Perfect kills

I have quite a bit of time in halo 5, and a lot of that was spent in higher ranked games, but something I haven’t been able to place in this game is why it’s so much more abnormal and difficult to get perfect kills. For all of the previous halos except reach it wasn’t that hard to get a perfect kill. Reach had to do with bloom. Ce and 2 may have had more generous hitboxes, but 3 should’ve been more difficult. 4 was fairly easy as well, being more like 2 in regards to this. The movement isn’t all that much different in a gun fight. Ghandi hopping existed instead of the obnoxious crouch strafing to this extent. I’m mostly just curious as to what others peoples thoughts are on this since I can’t exactly pin down what the difference is other than maybe smaller hitboxes.

Did Halo 3 have a medal for perfect kills? I forget; if it did I never got any lol. I think Halo 5 makes it much easier to move around and dodge shots. You mentioned crouch strafing. Everyone is able to thrust out of the way in a pinch. These mechanics make for quick game-play which can make shootouts tougher.

Like posted above, H5 has a lot more movement abilities which can make it more difficult to hit people and it could be that you’re not actually hitting all your shots like you might think.

> 2533274823470699;2:
> Did Halo 3 have a medal for perfect kills? I forget; if it did I never got any lol. I think Halo 5 makes it much easier to move around and dodge shots. You mentioned crouch strafing. Everyone is able to thrust out of the way in a pinch. These mechanics make for quick game-play which can make shootouts tougher.

It did not, just that a 4 burst kill with a br is far more common. Thrusting isn’t something I see very often when strafing in a gun fight. Halo 2 has a high base movement speed and is very tight control wise, with maps being quite small in comparison.

> 2727626560040591;3:
> Like posted above, H5 has a lot more movement abilities which can make it more difficult to hit people and it could be that you’re not actually hitting all your shots like you might think.

Most of those abilities aren’t being used in a 1 on 1 shootout though. I’m not saying that I think I’m hitting my shots. I’m not saying hit registration is an issue. Something feels different though. The only ability to affect strafing fights thrusting, and it’s not seen all that often.

I think in settings there is a strafe accel setting it could be this throwing things out , only a guess though ?

> 2533274884665671;4:
> > 2533274823470699;2:
> > Did Halo 3 have a medal for perfect kills? I forget; if it did I never got any lol. I think Halo 5 makes it much easier to move around and dodge shots. You mentioned crouch strafing. Everyone is able to thrust out of the way in a pinch. These mechanics make for quick game-play which can make shootouts tougher.
>
> It did not, just that a 4 burst kill with a br is far more common. Thrusting isn’t something I see very often when strafing in a gun fight. Halo 2 has a high base movement speed and is very tight control wise, with maps being quite small in comparison.

It could have to do with hit boxes then. I trust you probably hit a lot of your shots - K/D and CSR are both pretty high. No point in telling you to practice more since you’d most likely beat me in a 1v1 lol.

It’s actually not that abnormal, I see many get a lot of perfects in games no problem

Eh, I can understand OP’s feeling with the aim but in no manner does it feel the same for me. Can’t say for original trilogy games as I haven’t played them that much but H2 Anniversary, Reach, 4 and 5 are all quite easy to get perfect kills in, especially H2 anniversary and H4 with their ridiculous aim assis and magnetism.

If we exclude thrust I can’t really say what makes OP’s shots feel weird. Perhaps it’s because gunfights happen on average at farther distances in H5 than previous games. Perhaps it’s just the feel in the basic movement and strafing speed and acceleration of spartans.

I’d personally be so happy if H5 had even slightly less aim assist and magnetism than it currently has. It’s just so easy to aim overall, one example is that one season in ranked Team Arena a little over 10% of all of my kills were perfect kills with an average accuracy of little over 60%, (on champion level that is.)

To each their own I guess. I feel like perfect kills in this game are easier than any other halo. That may just be because I’ve played it so much, but I think the crazy amounts of bullet magnetism also factor in

> 2533274874385787;9:
> Eh, I can understand OP’s feeling with the aim but in no manner does it feel the same for me. Can’t say for original trilogy games as I haven’t played them that much but H2 Anniversary, Reach, 4 and 5 are all quite easy to get perfect kills in, especially H2 anniversary and H4 with their ridiculous aim assis and magnetism.
>
> If we exclude thrust I can’t really say what makes OP’s shots feel weird. Perhaps it’s because gunfights happen on average at farther distances in H5 than previous games. Perhaps it’s just the feel in the basic movement and strafing speed and acceleration of spartans.
>
> I’d personally be so happy if H5 had even slightly less aim assist and magnetism than it currently has. It’s just so easy to aim overall, one example is that one season in ranked Team Arena a little over 10% of all of my kills were perfect kills with an average accuracy of little over 60%, (on champion level that is.)

H2A and 4 are pretty easy to hit perfect kills on. The distance thing may be something, but part of me feels like it may have something to do with hitboxes being smaller and more precise, like looking at the halo 5 magnum reticle vs older games. Not that it’s a bad thing or something wrong with the game. Part of me wonders if there’s something with the br. I did notice that the br had recoil in halo 5, unlike the others except 4. since it always feels like maybe one bullet out of a burst doesn’t hit. Maybe it’s something with bleedthrough, but I also wonder if it’s a change to the speed at which the bullets come out in the burst. How can I see a percentage for perfect kills like that?

> 2533274823470699;7:
> > 2533274884665671;4:
> > > 2533274823470699;2:
> > > Did Halo 3 have a medal for perfect kills? I forget; if it did I never got any lol. I think Halo 5 makes it much easier to move around and dodge shots. You mentioned crouch strafing. Everyone is able to thrust out of the way in a pinch. These mechanics make for quick game-play which can make shootouts tougher.
> >
> > It did not, just that a 4 burst kill with a br is far more common. Thrusting isn’t something I see very often when strafing in a gun fight. Halo 2 has a high base movement speed and is very tight control wise, with maps being quite small in comparison.
>
> It could have to do with hit boxes then. I trust you probably hit a lot of your shots - K/D and CSR are both pretty high. No point in telling you to practice more since you’d most likely beat me in a 1v1 lol.

I’m not sure what it is really, just trying to figure out what feels different. If the game has a perfect kill medal as a medal then it makes me wonder why they would if it’s as common. I appreciate the truth though lol.

> 2533274884665671;11:
> > 2533274874385787;9:
> > Eh, I can understand OP’s feeling with the aim but in no manner does it feel the same for me. Can’t say for original trilogy games as I haven’t played them that much but H2 Anniversary, Reach, 4 and 5 are all quite easy to get perfect kills in, especially H2 anniversary and H4 with their ridiculous aim assis and magnetism.
> >
> > If we exclude thrust I can’t really say what makes OP’s shots feel weird. Perhaps it’s because gunfights happen on average at farther distances in H5 than previous games. Perhaps it’s just the feel in the basic movement and strafing speed and acceleration of spartans.
> >
> > I’d personally be so happy if H5 had even slightly less aim assist and magnetism than it currently has. It’s just so easy to aim overall, one example is that one season in ranked Team Arena a little over 10% of all of my kills were perfect kills with an average accuracy of little over 60%, (on champion level that is.)
>
> H2A and 4 are pretty easy to hit perfect kills on. The distance thing may be something, but part of me feels like it may have something to do with hitboxes being smaller and more precise, like looking at the halo 5 magnum reticle vs older games. Not that it’s a bad thing or something wrong with the game. Part of me wonders if there’s something with the br. I did notice that the br had recoil in halo 5, unlike the others except 4. since it always feels like maybe one bullet out of a burst doesn’t hit. Maybe it’s something with bleedthrough, but I also wonder if it’s a change to the speed at which the bullets come out in the burst. How can I see a percentage for perfect kills like that?

We’ll you can’t see the percentage of perfect kills right off the bat. I just calculated the ratio myself from the number of perfect kills and number of all kills during one season.

And yeah, after the weapon tuning update the BR’s burst is more spread out, the individual shots in the burst have a larger interval than in vanilla H5 and that makes it easier to miss parts of the burst. Add to that the recoil and it’s certainly harder to perfect with the BR now than in vanilla H5, but still relatively easy if the distance isn’t too long.

The hitboxes have always been quite precise in Halo IMO (excluding the occasional connection hitches where you get a headshot from a knee cap), it’s more about the magnetism. Halo 5 doesn’t have nearly as much magnetism as Halo Reach or 4 so comparing to those two at least the hitboxes might seem smaller, but it’s just the magnetism at work.

Too bad perfect kills don’t happen in swat, even if you kill them w/o missing a shot… which is what the medal says to do

> 2533274823470699;2:
> Did Halo 3 have a medal for perfect kills? I forget; if it did I never got any lol. I think Halo 5 makes it much easier to move around and dodge shots. You mentioned crouch strafing. Everyone is able to thrust out of the way in a pinch. These mechanics make for quick game-play which can make shootouts tougher.

Halo 3 did not have medals for perfect kills, but I agree with the tougher shootouts standpoint

Halo 5 is the easiest to get perfect kills in imo and Halo 2 is the hardest.