people who destroy your vehicle

I have only one problem with MM at the moment and that is team members who destroy fellow team members vehicles while they are using them. Now this issue does not even effect me too often directly because I am not a vehicle person, but it does hinder the guys I play with. On most maps my friends and I have started to put together strategies that all but ensure victory. These however are made null and void the moment we get paired up with a snot nosed little -Yoink- who decides to throw a hissy fit at not getting the mantis or banshee. I can only imagine how frustrating it must be to try and fight the enemy while you have some self important -Yoink- using plasma pistols and grenades on your vehicle. Last night alone in three separate games my friends fell victim to this pathetic behaviour. BUT WAIT that isn’t even the best part, as if to rub salt in the open wound you don’t die when a teammate plasma grenades your vehicle, you simply walk away. No team kill means no betrayal which means no boot for the little -Yoink- who is insiting on destroying their own team mates vehicles. 343 needs to fix this problem… I wish we could name and shame these pathetic losers.

Rant over

I would have to ask you if your friends are careful to not run over their teammates. I personally will let you get away with running me over twice before I proceed to kill the vehicle. At that point however they deserve it.

My friend was in the mantis all three times and he had barely taken two steps on each occasion… We don’t team kill, we barely drive the ghost… So in response to your post “No they had no right or reason for doing what they did”

How do you suggest “fixing” people’s attitudes? i343 can’t really do anything about it other than removing friendly fire on vehicles, and again take away more depth from the game.

I find it funny how you refer to a teammate killing your vehicle as ‘depth’… If you remove team killing for player to player your should remove team killing on vehicles… Or alternatively bring team killing back, then we will atleast have the option to boot for betrayal… An side note I played three games tonight with my earlier mentioned friends and first game… Two guys follow my mate in a warthog and team kill his mantis… It’s utter BS

Oh yeah you ‘fix’ people’s attitudes by giving them consequences for their bad attitude

For the record, it’s called friendly fire.

And no, I wasn’t refering your own team destroying your vehicle as depth, I was refering to the depth that friendly fire has. The last friendly fire still enabled is splattering and that you can destry your team mate’s vehicle.

Friendly fire should be enabled again.

Anyhow, people will always find ways to grief, if it isn’t destroying team vehicles it’s standing on the wraith infront of the canon, standing infront of snipers, giving awat team positions, feeding.

There’s a limit to what a system can detect as intentional or not, not a lot will “learn” from those consequences either, they’ll just continue.

I agree its bs they take out friendly fire? but keep friendly fire on vehicles its like they want this to happen.

Well I’m guessing that it’s more complicated than just “flipping a switch”.

A vehicle is a completely other entity than the player. You can harm the player and not the vehicle, and you can destroy the vehicle to kill the player, if you are enemies.

The vehicles are also neutral, and probably always will be, although when an enemy is in one the crosshair turns red if you aim at it, anyhow, you can destroy vehicles when no one is in them.

If we are going by the logic that to change teams, a player has to die, we’d have to assume that vehicles would have to spawn aligned to a team. Now comes the problem with one of the features, hijacking.

Assume that vehicles spawn belonging to teams, ghosts, warthogs, banshees, mantises, all vehicles belong to the team they spawned with. With friendly fire off teams won’t be able to destroy their own vehicles, but what happens when someone hijacks and takes an enemy ghost, or worse, a banshee with the driver hidden. The team’s vehicle is now in the posession of an enemy, but the vechile still belongs to the team, and they can’t destroy it because friendly fire is off, so unless they can kill the driver there’s a vehicle that atleast can splatter them. I don’t know how the weapons work for the vehicle, if the driver would be an enemy. So we’ll go with splatters for now.

Then there’s the question about single spawning vehicles on asymmetrical maps, namely Exile with one scorpion, one gauss hog, one banshee, furthermore there’s the question about spawn swaping, will the game know that vehicles should swap as well? Then what about vehicles that already spawned before the swap?

Then again, I don’t know how easy or difficult it would be, I’m just speculating.

Yeah ok I just find this problem to be the most frustrating of them all

I agree that if the is no friendly fire there should not be team damage to vehicles, or add friendly fire. It’s enraging that I don’t even get a boot option when people throw a tantrum that they didn’t get there first.

The friendly fire problem is also annoying because teamates know they can’t kill you so they spam grenades or rocket launcher who ever your fighting resulting in alot more assists.

It’s also happened to me alot where teamates destroy my vehicle when I have done nothing wrong. Friendly fire should be off so when they kill your vehicle, they kill you letting you have the option to boot the player. Because no-one wants an idiotic teamate.

> The friendly fire problem is also annoying because teamates know they can’t kill you so they spam grenades or rocket launcher who ever your fighting resulting in alot more assists.
>
> It’s also happened to me alot where teamates destroy my vehicle when I have done nothing wrong. Friendly fire should be off so when they kill your vehicle, they kill you letting you have the option to boot the player. Because no-one wants an idiotic teamate.

Friendly Fire should be on, that means that friendlies can fire at you and hurt you.

But yes, that’s one of the reasons why it should be on, but it’s only a small reason. The other bigger reason is to add depth to the game.

I Think its fine the way it is.

For Example. I get my ordinance drop and my teammate waits for it to drop and then steals it(Binary Rifle). I couldn’t shoot him directly so i got in a ghost and proceeded to run his -Yoink- over and take back what I earned(and a friendly -Yoink!- followed).

I have no idea why friendly fire got turned off. I mean, the last few games I played (CoD Black Ops 1, BF3) have incessant griefing problems because there’s no way (other than a server boot IF you own the server) to get rid of them.
In the earlier Halo games, betrayal was never a serious problem, because anyone feeling stubborn enough to betray you would get kicked at your discretion (except in Grifball, because it’s a miracle if no betrayals occur in that mode).
I’m not saying HOW betrayal booting should be handled, but it, and friendly fire, most certainly need to be brought back. We don’t want to lose this game to griefers.

Yeah, I was on a killing spree in a mantis on Meltdown and some guy on my team started grenading me and shooting me. He did it for so long that he actually reduced the vehicle health to flaming mantis. So I had enough and stomped down. Of course, it didn’t work, but I wasn’t thinking and I got boarded. Oh well. That is the first time that has happened to me in 4, though. So that’s pleasantly surprising.

> I Think its fine the way it is.
>
> For Example. I get my ordinance drop and my teammate waits for it to drop and then steals it(Binary Rifle). I couldn’t shoot him directly so i got in a ghost and proceeded to run his -Yoink!- over and take back what I earned(and a friendly -Yoink!- followed).

Try looking down when you call in ordnance. That way it’ll spawn nice and close, giving you plenty of time to get it before your teammate’s pick-up progress bar depletes.

The depth of the game?
Seriously, same team vehicle destruction ruins the game completely the moment it starts. Every time your vehicles get pummeled by a teamate, your team is almost guaranteed a loss. And there is absolutely nothing you can do about it.
After all the Halo’s that have come and gone, 343 still cannot get this part right.

It’s irritating as hell, after they blow your vehicle up they go camo and wait at the spawn for 2-3 minutes leaving you down both a power vehicle and a teammate. Then they proceed to get blown up as quick as possible and quit shortly after, they are stupid,it should count as a betrayal if your not under fire or in vicinity of your enemies.
Accidents happen in combat , the odd rocket from a teammate when you try to splatter someone that’s fine, I’ve personally been avoiding through the dashboard menu anyone who starts with that crap.iunno if it works at all but I figure if you avoid people with unsportsmanlike behavior Xbox live will try to avoid others with similar complaints

> It’s irritating as hell, after they blow your vehicle up they go camo and wait at the spawn for 2-3 minutes leaving you down both a power vehicle and a teammate. Then they proceed to get blown up as quick as possible and quit shortly after, they are stupid,it should count as a betrayal if your not under fire or in vicinity of your enemies.
> Accidents happen in combat , the odd rocket from a teammate when you try to splatter someone that’s fine, I’ve personally been avoiding through the dashboard menu anyone who starts with that crap.iunno if it works at all but I figure if you avoid people with unsportsmanlike behavior Xbox live will try to avoid others with similar complaints

In Reach they actually had a fairly good system. If you got blown up by an ally, but were already weakened by an enemy, the enemy would get a kill, since he already worked towards the kill. If you’re standing there with full shields and a teammate frags you, well… that’s a betrayal, no matter how you slice it.