Performance really bad on pc

Hey, so i finally got to try out the flight and the game is really cool, but oh god i was disappointed with the performance, with everything set to low i get 40-50 fps only on 1080p
The config :
Ryzen 5 2600x
Rtx 2060
8*2gb ram 3000mhz
The fact that the game doesn’t look that good make it even more frustrating, so i really hope performance wise the game will get a lot better (Or maybe is there a workaround i don’t seem to know ?)
Still have fun for this flight, the game is still pretty cool aside from that

what settings are you running at? turn off vsync? update gpu drivers, and use task manager to figure out if your cpu, gpu, or hard drive are the bottleneck

Your computer does not meet the recommended system specifications for Halo Infinite:

• OS: Windows 10 19H2 x64 - Processor: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X or Intel i7-9700k - Memory: 16 GB RAM - Graphics: Radeon RX 5700 XT or Nvidia RTX 2070 - DirectX: Version 12 - Storage: 50 GB availableYou will have to adjust your expectations or upgrade your hardware. Try tweaking your PC and game settings until you are (relatively) happy with the results. Otherwise you can benchmark resource usage and upgrade the bottle-necked component. I suspect your CPU is particularly under-powered for this game.

> 2615706747871472;3:
> Your computer does not meet the recommended system specifications for Halo Infinite:
> - OS: Windows 10 19H2 x64 - Processor: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X or Intel i7-9700k - Memory: 16 GB RAM - Graphics: Radeon RX 5700 XT or Nvidia RTX 2070 - DirectX: Version 12 - Storage: 50 GB availableYou will have to adjust your expectations or upgrade your hardware. Try tweaking your PC and game settings until you are (relatively) happy with the results. Otherwise you can benchmark resource usage and upgrade the bottle-necked component. I suspect your CPU is particularly under-powered for this game.

He does however fit the minimum spec requirements.

Here’s what 343 Industries lists as the minimum required specs for Halo Infinite:

• OS: Windows 10 RS3 x64 - CPU: Intel i5-4440 or AMD FX-8370 - GPU: NVIDIA GTX 1050 Ti or AMD RX 570 - RAM: 8GB - Storage: 50GBI dont even have access to the beta and I have:

• i7-9750 - Nvidia 1080 - 64gb 3000hz ram - 4x 2to ssdNO FCKG BETA FOR ME !

You can tell theres something wrong about the frametime of the game, FPS counter says im 90-120 fps, but it feels like there are frames that comes out at 30+ millisec, its not a stutter, but it really feels jittery on the eyes, its not smooth. Hopefully it gets fixed before release. Games really fun tho.

“Minimum system specifications” do not guarantee a quality experience. They are the bare minimum you need to run the game at the lowest settings. The “recommended system specifications” are guidelines for achieving acceptable performance. You need to exceed them if you want high frame rate or detail.

Honestly the game doesnt even look that impressive graphically to have those recommended settings.

This was a major issue in the past builds and i thought that they would fix it. Shame…

They best hope it is not like this at launch

I got a Ryzen 5 3600 with 24gb ram and a rtx 3070. I should easily be able to run this…

I agree the game needs more performance optimization. I have a Ryzen 4800x and RTX 3080. I run Gears 5 at 1440P 144FPS Ultra settings. In this flight, I am getting around 90FPS 1440P with a combination of High and Ultra settings. Hopefully they can find ways to improve performance across all hardware.

Don’t quote me on this since I really don’t know but it could be that they’re collecting debug information during the flights.
It takes a lot more grunt than one would think only to check and assert on flags, collect telemetry from internal subsystems and so one.

I’ve got a Ryzen 5 5600x and an RTX 2070 and I have to play on low for acceptable frames. Why?

> 2615706747871472;3:
> Your computer does not meet the recommended system specifications for Halo Infinite:
> - OS: Windows 10 19H2 x64 - Processor: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X or Intel i7-9700k - Memory: 16 GB RAM - Graphics: Radeon RX 5700 XT or Nvidia RTX 2070 - DirectX: Version 12 - Storage: 50 GB availableYou will have to adjust your expectations or upgrade your hardware. Try tweaking your PC and game settings until you are (relatively) happy with the results. Otherwise you can benchmark resource usage and upgrade the bottle-necked component. I suspect your CPU is particularly under-powered for this game.

This is silly. Recommended specs are there to show the performance developers intended for the audience to show off higher end graphical detail + effects at an acceptable performance level. If one was going to get similar performance and smoothness with lower end specs, then it would fall into the category of minimum specs with a trade off of lower graphical processing. That’s how it’s always been.

His CPU is a hexacore SMT processor with a 3.6 Ghz base clock and 4.2 boost clock, there’s nothing underpowered about it. For a game that supposedly runs well on a vanilla Xbone, he should be getting much better performance. Not to mention that even those with high end builds are not getting the experience they should be on paper compared to other games.

> 2533274875834611;12:
> > 2615706747871472;3:
> > Your computer does not meet the recommended system specifications for Halo Infinite:
> > - OS: Windows 10 19H2 x64 - Processor: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X or Intel i7-9700k - Memory: 16 GB RAM - Graphics: Radeon RX 5700 XT or Nvidia RTX 2070 - DirectX: Version 12 - Storage: 50 GB availableYou will have to adjust your expectations or upgrade your hardware. Try tweaking your PC and game settings until you are (relatively) happy with the results. Otherwise you can benchmark resource usage and upgrade the bottle-necked component. I suspect your CPU is particularly under-powered for this game.
>
> This is silly. Recommended specs are there to show the performance developers intended for the audience to show off higher end graphical detail + effects at an acceptable performance level. If one was going to get similar performance and smoothness with lower end specs, then it would fall into the category of minimum specs with a trade off of lower graphical processing. That’s how it’s always been.
>
> His CPU is a hexacore SMT processor with a 3.6 Ghz base clock and 4.2 boost clock, there’s nothing underpowered about it. For a game that supposedly runs well on a vanilla Xbone, he should be getting much better performance. Not to mention that even those with high end builds are not getting the experience they should be on paper compared to other games.

There is no common standard for “minimum system specifications” and “recommended system specifications.” They are arbitrary points of reference set by the game developer. Some companies provide expected performance benchmarks but we do not have any for Halo Infinite. We each have our own interpretation of the requirements.

Also your characterization of the CPU is misleading. The number of cores and clock speed are not the only important factors. if they were, then processor performance must have been stagnant for the last six years. There have been several platform level improvements between generations of AMD and Intel processors. The Ryzen 2600X is a budget processor from 2018.

Using -USEALLAVALIBLECORES in my launch options on steam helped a little
But like other people pointed out, the game feels like it’s running at a lower framerate than it actually is for some reason

> 2535452970996256;5:
> You can tell theres something wrong about the frametime of the game, FPS counter says im 90-120 fps, but it feels like there are frames that comes out at 30+ millisec, its not a stutter, but it really feels jittery on the eyes, its not smooth. Hopefully it gets fixed before release. Games really fun tho.

Same issue here and it’s pretty annoying.

> 2615706747871472;3:

Nah. I’m on a 3700x at 1440p high/ultra with 100+ fps. A 2600x shouldn’t have any problems locking at least 60 at low settings. Something is wrong, whether it the game or his setup who knows.

Recommanded spec doesn’t mean a lot generally when some game need more like Red Dead 2 then what they ask or the opposite for some game
To be honest, with how the game look and the fact that it release on Xbox one, i don’t want to think it’s my spec the problem, just really bad performance overall on PC.
And when you look at like how Doom Eternal run and look on PC and even Xbox One, it’s a bit sad

> 2533274855859461;17:
> Recommanded spec doesn’t mean a lot generally when some game need more like Red Dead 2 then what they ask or the opposite for some game
> To be honest, with how the game look and the fact that it release on Xbox one, i don’t want to think it’s my spec the problem, just really bad performance overall on PC.
> And when you look at like how Doom Eternal run and look on PC and even Xbox One, it’s a bit sad

I agree the game is poorly optimized. I hope they can improve performance but that is beyond our control. The only thing you can do is change your settings or hardware. Fingers crossed they find some performance bug that gives everyone a huge boost!

I will say games like Doom Eternal and Gears 5 are extremely optimized. They are the exception and not the rule for performance efficiency. I wouldn’t expect Halo Infinite to reach those levels with the release just a few months away.

> 2535467822283778;15:
> > 2535452970996256;5:
> > You can tell theres something wrong about the frametime of the game, FPS counter says im 90-120 fps, but it feels like there are frames that comes out at 30+ millisec, its not a stutter, but it really feels jittery on the eyes, its not smooth. Hopefully it gets fixed before release. Games really fun tho.
>
> Same issue here and it’s pretty annoying.

Are you running afterburner by chance?

> 2535452970996256;5:
> You can tell theres something wrong about the frametime of the game, FPS counter says im 90-120 fps, but it feels like there are frames that comes out at 30+ millisec, its not a stutter, but it really feels jittery on the eyes, its not smooth. Hopefully it gets fixed before release. Games really fun tho.

I am experiencing a similar situation. 2700x/vega64/32gb 3200