People, you need to accept change!!!

You guys act like Halo 4 needs to be the same as Halo 1 and 2, but you guys dont understand what Halo Combat Evolved means. Halo is a series where things change and its not the same stuff you see in later installments like COD. If Halo 4 was to be the same as 2 and 3 then Halo would be no better than COD and the two would have even more in common because both of them wont change. 343 has done a great job at what they’ve done so far and are doing what they know is the right thing to do, and for the people who think that Halo still needs to stay the same, GO PLAY HALO 3. If anybody has anything they want to say about Halo 4, then post them on this thread and ill give you a reason for why its in Halo 4. Stop acting like CODFANBOYS and start accepting change and not the suckers who buy Call of Duty expecting everything to be different.

The thing is, the gameplay looks extremely similar to Reach’s to an extent. Thus, making it not different. I didn’t see anything new besides the scoreboard and a few other tiny tidbits, but other than those, the gameplay looks similar to Reach. By trying to please everyone, they will please few.

> The thing is, the gameplay looks extremely similar to Reach’s to an extent. Thus, making it not different. I didn’t see anything new besides the scoreboard and a few other tiny tidbits, but other than those, the gameplay looks similar to Reach. By trying to please everyone, they will please few.

How does the gameplay look similar to Halo: Reach? The only reason(s) I can think of is because someone was seen sprinting. That’s it. One feature from one entry of the series does not make for an extreme similarity.

> You guys act like Halo 4 needs to be the same as Halo 1 and 2, but you guys dont understand what Halo Combat Evolved means. Halo is a series where things change and its not the same stuff you see in later installments like COD. If Halo 4 was to be the same as 2 and 3 then Halo would be no better than COD and the two would have even more in common because both of them wont change. 343 has done a great job at what they’ve done so far and are doing what they know is the right thing to do, and for the people who think that Halo still needs to stay the same, GO PLAY HALO 3. If anybody has anything they want to say about Halo 4, then post them on this thread and ill give you a reason for why its in Halo 4. Stop acting like CODFANBOYS and start accepting change and not the suckers who buy Call of Duty expecting everything to be different.

Your post is sending the right message, believe me I sincerely hope people start accepting change.

However, we also need to understand that the classic Halo experience needs to stay aswell. People are getting caught between 1. Having a classic experience and 2.Having a new experience. Halo 4 is meeting in the middle, exactly how it should be.

It seems it’s hard for people to understand but a game can still keep the foundations of the classical experience whilst evolving ‘some’ aspects to effectively adapt it into a new game, Halo 4.

> The thing is, the gameplay looks extremely similar to Reach’s to an extent. Thus, making it not different. I didn’t see anything new besides the scoreboard and a few other tiny tidbits, but other than those, the gameplay looks similar to Reach. By trying to please everyone, they will please few.

Looks like Halo 3 to me besides the Sprinting…

I didn’t see any encounters where strafing could take place. Battles were more about how you encounter your opponent than individual skill, not an equal balance. Sprint and melee combos are apparently back. It just looked closer to Reach than other Halo game to me, its just my own perception.

People need to accept all change is not positive, in this case jetpack and sprint.

> People need to accept all change is not positive, in this case jetpack and sprint.

Certainly, but you can’t judge the these two concepts and their effect on matchmaking over a few seconds of gameplay.

It’s also most likely more of a thruster than a jetpack that we have seen in Reach.

343 DONT MAKE ARMOR EFFECT GAMEPLAY BECAUSE IT WILL GIVE UNFAIR ADVANTAGE TO THE REALLY SKILLED PLAYERS AND MAKING HORRIBLE TO THE NEW PLAYERS

> > People need to accept all change is not positive, in this case jetpack and sprint.
>
> Certainly, but you can’t judge the these two concepts and their effect on matchmaking over a few seconds of gameplay.
>
> It’s also most likely more of a thruster than a jetpack that we have seen in Reach.

We can because we had 2 years to test out these features in a Halo game. It doesn’t work.

I still do play Halo 3 actually.

You can’t compare Halo and CoD. They’re two completely different games.

Reach was change, do you remember how that turned out?

This guy did not just base his argument off the fact that the first Halo is called “Combat Evolved”.

This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not flame or attack other members.

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

Reads Title

Oh go to hell.

> > > People need to accept all change is not positive, in this case jetpack and sprint.
> >
> > Certainly, but you can’t judge the these two concepts and their effect on matchmaking over a few seconds of gameplay.
> >
> > It’s also most likely more of a thruster than a jetpack that we have seen in Reach.
>
> We can because we had 2 years to test out these features in a Halo game. It doesn’t work.

You haven’t even seen how the thruster/ jet pack will effect matchmaking. I think these sort of statements will become a lot more acceptable when we have actually seen them in action. Not over a 4minute video.

> You guys act like Halo 4 needs to be the same as Halo 1 and 2, but you guys dont understand what Halo Combat Evolved means. Halo is a series where things change and its not the same stuff you see in later installments like COD. If Halo 4 was to be the same as 2 and 3 then Halo would be no better than COD and the two would have even more in common because both of them wont change. 343 has done a great job at what they’ve done so far and are doing what they know is the right thing to do, and for the people who think that Halo still needs to stay the same, GO PLAY HALO 3. If anybody has anything they want to say about Halo 4, then post them on this thread and ill give you a reason for why its in Halo 4. Stop acting like CODFANBOYS and start accepting change and not the suckers who buy Call of Duty expecting everything to be different.

dude! accept us not accepting change, and go play reach…considering your statement you should like it!!!

getting tired of this sort of messages…we play halo cause we want halo…why change the basic principles of a game all of a sudden? we do accept change, but not in the basic principles of a game. that’s the whole point!

Honestly the gameplay looks more like Halo 3 which is a good thing

Halo 4 is seeing just as much change as Halo 1 did to Halo 2, and as Halo 2 did to Halo 3.

They have no room to complain yet.

> I didn’t see any encounters where strafing could take place.

Looks like strafing to me.

Looked like Halo 4 to me. This is the big issue with the Halo community, they get all defensive and complain about the tiniest thing, then it gets changed, then they complain about why it was changed. It’s an endless cycle.

How frustrated would you become if you were in a skirmish with another player that you know for a fact is less skilled… and then that clearly less skilled player kills you because he has a cheap AA?

I vote for the basic/default playlists to have an even playing field. Save AAs and the like for SPECIAL game modes and playlists. I would like to see the majority of this game’s population playing w/o that crap.