People who dont run the ball in Grifball

So I know that playing with randoms sucks… And ive decided that grifball is the worst game mode to play with Randoms for more than just the lack of communication. All that aside ill get to my point. The last prob 10 or so matches of Grifball the person carrying the ball (my team or opponent) does not even attempt to score, the literally just run near their goal and try to get kills till the time limit. usually ending with the enemy team getting a point after being fed up and just rushing in. This used to not bother me as much since team killing wasn’t something you’d be banned for, if they couldn’t run the ball at all id just kill em pick the damn ball up and run it in for a goal (or at least attempt to.)

And no I don’t just run around team killing, its a last resort, sometimes desperate measures have to be taken…lol

But being that the update seems to have broken the team kill boot on Grifball idk what to do. I used to enjoy playing this game mode as a fun casual gametype but I cant just waste time watching teammates do nothing but rack up kills and not play the objective.

Rant over…

Wow…people do this?

I was the same i come across idiots who hold the ball and run around our goal not even trying to score. I used to be able to kill them then take the ball and score for myself. But now the boot is back on so I’ll get kicked out if i do. The struggle is real

> 2533274923746840;3:
> I was the same i come across idiots who hold the ball and run around our goal not even trying to score. I used to be able to kill them then take the ball and score for myself. But now the boot is back on so I’ll get kicked out if i do. The struggle is real

I totally agree! I just hope they fix the teamkill boot issue.

Are you sure they aren’t looking for a path to score? Doesn’t make much strategic sense to run the ball if it means turning it over to the other team

Personally usually back up whenever I get the ball unless I’m right at the goal. Running the ball for me is a lot of ducking and weaving an picking off a kill here and there trying to either get an opening or at least get a couple teammates blocking for me. I could see how that might appear to be me running “around our goal not even trying to score” to others and I’ve even had people get angry about it over mic (of course, each time that’s happened I just pointed out that I was the only one on the team scoring). The reality is that if you can’t score, it is better to hold back and wait for the situation to improve than to turn the ball over to the other team. Safest place to hold back is near your goal where your teammates spawn

> 2533274839690428;5:
> Are you sure they aren’t looking for a path to score? Doesn’t make much strategic sense to run the ball if it means turning it over to the other team
>
> Personally usually back up whenever I get the ball unless I’m right at the goal. Running the ball for me is a lot of ducking and weaving an picking off a kill here and there trying to either get an opening or at least get a couple teammates blocking for me. I could see how that might appear to be me running “around our goal not even trying to score” to others and I’ve even had people get angry about it over mic (of course, each time that’s happened I just pointed out that I was the only one on the team scoring). The reality is that if you can’t score, it is better to hold back and wait for the situation to improve than to turn the ball over to the other team. Safest place to hold back is near your goal where your teammates spawn

I’m sure that’s what any half-decent player will try, but I have seen some pretty lame grifball players. They need to fix the ban threshold for grifball quickly.

Agreed, people who do that are -Yoinks!-

I think Assault is worse. Especially that is in the Team Arena playlist. They removed Breakout from the playlist, yet they added Assault… great.
Eggheads at their finest.

> 2533274839690428;5:
> Are you sure they aren’t looking for a path to score? Doesn’t make much strategic sense to run the ball if it means turning it over to the other team
>
> Personally usually back up whenever I get the ball unless I’m right at the goal. Running the ball for me is a lot of ducking and weaving an picking off a kill here and there trying to either get an opening or at least get a couple teammates blocking for me. I could see how that might appear to be me running “around our goal not even trying to score” to others and I’ve even had people get angry about it over mic (of course, each time that’s happened I just pointed out that I was the only one on the team scoring). The reality is that if you can’t score, it is better to hold back and wait for the situation to improve than to turn the ball over to the other team. Safest place to hold back is near your goal where your teammates spawn

I have this problem all the time. I’m waiting at a safe distance for my partners to move up and clear an opening or cause a distraction. But instead of making a push they decide I’m not scoring and try to kill me instead. Lets just say that through a lot of experience I’ve gotten pretty good at avoiding literally everyone on the map.

> 2533274891841289;9:
> > 2533274839690428;5:
> >
>
>
> I have this problem all the time. I’m waiting at a safe distance for my partners to move up and clear an opening or cause a distraction. But instead of making a push they decide I’m not scoring and try to kill me instead. Lets just say that through a lot of experience I’ve gotten pretty good at avoiding literally everyone on the map.

Yeah I have this problem sometimes too. There are so many players who don’t get it and just run straight at the goal to be killed whenever they get the ball. Then while they are respawning (and most likely getting spawn killed because they don’t bother with defense), the other team takes the ball they just gave away and manages to score. These same players tend to get salty when you have the ball and try to stay alive. I can’t tell you how many times I’ve smacked an enemy Spartan with the ball because my teammates are making no effort to block for me, had to back up because my shields took a hit and more of the enemy team is coming, only for my teammates to kill me from behind and turn the ball over to the other side immediately.

What’s interesting about this is as a ball handler on more than one ocassion I’ve backtracked cause I had no blockers and rushing it would be sure death/turn over, and then I’ve had team mates try to kill me as though I’m just refusing to try and score.

Once again I stand by the boot option. Just because you thought all they were trying to do was get kills, doesn’t mean they weren’t just trying to wait for the right moment. I’m happy to boot people if they team kill me just cause they think they can run the ball better. That’s the same as team killing in breakout to get the br. It’s just bad sportsmanship.

> 2533274839690428;10:
> > 2533274891841289;9:
> > > 2533274839690428;5:
> > >
> >
> >
> > I have this problem all the time. I’m waiting at a safe distance for my partners to move up and clear an opening or cause a distraction. But instead of making a push they decide I’m not scoring and try to kill me instead. Lets just say that through a lot of experience I’ve gotten pretty good at avoiding literally everyone on the map.
>
>
> Yeah I have this problem sometimes too. There are so many players who don’t get it and just run straight at the goal to be killed whenever they get the ball. Then while they are respawning (and most likely getting spawn killed because they don’t bother with defense), the other team takes the ball they just gave away and manages to score. These same players tend to get salty when you have the ball and try to stay alive. I can’t tell you how many times I’ve smacked an enemy Spartan with the ball because my teammates are making no effort to block for me, had to back up because my shields took a hit and more of the enemy team is coming, only for my teammates to kill me from behind and turn the ball over to the other side immediately.

Yup, pretty much sums things up.

Probably half of the people who play Griff ball don’t know that Hammer beats Sword

see I’m not talking about players being strategic. I understand that you don’t just grab the ball and dash to the goal. but if it takes u more than 3 minutes to attempt a score that’s a bit ridiculous, also my main issue is with people who try to get kills with the ball and nothing else, they literally run up to enemies and ball-kill them and just keep doing that even when there’s a massive opening in the enemy score zone.