People should be impressed I'm Master Chief

People should be more impressed I am Master Chief in the halo 5 campaign. In Halo 3 everyone was like wow its Master Chief, he is the last Spartan, he has saved us so many times, I am going to salute him. In Halo 4 other people weren’t that fussed. You were the guy that saved humanity, and are hence a big deal. Like in that bit in Halo 3 when everyone is saluting after the bit with Miranda Keyes.

It will be interesting to see people’s reactions to Chief if he has gone rogue. They will know he saved everyone, but be unsure of what he is doing now. He will seem like a relic of an old time to the new Spartans.

Also the covenant used to freak out, ahh its the demon, the one who has killed so many of us. Chief needs to seem exceptional to friend and foe once again.

It does appear that the factions in the Halo universe have become a bit arrogant and look down upon Chief a bit. Although, that’s probably because he has been gone for a while. It has been years since they last saw Chief and they have already moved on to cope with other problems. I think people just have to break into the fact now that he is back. I think he will gain more importance in the next Halo game.

Factions looking down on the Chief? Yes, Del Rio was hostile, but then again if a super-solider who vanished 5 years ago suddenly showed up on a Forerunner world telling you that a ghost Forerunner gave him super-powered and his AI was going haywire, I think he is more than justified in being concerned. Other than him though, everyone else was fairly normal. Lasky treated him well and Palmer, despite her joke that the community gets way to upset over, looked at him in awe in the epilogue. As for the Covenant, they were speaking in their own languages so we don’t know what they thought upon seeing Chief.

> Factions looking down on the Chief? Yes, Del Rio was hostile, but then again if a super-solider who vanished 5 years ago suddenly showed up on a Forerunner world telling you that a ghost Forerunner gave him super-powered and his AI was going haywire, I think he is more than justified in being concerned. Other than him though, everyone else was fairly normal. Lasky treated him well and Palmer, despite her joke that the community gets way to upset over, looked at him in awe in the epilogue. As for the Covenant, they were speaking in their own languages so we don’t know what they thought upon seeing Chief.

I was just trying to show some agreeance with the OP. I agree with you for the most part. Del Rio really wasn’t a suitable leader. No leader should ever lose their cool, even if the situation is ridiculous.

It doesn’t matter if they like him or not. Yell at him or look down on him all you want, but when yoink hits the fan just take cover, shut up and let Chief handle everything. He’s the Chief all these peons need to do is fear him.

Del Rio’s entire ship ignored his order to arrest chief, and then he was removed from command when he returned home. If that doesn’t show mass respect for chief, I’m not sure what does.

People aren’t as surprised to just see a spartan anymore, especially not on infinity which has a small army of them. Times aren’t as dark as they were before.

The covenant in h4 doesn’t speak English, for all we know they’re commonly saying Demon.

> Del Rio’s entire ship ignored his order to arrest chief, and then he was removed from command when he returned home. If that doesn’t show mass respect for chief, I’m not sure what does.
>
> People aren’t as surprised to just see a spartan anymore, especially not on infinity which has a small army of them. Times aren’t as dark as they were before.
>
> The covenant in h4 doesn’t speak English, for all we know they’re commonly saying Demon.

They never really did, (Mjolnir translator, that thankfully stopped working.), except maybe a handful of Covenant that even knew the language to begin with, and even they only spoke it on a handful of occasions to insult humanity.

You definitely have a point. That random Crimson fellow in Spartan Ops got more kudos than Chief did.

SpartOps: “Spartans! We’re SAVED! Yipee! Thank God you’re here! We’re were about to become dead meat!”
H4 Campaign: “Oh. Good shot, man. Carry on.”

I find this funny in Pokemon games as well. I just became the best trainer that’s ever been seen and saved the region from some dastardly group of baddies bent on world domination. And preschooler doesn’t give two hoots and challenges me with a living teddy bear. LOGIC.

The fact Rio acted contemptuous towards John is suspicious. 100% Not on Chief’s part but Del Rio.

I mean sure in general he’s patronizing, but towards a venerable asset raises flags.

Likely overthinking things but it’s just one of those OCD ticking bombs.

> > Del Rio’s entire ship ignored his order to arrest chief, and then he was removed from command when he returned home. If that doesn’t show mass respect for chief, I’m not sure what does.
> >
> > People aren’t as surprised to just see a spartan anymore, especially not on infinity which has a small army of them. Times aren’t as dark as they were before.
> >
> > The covenant in h4 doesn’t speak English, for all we know they’re commonly saying Demon.
>
> They never really did, (Mjolnir translator, that thankfully stopped working.), except maybe a handful of Covenant that even knew the language to begin with, and even they only spoke it on a handful of occasions to insult humanity.

I’m well aware of the translator, but from the player’s point of view, they speak english.

> I find this funny in Pokemon games as well. I just became the best trainer that’s ever been seen and saved the region from some dastardly group of baddies bent on world domination. And preschooler doesn’t give two hoots and challenges me with a living teddy bear. LOGIC.

i cant tell you how funny i found this haha

> You definitely have a point. That random Crimson fellow in Spartan Ops got more kudos than Chief did.
>
> SpartOps: “Spartans! We’re SAVED! Yipee! Thank God you’re here! We’re were about to become dead meat!”
> <mark>H4 Campaign: “Oh. Good shot, man. Carry on.”</mark>
>
> I find this funny in Pokemon games as well. I just became the best trainer that’s ever been seen and saved the region from some dastardly group of baddies bent on world domination. And preschooler doesn’t give two hoots and challenges me with a living teddy bear. LOGIC.

When you first meet the marines in the Halo 4 campaign, I heard a guy say, “I thought he was dead”.

> > You definitely have a point. That random Crimson fellow in Spartan Ops got more kudos than Chief did.
> >
> > SpartOps: “Spartans! We’re SAVED! Yipee! Thank God you’re here! We’re were about to become dead meat!”
> > <mark>H4 Campaign: “Oh. Good shot, man. Carry on.”</mark>
> >
> > I find this funny in Pokemon games as well. I just became the best trainer that’s ever been seen and saved the region from some dastardly group of baddies bent on world domination. And preschooler doesn’t give two hoots and challenges me with a living teddy bear. LOGIC.
>
> When you first meet the marines in the Halo 4 campaign, I heard a guy say, “I thought he was dead”.

Chief deserved more than this.

[deleted]

I’m pretty sure I’ve heard the Marines say stuff like “We appreciate what you did for us, Chief” and stuff like that. There’s a bunch of them that salute you and stuff at the beginning of Shutdown as well.

> Factions looking down on the Chief? Yes, Del Rio was hostile, but then again if a super-solider who vanished 5 years ago suddenly showed up on a Forerunner world telling you that a ghost Forerunner gave him super-powered and his AI was going haywire, I think he is more than justified in being concerned. Other than him though, everyone else was fairly normal. Lasky treated him well and Palmer, despite her joke that the community gets way to upset over, looked at him in awe in the epilogue. As for the Covenant, they were speaking in their own languages so we don’t know what they thought upon seeing Chief.

I hear you. But people are sheep and ONI/UNSC could engage in a stealth campaign to diminish what John accomplished.

Look no further than the treatment of Halsey, a person who made tough choices for the advancement of mankind, to see how the Man can stick it to those that they want.

> > > You definitely have a point. That random Crimson fellow in Spartan Ops got more kudos than Chief did.
> > >
> > > SpartOps: “Spartans! We’re SAVED! Yipee! Thank God you’re here! We’re were about to become dead meat!”
> > > <mark>H4 Campaign: “Oh. Good shot, man. Carry on.”</mark>
> > >
> > > I find this funny in Pokemon games as well. I just became the best trainer that’s ever been seen and saved the region from some dastardly group of baddies bent on world domination. And preschooler doesn’t give two hoots and challenges me with a living teddy bear. LOGIC.
> >
> > When you first meet the marines in the Halo 4 campaign, I heard a guy say, “I thought he was dead”.
>
> Chief deserved more than this.

He did, in halo 4. In Halo 4 you got he most justice from your fellow marines. When out of combat they would ALWAYS salute you and only call you sir. In Halo CE-3 i never saw a salute only a bit of geeked out phrase a bit in Halo 3 but in the originals everyone treated MC like another trooper at the base and not like Brock Samson.

Also when MC saves those marines on Infinity. they all seemed really shocked to see he was alive, i think one said its not MC but a Spartan IV that wore armor like his.