People who betray on purpose...

Should be banned from matchmaking. Honestly thats what I think needs to happen, it gets me so upset when I get a sniper and someone betrays be just to get the weapon.

I agree. You have have to quit out of 10 games to get banned for 10 minutes which is silly because if you were booted from that many games that would mean you would have to betray between 20-50 player. Meh no biggy just a 10 minute ban. Ill just go play custom games while I wait

While my record says I have betrayed some people, typically that’s because they get in the way of my grenade strike. One time, I threw a plasma at a red, and my ally thought that was a great time to pummel the guy with the grenade attatched to his chest.

Sometimes you don’t even see the person… I’ve heard of people stepping on mines left by the Pro Pipe/Noob Tube/Grenade Launcher, and the trapper got booted because the genius was on their team.

The idea of betrayal booting should be modified; the network calculates if it was on purpose, and then gives the player the option to betrayal boot, otherwise, someone incredibly stupid would run infront of your grenade, and you get blamed.

75% of betrayals are caused by idiots, the other 25% on purpose.

They ignored my pleas for the Sniper.

I ignored their pleas for mercy.

Sometimes people ask to be betrayed, like when people on hemorrhage jetpack with sniper onto some rock in the back of the spawn.

> Sometimes people ask to be betrayed, like when people on hemorrhage jetpack with sniper onto some rock in the back of the spawn.

I don’t usually betray, but when I do. It’s because of -Yoink- bags like that.

Well, that or I’m killing my stat-padding teammates in grifball. The latter happens more often than the former though.

> Sometimes people ask to be betrayed, like when people on hemorrhage jetpack with sniper onto some rock in the back of the spawn.

and this is why I quit at the beginning of every hemorrhage match. Either the team I am on or the opposing team has some bad player who sits in the back of the map just sniping from the same spot all game long. It’s completely stupid since you can’t reach then since the map is just one wide open map.

So I simply quit from now on any time that map appears and gets voted in to avoid stupid crap like that. Also I tend to get betrayed on purpose a lot on that map and no, not even when I have the sniper. Some dude on my team the most recent time I tried playing hemorrhage literally grabbed the plasma launcher and started firing plasmas at me … for no reason at all, the match had just started.

Quitting is the best option for me, a lot of dumb players seem to populate on that map for some reason.

> They ignored my pleas for the Sniper.
>
> I ignored their pleas for mercy.

Get to the weapon first, get the weapon first. I get so pissed when I get to a vehicle or weapon first and spoiled brats think they deserve it more.

It is incredibly stupid to fight over such things. I can’t tell you how many times I have been betrayed or attempted to be betrayed for grabbing something first.

Many times I am beaten to the weapon/vehicle and must wait for it to respawn. That’s just part of Halo.

My worst grip is the self-deserving fools who think their better bomb carriers in Grifball, proceed to betray me, then blindly rush into the enemies spawn and hand them the bomb (what I mean by that is that they just die without even looking at their surroundings).

I hate it when they betray you just for the weapon. That happened to me last week a noob shot me with his DMR just wanting the Sniper Rifle and this was on Anniv. BTB Timberland. I booted his -Yoink- out of the game. You can get the Sniper rifle it spawns every 15 mins! -Yoink!- noob. >(

> > Sometimes people ask to be betrayed, like when people on hemorrhage jetpack with sniper onto some rock in the back of the spawn.
>
> and this is why I quit at the beginning of every hemorrhage match. Either the team I am on or the opposing team has some bad player who sits in the back of the map just sniping from the same spot all game long. It’s completely stupid since you can’t reach then since the map is just one wide open map.
>
> So I simply quit from now on any time that map appears and gets voted in to avoid stupid crap like that. Also I tend to get betrayed on purpose a lot on that map and no, not even when I have the sniper. Some dude on my team the most recent time I tried playing hemorrhage literally grabbed the plasma launcher and started firing plasmas at me … for no reason at all, the match had just started.
>
> Quitting is the best option for me, a lot of dumb players seem to populate on that map for some reason.

Hush, you. I’ve gotten at least 5 Perfections sniping on red wall. I betray for the Sniper because I know I’ll do better than them. Running off with sprint and the Sniper in the middle of map like an idiot…I do them a favor.

Since I don’t give a flying -Yoink- about k/d, whenever someone betrays me for a weapon I speand the rest of the match committing suicide so the d-bag who just HAD to have that weapon loses.

Was more effective in Halo 3, but still pisses people off.

If you get betrayed for a sniper just sit there and shoot the guy every now and then so he can even use it.
BUT that being said some people need to be betrayed.
Job #1 if you have a sniper- KILL enemy sniper
when i run out get and get sniped a bunch then see my teams sniper in a dumb spot just trying to get kills not going to like i will kill him then kill the enemy sniper, jsut doing the job he should have

I will only betray for the sniper if the person betrayed me previously, or if they are doing something unbelievably stupid with it, as others have mentioned. The sniper is a very valuable weapon, especially on maps like hemorrhage. Letting an exceedingly poor player take it is a good way to lose.

What’s wrong with that? I do that all the time and get plenty of kills or take out the enemy wraith. No point in standing in the open or on top of the base so everyone can kill you right away.

sharing is caring

> > Sometimes people ask to be betrayed, like when people on hemorrhage jetpack with sniper onto some rock in the back of the spawn.
>
> What’s wrong with that? I do that all the time and get plenty of kills or take out the enemy wraith. No point in standing in the open or on top of the base so everyone can kill you right away.

Lol, I never said to stand in the open. Sitting in the back with a sniper 90% of the time only benefits the user. Push up, play aggressive and support your team rather than padding your stats.

I add the little jerks to my avoid list. But my friends and I have found a really nice way to deal with them after one of us gets betrayed (intentionally anyway)…

We just follow them around the rest of the match shooting them just enough to drop their shields so the opposing team can one shot them and they don’t get the option to boot any of us. It’s funny as Hell. Makes me laugh my -Yoink- off every time.

I just got done betraying someone on purpose, he/she shot me repeatedly or hit me right before an opposing team member would walk around the corner and pop, Im dead and his hands are clean.

So I did what any self respecting Spartan would do and I put a cap in his -Yoink-, over and over and over until I was booted, and you know what? Totally worth it =DI can see a problem with the system before it even starts, antagonizing players to betray so you can boot them and they get banned. While not perfect, the system we got is most likely better then the one your proposing. Report and give a bad player review, thats about the best you can do or fight fire with fire.

That’s the old phrase “Playing for fun” working against you. Some have fun greifing others sadly :confused:

Even more motivation to search with friends. So you don’t have to put up with idiot randoms.

> Even more motivation to search with friends. So you don’t have to put up with idiot randoms.

You got that right. I hardly play without friends. When I do it utterly sucks balls.