People who like sprint for no reason are afraid.

We’ve tested and tweaked and tested and tweaked sprint in two full games and now a beta. (Soon to be full game this year)

It’s time to show once and for all whether Halo 5 plays better with or without sprint.
People who like sprint for either no reason or no good reason other than selfish ones are people who are holding the prospect of the best halo (possibly best shooter) back!

I ask you who are afraid of change (yes you people who believe only sprint works now) and of losing a feature forcefully implimented into two full games that you prefer for reasons that border on excuses and for benefitting a small group of players thus far:
What are you so afraid of in “no sprint week”? Are you afraid that the game will play better with faster run speed? That running faster AND having your gun up at all times (when you’re moving around the map, jumping, thrusting, etc) will prove to be the superior form of gameplay?

I absolutely believe that to be the case. Prove to me that you aren’t afraid of constantly reworking the gameplay and refining until it works perfectly.
No sprint week needs to be a real thing and will show once and for all whether people who believe that faster base speed were right or wrong.

After all people for going back to traditional CE forms of movement (a game with the FASTEST KILL TIMES IN THE SERIES) have no problem with putting their view point on the line for asking to have just one week without sprint.
If they are wrong they lose nothing but the argument to their case.

So what are YOU afraid of?
(If you truely believe sprint is the only way to move an FPS forward you lack creativity though sprint in itself is not inheritantly wrong)

I hope this ‘no sprint week’ thing becomes a reality just to show people how the maps will not work without sprint and everyone can finally shut up about it. Halo Reach and 4 had sprint just mindlessly implemented, but in Halo 5 it’s integrated thoughtfully with gameplay in mind and actually works really well.

This is like your 4th topic whining about sprint. Give it a rest you broken record. There is a reason your topics keep dropping off front page, because no one gives a -Yoink-.

Reported for duplicate posts.

I’m not afraid, sprint is needed for make the game dynamic and enjoyed, be more competitive and make front the other shooters like CoD, Destiny or BTF, here you a have a good reason.
The “Halo No Sprint Week” has no sense, Halo 5 will have sprint if you like or not, sorry. Also, the Halo 5 maps are designed for sprint and other Spartan Abilites. This is Halo 5 Beta and I like to see people who wants to make better the full game, but dude you can’t say that “We are afraid” just for like Sprint.

p.s. I guess all the pro players supporting sprint are afraid of it too. Face it, it’s just the novices that are bickering about changes.

Anyway, for sure 343 will bring a Halo Classic Playlist in Halo 5 Guardians multiplayer without Spartan Abilities, don’t worry

> 2661949065475413;3:
> This is like your 4th topic whining about sprint. Give it a rest you broken record. There is a reason your topics keep dropping off front page, because no one gives a -Yoink-.
>
> Reported for duplicate posts.

I know you didn’t really report because it’s more like three sprint threads all detailing different arguments.

1.) Keep sprint in and try it with weapons raised.

2.) A discussion thread on why Sprint worked for Reach and not four and why it should be out of five.

3.) A post to showcase people like you who can not accept multiple ways of playing Halo. You see in binaries.

There are infinite possibilities out there. I would make the beta all about trying new ways to play personally. Sprint/high base movement/some other forms of mechanics.

Halo needs options which is why customs are so important to Halo in the first place and work so well. We shouldn’t be keeping Halo grounded in “safe” modern industry standards they should be either trying new things or just do what works best. If sprint works best sure. But we don’t know until we try without it.

@Tribunis:
Maps are designed around faster map traversal times not sprint.

The mechanics related to sprining are deeper now, and defensive sprinting in particular has been nerfed.

The basic movement mechanics of h5, including sprint, are the most complex of a halo so far. I simply doubt you’ve actually masted h5 movement yet so please hold judgment until you do.

> 2533274813583846;8:
> > 2661949065475413;3:
> > This is like your 4th topic whining about sprint. Give it a rest you broken record. There is a reason your topics keep dropping off front page, because no one gives a -Yoink-.
> >
> > Reported for duplicate posts.
>
>
> I know you didn’t really report because it’s more like three sprint threads all detailing different arguments.
>
> 1.) Keep sprint in and try it with weapons raised.
>
> 2.) A discussion thread on why Sprint worked for Reach and not four and why it should be out of five.
>
> 3.) A post to showcase people like you who can not accept multiple ways of playing Halo. You see in binaries.
>
> There are infinite possibilities out there. I would make the beta all about trying new ways to play personally. Sprint/high base movement/some other forms of mechanics.
>
> Halo needs options which is why customs are so important to Halo in the first place and work so well. We shouldn’t be keeping Halo grounded in “safe” modern industry standards they should be either trying new things or just do what works best. If sprint works best sure. But we don’t know until we try without it.
>
> @Tribunis:
> Maps are designed around faster map traversal times not sprint.

Travel faster maps is the finality of sprint man

Reported…
Stop posting the same over and over again…nobody cares!

Here’s the bottom line: they need to sell games and attract new gamers. If you insist on keeping mechanics from a decade ago, new younger gamers will never play Halo. Yes, Halo 2 was the glory days, but refusing to allow the game to be modernized will result in the death of the franchise. Sprint is fine in this game, and well balanced. Give it a rest.

> 2533274892061674;12:
> Here’s the bottom line: they need to sell games and attract new gamers. If you insist on keeping mechanics from a decade ago, new younger gamers will never play Halo. Yes, Halo 2 was the glory days, but refusing to allow the game to be modernized will result in the death of the franchise. Sprint is fine in this game, and well balanced. Give it a rest.

This.

> 2533274885566464;10:
> Travel faster maps is the finality of sprint man

Map traversal* is just in reference to getting around the map.

High base speed and sprint are one and the same. Both ways to decrease map traversal time.

Sprint on the other hand ruins Halo’s movement flow by not allowing you to shoot. You have to sprint to certain positions to keep up all the while letting your guard down.

In halo you shouldn’t sacrifice your ability to fight to speed up gameplay.

I don’t care which Halo ends up with (sprint or high movement base speed) but I DO CARE that we as a community are not testing Halo without sprint AND with sprint all the same. Then the real debates can begin.

I do well at every Halo regardless.

> 2533274813583846;14:
> > 2533274885566464;10:
> > Travel faster maps is the finality of sprint man
>
>
> Map traversal* is just in reference to getting around the map.
>
> High base speed and sprint are one and the same. Both ways to decrease map traversal time.
>
> Sprint on the other hand ruins Halo’s movement flow by not allowing you to shoot. You have to sprint to certain positions to keep up all the while letting your guard down.
>
> In halo you shouldn’t sacrifice your ability to fight to speed up gameplay.
>
> I don’t care which Halo ends up with (sprint or high movement base speed) but I DO CARE that we as a community are not testing Halo without sprint AND with sprint all the same. Then the real debates can begin.
>
> I do well at every Halo regardless.

I understand your position but I disagree man, I have been playing since Halo 2 so like you and more people could test sprint, and it’s a great add. Sorry for some expressions, english isn’t my mother language

> 2533274885566464;15:
> > 2533274813583846;14:
> > > 2533274885566464;10:
> > > Travel faster maps is the finality of sprint man
> >
> >
> >
> > Map traversal* is just in reference to getting around the map.
> >
> > High base speed and sprint are one and the same. Both ways to decrease map traversal time.
> >
> > Sprint on the other hand ruins Halo’s movement flow by not allowing you to shoot. You have to sprint to certain positions to keep up all the while letting your guard down.
> >
> > In halo you shouldn’t sacrifice your ability to fight to speed up gameplay.
> >
> > I don’t care which Halo ends up with (sprint or high movement base speed) but I DO CARE that we as a community are not testing Halo without sprint AND with sprint all the same. Then the real debates can begin.
> >
> > I do well at every Halo regardless.
>
>
> I understand your position but I disagree man, I have been playing since Halo 2 so like you and more people could test sprint, and it’s a great add. Sorry for some expressions, english isn’t my mother language

Why would you disagree to testing this game without sprint? That is my only question.

Without resorting to arguments that kill debate such as “maps weren’t designed around no sprint”. (I assure you they were simply designed around fast movement) The animation and not having your weapon up while moving fast were for sure not factored in. (Really not something you design maps around in Halo)

> 2533274813583846;16:
> > 2533274885566464;15:
> > > 2533274813583846;14:
> > > > 2533274885566464;10:
> > > > Travel faster maps is the finality of sprint man
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > > Map traversal* is just in reference to getting around the map.
> > >
> > > High base speed and sprint are one and the same. Both ways to decrease map traversal time.
> > >
> > > Sprint on the other hand ruins Halo’s movement flow by not allowing you to shoot. You have to sprint to certain positions to keep up all the while letting your guard down.
> > >
> > > In halo you shouldn’t sacrifice your ability to fight to speed up gameplay.
> > >
> > > I don’t care which Halo ends up with (sprint or high movement base speed) but I DO CARE that we as a community are not testing Halo without sprint AND with sprint all the same. Then the real debates can begin.
> > >
> > > I do well at every Halo regardless.
> >
> >
> >
> > I understand your position but I disagree man, I have been playing since Halo 2 so like you and more people could test sprint, and it’s a great add. Sorry for some expressions, english isn’t my mother language
>
>
> Why would you disagree to testing this game without sprint? That is my only question.
>
> Without resorting to arguments that kill debate such as “maps weren’t designed around no sprint”. (I assure you they were simply designed around fast movement) The animation and not having your weapon up while moving fast were for sure not factored in. (Really not something you design maps around in Halo)

Simply, there are too many opiniones about this game, even Smart Scope, Thruster, Ground Pound…Sprint is a Spartan Abilitie like Smart Scope and the rest. There are people who likes Smart Scope and hates ground pound for example.
So the question is: Why testing Halo 5 without sprint just because there are a minority of people who doesn’t like while there are other minority of people who hates the other Spartan Abilities? Some people doesn’t like Ground Pound and they dont want a " No Ground Pound Week" and some people doesnt like Smart Scope and they dont want a “No Smart Scope Week”

> 2533274892061674;12:
> Here’s the bottom line: they need to sell games and attract new gamers. If you insist on keeping mechanics from a decade ago, new younger gamers will never play Halo. Yes, Halo 2 was the glory days, but refusing to allow the game to be modernized will result in the death of the franchise. Sprint is fine in this game, and well balanced. Give it a rest.

Pretty much this, but these people don’t understand how things need to change to stay relevant in today’s world. This isn’t 2001 where gaming was still bit of an underground thing.

> 2533274830513360;18:
> > 2533274892061674;12:
> > Here’s the bottom line: they need to sell games and attract new gamers. If you insist on keeping mechanics from a decade ago, new younger gamers will never play Halo. Yes, Halo 2 was the glory days, but refusing to allow the game to be modernized will result in the death of the franchise. Sprint is fine in this game, and well balanced. Give it a rest.
>
>
> Pretty much this, but these people don’t understand how things need to change to stay relevant in today’s world. This isn’t 2001 where gaming was still bit of an underground thing.

I understand wanting to relive the glory days and keep Halo self-contained in its greatness that it has been in years past, but I know for a fact that people take one quick look at a shooter now and say “where’s sprint?”, and then quickly move on to other games. The knee-jerk reaction that some morons in the community have is “good, go play COD, we don’t want you”. But in reality, we need to understand that Halo is a dying breed, and those of us that grew up loving the originals are now approaching our late twenties and thirties, and the brand’s popularity is dying because we’re clinging on to old mechanics. If getting more Halo games means modernizing the game and adding sprint (albeit without breaking the CORE of Halo and ensuring proper balancing and implementation), then so be it. I love Halo too much to watch it die because the community is unwilling to adopt change in the modern day.

I don’t mind sprint, but I definitely think it changes a lot about the way halo plays. it is really annoying when people run away every time you drain their shields. I don’t expect them to take it out of the game completely, but it would be nice to have a couple classic playlists with no sprint enabled when halo 5 is released.

Having sprint and having high move speed are NOT the same thing.

You can’t use sprint under sustained fire, so skermishes play out at standard speeds. Changing base move speed would effect the balance of virtually every aspect of the sand box, such as weapon balance, scope/auto aim balance, melees, grenades ect. Not just map flow.

And HELL YES it would effect map flow. Just think of the way you approach choke points with vs without sprint. Think about the effect it has on the meta of flanking, chasing, escaping ect. These things have a huge impact on the feel of a map.