Per-Piece Armor Coatings on Armor Attachments Too?

With the introduction of armor coatings in Infinite and the re-introduction of armor attachments as seen in Halo: Reach, I was thinking that armor coatings could be taken a step further than just a color/texture combination for base armor and additionally be used for per-piece coating customization on armor attachments as well, similar to Destiny 2’s per-piece shader customization. Weapons and vehicles in Infinite have coatings too, why not allow for further customization on your Spartan and include coatings for each individual armor attachment as well? In terms of implementation, it would be great if our currently unlocked armor coatings could be used to individually coat our armor attachments as well. Thoughts?

Edit: This can also apply to prosthetics.

I would like that. I wonder if some coatings will factor this in.

We had a random black chest plate in the flight but barely matched well with any of the armour coatings.

Replying to your title, I feel like armor attachments and prostheses should have a toggle for armor coatings! Attachments being only grey doesn’t look good with some coatings, ruins the aesthetic imo.

> 2533274869439618;3:
> Replying to your title, I feel like armor attachments and prostheses should have a toggle for armor coatings! Attachments being only grey doesn’t look good with some coatings, ruins the aesthetic imo.

Definitely on you there, I think armor attachments AND prosthetics should both be given the per-piece coating treatment. I think just defaulting both to gray limits the customization.

I agree. I also hope that there is a ton of armor available like in H5.

Now that the game has released and we’ve experience Infinite’s customization system, most can agree the degree of freedom in customization is incredibly lackluster, at least in the present time of writing. I believe an implementation of this sometime within the next two seasons would be paramount to making the player-base feeling more engaged with customization in Infinite. Would anyone else like to see something like this implemented in the game?