People who use a DMR plus BR...

…why?

I see this in Big Team, where people drop their AR for a DMR.

I don’t get it. What’s the point of having two weapons that fill the same role? It’s like having an AR and a Storm Rifle, or a shotgun and a sword, or a beam rifle and a sniper rifle.

Because they don’t fill the same role there are situations where I want a br and some where I want a dmr and very few where I want an AR

DMR and BR have slightly different roles. The BR is much more usable in close quarters in my opinion. Personally I don’t think this combo is as useless as having 2 snipers or an AR and Storm rifle, but I would still never use it.

> 2535416045257456;2:
> Because they don’t fill the same role there are situations where I want a br and some where I want a dmr and very few where I want an AR

They don’t have EXACTLY the same role as each other, true, but DMR + AR (SMG preferably) gives you a WAY larger amount of engagement options. I highly doubt these people will switch to their BR in the very minuscule amount of situations that call for it over the DMR. It’s just silly to think you’ll go “oh, this guy is slightly outside of DMR optimal range and slightly closer to BR optimal range. Let me just switch–oh, I’m dead”.

I picture your complaint on top of a deadlock base. Perhaps they intend to sit up there and long shot for a while? Yeah a close encounter may surprise them, but they can try out BR that…? What’s the problem here?

Shotgun and sword defending a warzone base from inside. Again, thats fine if thats their intention.

> 2533274805578773;5:
> I picture your complaint on top of a deadlock base. Perhaps they intend to sit up there and long shot for a while? Yeah a close encounter may surprise them, but they can try out BR that…? What’s the problem here?
>
> Shotgun and sword defending a warzone base from inside. Again, thats fine if thats their intention.

Makes sense actually. You could run out of ammo in one of the guns mid-kill and quickly switch to the other to finish them off.

> 2533274805578773;5:
> I picture your complaint on top of a deadlock base. Perhaps they intend to sit up there and long shot for a while? Yeah a close encounter may surprise them, but they can try out BR that…? What’s the problem here?

Why try to out-BR the close encounter when you could have just kept your close-range weapon? Because you’d rather have the BR for the slight advantage in mid-range combat that the DMR is perfectly capable of competing in with a little skill?

Basically, DMR + AR requires you to place a little bit more skill in mid-range than you would otherwise, whereas DMR + BR requires you to place a LOT more skill in close range than you would otherwise. The DMR’s a lot better at mid than the BR is at close.

> 2533274801472802;7:
> > 2533274805578773;5:
> > I picture your complaint on top of a deadlock base. Perhaps they intend to sit up there and long shot for a while? Yeah a close encounter may surprise them, but they can try out BR that…? What’s the problem here?
>
>
> Why try to out-BR the close encounter when you could have just kept your close-range weapon? Because you’d rather have the BR for the slight advantage in mid-range combat that the DMR is perfectly capable of competing in with a little skill?
>
> Basically, DMR + AR requires you to place a little bit more skill in mid-range than you would otherwise, whereas DMR + BR requires you to place a LOT more skill in close range than you would otherwise.

What? You tell me the DMR at mid is capable with skill, then tell me the players better off with an AR? Which is it? Lol… I know what you mean but there are times you don’t expect to end up close range? We have a minute plan ahead lets say and if the plan is to long shot, so be it. Yeah often will encounter surprises but thats where you ‘skill’ comes in.

I say if they are comfortable with a DMR and BR, and fancy their chances at playing that range in a game for a while, no problem.

I mean I get what you’re saying about not getting into close encounters often and taking your chances, but it would make a lot more sense if the DMR weren’t designed to be a “power BR”, so when you set up with a DMR and BR, you’re pretty much going to be using only the DMR. Kinda like the SMG is to the AR. Basically, when you see one of these weapons, you swap out the corresponding weapon to “upgrade” it. The DMR and SMG do have some situations where the BR and AR have an advantage over them, but overall their strengths outweigh their weaknesses.

Ill be honest. I’m crap at precision weapons, in this title anyway, so I’ll have an AR or SMG by my hip for sure. On occasion I’ve went for two long rangers, but as I said above, that’s when I intend to stay at those ranges. At times I will be surprised and need to improvise, yes. But I guess if others feel they are more capable than I am say, then so be it.

If your seeing people go for this option and end up pistol whipped, then by all means, give them some stern advice hahaha.

Personally I’d always keep my the AR, and switch out the BR for the DMR. But I know a lot of people just hate the AR. Sometimes for no reason other than just for the sake of hating it. In the end, people just take what they want to take ¯_(ツ)_/¯.

> 2533274802029738;11:
> Personally I’d always keep my the AR, and switch out the BR for the DMR. But I know a lot of people just hate the AR. Sometimes for no reason other than just for the sake of hating it. In the end, people just take what they want to take ¯_(ツ)_/¯.

Well, can’t argue with that.

> 2533274802029738;11:
> Personally I’d always keep my the AR, and switch out the BR for the DMR. But I know a lot of people just hate the AR. Sometimes for no reason other than just for the sake of hating it. In the end, people just take what they want to take ¯_(ツ)_/¯.

That’s probably what it mostly is. People who are so used to swapping out the AR for everything that they never stop and go “wait a minute, maybe I should keep it this time” or are so frustrated with it that they don’t care to actually learn how to use it properly.

> 2533274801472802;13:
> > 2533274802029738;11:
> > Personally I’d always keep my the AR, and switch out the BR for the DMR. But I know a lot of people just hate the AR. Sometimes for no reason other than just for the sake of hating it. In the end, people just take what they want to take ¯_(ツ)_/¯.
>
>
> That’s probably what it mostly is. People who are so used to swapping out the AR for everything that they never stop and go “wait a minute, maybe I should keep it this time” or are so frustrated with it that they don’t care to actually learn how to use it properly.

AR will get you killed against BR in a lot of situations though. I’m btb/warzone though, maybe your 4v4.

I’ll take anything over an AR. I hate having to use such an OP weapon to get a kill.

> 2535416233908839;15:
> I’ll take anything over an AR. I hate having to use such an OP weapon to get a kill.

Well, you’ve tought me some filthy manners.

not pactical! i never do it, sniper and br is perfect. dmr goes best with a close range weapon

Now I have 2 guns I can shoot at you from long range and I don’t have to reload just swap guns

A pro BR user can actually out-gun an average AR user in CQC. The DMR has the longest range of any non-sniper rifle. If someone is good with both, they can dominate a field without sacrificing any sort of niche.

I do this, rarely do i find myself in warzone on a situation the requires me to be up close, if it does 1 beat down and a shot wins… no need for ar. But i do find myself at long range so frequent that i would rather have a longer weapon to give me an edge.