well, I guess it could work. But I’m sure that quite a bit of people would be skeptical.

Whats so absurd, its the same as now but just the loadout options are all available?

> > > I agree that all loadout options should be available from start and armor and weapon skins should be gained for leveling and challenges.
> >
> > That would be absurd in my opinion, but I would like to be able to personalize my weapon. Oh well, I guess it could work. But I’m sure that quite a bit of people would be skeptical.
>
> Whats so absurd, its the same as now but just the loadout options are all available?

It isn’t necessarily absurd, in fact I like the idea, but it would certainly be surrounded in negativity.

It is a CoD aspect after all, but it’s something from Call of Duty that can actually work with Halo. After all, Halo is about Customization.

Be it in Custom Games, Forge, Armor, it’s a face of the franchise. One that coexists with balance (the personal loadouts system does not, but it can be adjusted).

loadouts will probably be part of the next game and well i think there should be competitive playlists with even starts the infinity playlists that will have them i want to see changed. i think you should only have primary, secondary, grenade, and armor ability. i can understand peoples AA’s want for them to be a map pick up and im kool with that if thats the direction they go in but perks or the tacitical/support packages need to be gone.

> It isn’t necessarily absurd, in fact I like the idea, but it would certainly be surrounded in negativity.
>
> It is a CoD aspect after all, but it’s something from Call of Duty that can actually work with Halo. After all, Halo is about Customization.
>
> Be it in Custom Games, Forge, Armor, it’s a face of the franchise. One that coexists with balance (the personal loadouts system does not, but it can be adjusted).

Actually, to make everything available from the start would make it less like CoD. As far as what items you can pick in a loadout, yeah it does need to be balanced IMO. A good loadout system for Halo will give players a choice to customize their starting offensive playstyle yet still keep everyone on a level playing field at the end of the day while still keeping the weapons around the map relevant.

In terms of Custom Games and Firefight (if we get it) though, the loadout system should be kept just as it is. In those cases, it just adds more options for players to customize matches to their liking.

> Simple make AL last 1-2 seconds for one whole use
> AC is tricky but buffing it will encourage movement
> Jetpack becomes a jump pack making map jumping easier and ire creative for forgers
>
> They seem to be the only bad AA in the eyes if the community so balancing them would make AAs almost completely fine. Im against placing them as map pick ups since it would make them not really worth it since they don’t get used really often enough and once you’ve picked it up you wont use that often

No offense but why in prophets name do we want to see the return of AL? Any iteration of it is uneeded.

I have beef with several armor abilities. Jet Pack, Promethean Vision, and Active Camo. Jet Pack breaks map flow, it renders most of my cover useless. The only solution I see to Jet Pack is remove it from the load out and treat it as a vehicle on map. Players pick it up and drop it upon death. 343i could make it destructible like a vehicle as well.

ON TOPIC

I agree that any gameplay advantage should be availble from the start.

Perhaps we should get rid of loadouts.

Amen. I would much rather, if we are going to stick to the loadout system (especially Halo 4’s), give players all the options right away.

For progress, keep that to armor and weapon skins, stuff that doesn’t affect the gameplay.

> > Simple make AL last 1-2 seconds for one whole use
> > AC is tricky but buffing it will encourage movement
> > Jetpack becomes a jump pack making map jumping easier and ire creative for forgers
> >
> > They seem to be the only bad AA in the eyes if the community so balancing them would make AAs almost completely fine. Im against placing them as map pick ups since it would make them not really worth it since they don’t get used really often enough and once you’ve picked it up you wont use that often
>
> No offense but why in prophets name do we want to see the return of AL? Any iteration of it is uneeded.
>
> I have beef with several armor abilities. Jet Pack, Promethean Vision, and Active Camo. Jet Pack breaks map flow, it renders most of my cover useless. The only solution I see to Jet Pack is remove it from the load out and treat it as a vehicle on map. Players pick it up and drop it upon death. 343i could make it destructible like a vehicle as well.
>
>
> ON TOPIC
>
> I agree that any gameplay advantage should be availble from the start.

AL when used how it was intended to stop the rare instant kill blow it worked flawlessly, however the duration led to the slowed down gameplay hence why I want its duration changed to barely nothing so timing requires skill. The could make it act like an over-shield so that it works exactly like AL but you can take damage.

I agree that jetpack is absolutely horrible but making it a jump pack would keep its purpose but balance it.

AAs should stay since without them many more things would be ruined than gained. Just remove jetpack or make it a jump pack and have a classic playlist for those who dont like that style of play

Yeah, I 100% support Custom Loadouts in Halo. But having to unlock the stuff wasn’t that good of an idea, IMO. Yeah, it didn’t take long to unlock them all, but you shouldn’t be forced to that.

No loadouts > pre-set loadouts > OP’s idea > what we have now

P.S. Stupid waypoint syntax…