Here’s some examples from recent years

Casuals and hardcore

Sprint and non sprint supporters

Bloom supporters and non bloom supporters

al supporters and non armor lock supporters

The list goes on to 157 but I’ll just stop there

Now let’s just all calm down and remember why we’re all here

WE LOVE HALO!

If we didn’t we wouldn’t be so caring and so passionate about halos future, sometimes we disagree about certain things but in the end we all have something in common, our love for this franchise.

Now I love classic halo as much as anyone else here but what if the game didn’t change at all?

Look at other game fourms like the assassins creed fourm ( which I’m a member of as well) they see that assassins creed 3 will be a bit of a departure from the first 4 games and thier excited about it and are embracing it.

Common community lets put aside our differences, unite and hope for the best!

Halo is good.

As a hobby now I’m counting how many Anti-Sprint, anti-bloom, and 1-50 ranking system threads there are in this forum.

BELI343

> There are so many artificial and stupid divisions in this community
>
> Here’s some examples from recent years
>
> Casuals and hardcore
>
> Sprint and non sprint supporters
>
> Bloom supporters and non bloom supporters
>
> al supporters and non armor lock supporters
>
> The list goes on to 157 but I’ll just stop there
>
>
> Now let’s just all calm down and remember why we’re all here
>
> WE LOVE HALO!
>
> If we didn’t we wouldn’t be so caring and so passionate about halos future, sometimes we disagree about certain things but in the end we all have something in common, our love for this franchise.
>
> Now I love classic halo as much as anyone else here but what if the game didn’t change at all?
>
> Look at other game fourms like the assassins creed fourm ( which I’m a member of as well) they see that assassins creed 3 will be a bit of a departure from the first 4 games and thier excited about it and are embracing it.
>
> Common community lets put aside our differences, unite and hope for the best!

I like change/innovation in games. They only thing I dislike is change after a product has been created, shipped, running for over a year and then BAM! Ruined by a TU that degrades the otherwise good game into something it was never meant to be. One of the biggest things I hope for in halo 4 is that 343 steer clear of ever making a TU. TU’s are supposed to improve a game, not change it into something else. I hope 343 takes note.

First we need a game that can unify us to into one community.

> There are so many artificial and stupid divisions in this community
>
> Here’s some examples from recent years
>
> Casuals and hardcore
>
> Sprint and non sprint supporters
>
> Bloom supporters and non bloom supporters
>
> al supporters and non armor lock supporters
>
> The list goes on to 157 but I’ll just stop there
>
>
> Now let’s just all calm down and remember why we’re all here
>
> WE LOVE HALO!
>
> If we didn’t we wouldn’t be so caring and so passionate about halos future, sometimes we disagree about certain things but in the end we all have something in common, our love for this franchise.
>
> Now I love classic halo as much as anyone else here but what if the game didn’t change at all?
>
> Look at other game fourms like the assassins creed fourm ( which I’m a member of as well) they see that assassins creed 3 will be a bit of a departure from the first 4 games and thier excited about it and are embracing it.
>
> Common community lets put aside our differences, unite and hope for the best!

If the game didnt change at all it would be fine. Small change is good(I dont really care) but what reach did wasnt even halo. It was a piece of garbage.

> First we need a game that can unify us to into one community.

A game?
We have a whole universe with books, movies and games that has unified us as the Halo community, for better or worse. :wink:
OP is right to some extent, people should stop bashing, hating and posting the same useless thread again and again. Everyone got the right to express their opinion, sure, but let others do so too, and debate instead of hate, share ideas instead of insults…

The problem is that there are two communities and all the changes favor one of the communities over the other. It’s like if there was a restaurant that served pizza and ice cream and they decided to serve more pizza and less ice cream. Everyone that liked the pizza more would say “embrace the change” and everyone that liked the ice cream would say “wtf go back to how it was before”. Same thing here, all the changes are fun for the casuals at the expense of the competitive players. We just want the game to be fun for everyone again.

I don’t understand this need to have everyone on the same bandwagon. When has this ever happened in any entertainment franchise in history? And how does it affect the individual’s experience with the game? When Halo 4 is released, you’ll put it in your Xbox, you’ll log onto Xbox Live and you’ll play with whoever else is playing. It won’t matter what your opponents think about the game; they’ll be playing it and thus they’ll provide targets at which to shoot.

Good Change is GREAT…bad Change is Horrible (would be better to leave it be). Change has to be fine balance. I hope 343 finds the right mix.

I’ll only embrace good change, i refuse to embrace bad change and that is what is dividing the community from my point of view.

> Good Change is GREAT…bad Change is Horrible (would be better to leave it be). Change has to be fine balance. I hope 343 finds the right mix.

> I’ll only embrace good change, i refuse to embrace bad change and that is what is dividing the community from my point of view.

All sequels introduce good and bad changes. What you need to do is to decide, on a personal level, whether the good outweighs the bad, or vice versa.

People have been complaining about anything they don’t like personally. Me… I frickin’ hate the BR. If BS Angel thinks it’s such a good weapon… why bother developing other weapons to put in the game if it’s going to be one gun to rule them all again? An all purpose power weapon like it was in Halo 3… but you know what? I may hate the hell out of the BR coming back, but I’m not going to really complain till I see it in action for myself. It’s 343’s, not Bungie’s anymore. Patience is a virtue.

> why bother developing other weapons to put in the game if it’s going to be one gun to rule them all again? An all purpose power weapon like it was in Halo 3

I have to agree that I don’t like the idea of one weapon filling so many niches. I’d much prefer to play a match in which every player relies to the greatest degree on his or her own personal favourite, with some favouring automatic weapons, others close range weapons, and still others the heavy power weapons.

> > Good Change is GREAT…bad Change is Horrible (would be better to leave it be). Change has to be fine balance. I hope 343 finds the right mix.
>
>
>
> > I’ll only embrace good change, i refuse to embrace bad change and that is what is dividing the community from my point of view.
>
> All sequels introduce good and bad changes. What you need to do is to decide, on a personal level, whether the good outweighs the bad, or vice versa.

Good point, but to me the Bad far outweighed the Good in Reach, until i see more info then at this point in time i am remaining very negative.