People say halo 4 needs something

I say it really doesn’t need anything. This whole trend and idea that if its a “new” game, it has to be full of new things to the point where it is a joke is really getting old. I feel like i’m the only one who remembers how amazing the trilogy games were to play online and how I could play them all for seriously a day straight. I think if you take the core of the past trilogy games and add slightly new additions (no aa’s) but keep it simple at the same time, halo 4 could be one of the best halo’s we have played. Most of the reach ideas were crap to me and I would like to see halo 4 go in a new direction that actually works and keep it old school at the same time. Reach failed to do that. So let us drop the idea that if it’s a new game! That 343 has to take a piece from every other mainstream game out there.

Let’s keep it halo people.

I don’t understand how people can be so traumatized by Reach that they don’t want any new features in Halo 4. It was bad, I know, but not all idea’s are like that. I agree with you that it should stay “Halo”, people need to shut up about taking map editors from Far Cry 2 or perks from Shadowrun/CoD… But that doesn’t mean we can’t try new things.

I agree. I do want new stuff, but I don’t want a completely new game. I just want a Halo filled with the original feel and a fresh new sauce.

“343’s focus for the near future is ensuring that the Halo: Reach experience is the best it can be, both in-game and on the web, expanding our Halo Waypoint services, and making Halo 4, which you can expect to hear more about in the not-so-distant future. We’re excited about continuing to evolve the Halo franchise, and we thank you for joining us on this ride.” Just wanted to point that out. :confused:

Do you have to make a new one of these every week?’

Seriously, every week another thread just like this pops up. It doesn’t provide any real ideas or innovations, just praises the old and condemns the new.

I can already see the “STAY HALO!!” guys being disappointed by the game. You people expect waaay too much for the game. It will have changes, how well are you going to take it when these changes come. Some of you guys are going to be in for a rude awakening if you couldn’t even handle the change in Reach.

We’ll see… I mean really some of y’all can’t even get over sprint. Holy hell lol.

OP, newsflash: Halo 3 is still running. Halo 2 and CE both still have working PC editions. Go play them if you love them so much, but some people don’t want to pay £40 for a game they already own, and I very much doubt 343 are interesting in re-skinning a dead horse.

I think the biggest lesson we can learn from Reach is “Don’t fix it if it ain’t broken.”

343 should focus on fixing things that didn’t really work in the franchise- and leave the core mechanics that we all love alone.

> I think the biggest lesson 343 can learn from Reach is “don’t listen to the forums”.

Fix’d.

> I can already see the “STAY HALO!!” guys being disappointed by the game. You people expect waaay too much for the game. It will have changes, how well are you going to take it when these changes come. Some of you guys are going to be in for a rude awakening if you couldn’t even handle the change in Reach.
>
> We’ll see… I mean really some of y’all can’t even get over sprint. Holy hell lol.

While I’m ok with sprint, and have accpeted it into the game, it still feels unnessesary. While it didn’t largely diminish gameplay quality, did it do anything no make the game better? In my opinion, it did not- so I don’t see why its there.

I’ve always loved Halo because gameplay mechanics were there to make the game better- nothing more. If a new mechanics doesn’t add to gameplay- it shouldn’t be there. I hope 343 has the same mentality.

Dude I have not been waiting 5 years for halo 3 with some new levels and weapons

> > I think the biggest lesson 343 can learn from Reach is “don’t listen to the forums”.
>
> Fix’d.

Lol- that too.

Anyone who has seen the CoD population should know the average gamer is a moron.

Really OP? i didnt even like reach at first but that doesnt mean i dont think Halo 4 shouldnt add anything new,

even CoD adds new things with every game, your basicly saying Halo 4 should be the exact same thing as the other Halos with no new additions, which would not be good for the franchise,

the issue with reach is that it changed to much, its not becuase they added new things in general,

If 343 can add new things to Halo 4 while keeping the signiture halo feel then Halo 4 will be a succes, but that wont be the case if they dont add anything new and just make it the exact same thing as the previous games, for any developer thats an idiotic decision.

as im sure others have said, if you want the exact same halo expireance then play those Halo games, in the end with your idea your just paying 60$ for something you are allready playing.

> > I can already see the “STAY HALO!!” guys being disappointed by the game. You people expect waaay too much for the game. It will have changes, how well are you going to take it when these changes come. Some of you guys are going to be in for a rude awakening if you couldn’t even handle the change in Reach.
> >
> > We’ll see… I mean really some of y’all can’t even get over sprint. Holy hell lol.
>
> While I’m ok with sprint, and have accpeted it into the game, it still feels unnessesary. While it didn’t largely diminish gameplay quality, did it do anything no make the game better? In my opinion, it did not- so I don’t see why its there.
>
> I’ve always loved Halo because gameplay mechanics were there to make the game better- nothing more. If a new mechanics doesn’t add to gameplay- it shouldn’t be there. I hope 343 has the same mentality.

What it did imo, is give the extra boost when you really needed to get to cover. It gave you a more explosive offensive, well to.me it did. I can get to my fights quicker than before. I can leave if I’m close to a corner, basically cover. It made an extra boost to my jump. I can reach places with sprint that others couldn’t unless they had nooby jetpack.

I actually timed my ambush and ran towards a full speed warthog and melee the gunner and popped him with my dmr. I can’t do all that fun stuff without sprint. If you don’t want sprint then don’t use it, but you will regret that when I’m running circles around yah.

And what about sprint being uses effectively for quicker assassinations and sword slashes, and quicker movement for shotgun. I think I can go on, but I won’t. Wait I think i will. Did you that just sprinting towards my warthog helped my teammates grab the flag quicker before time ran out? It’s so useful man.

> > > I think the biggest lesson 343 can learn from Reach is “don’t listen to the forums”.
> >
> > Fix’d.
>
> Lol- that too.
>
> Anyone who has seen the CoD population should know the average gamer is a moron.

And insulting them somehow makes you better then them?

> And what about sprint being uses effectively for quicker assassinations and sword slashes, and quicker movement for shotgun. I think I can go on, but I won’t. Wait I think will. Did you that just sprinting towards my warthog helped my teammates grab the flag quicker before time ran out. It’s so useful man.

true but lets be honest, the only reason sprint was useful in reach was becuase bungie droped the running speed down to the point where it was needed, make the running speed like it was in halo 3, or maybe even slightly faster, and ya dont need sprint.

> > And what about sprint being uses effectively for quicker assassinations and sword slashes, and quicker movement for shotgun. I think I can go on, but I won’t. Wait I think will. Did you that just sprinting towards my warthog helped my teammates grab the flag quicker before time ran out. It’s so useful man.
>
> true but lets be honest, the only reason sprint was useful in reach was becuase bungie droped the running speed down to the point where it was needed, make the running speed like it was in halo 3, or maybe even slightly faster, and ya dont need sprint.

That’s true, they did lower the speed, but I think sprint is still better. Well it’s still faster than halo 3 walk speed. I like the option of being faster. I’m not going to drag this out anymore so yea …

> I don’t understand how people can be so traumatized by Reach that they don’t want any new features in Halo 4. It was bad, I know, but not all idea’s are like that. I agree with you that it should stay “Halo”, people need to shut up about taking map editors from Far Cry 2 or perks from Shadowrun/CoD… But that doesn’t mean we can’t try new things.

First of all - Halo Reach was a brilliant game…
And second - I think Halo 4’s forge mode should stay the same but with new features. It should just be where you throw an object here and there and make a map if you want. You can play around and everything, not a sophisticated one like Far Cry 2 - that would ruin the fun of forge for many when we have a good enough forge right now and even better one with Halo 4.

> > I don’t understand how people can be so traumatized by Reach that they don’t want any new features in Halo 4. It was bad, I know, but not all idea’s are like that. I agree with you that it should stay “Halo”, people need to shut up about taking map editors from Far Cry 2 or perks from Shadowrun/CoD… But that doesn’t mean we can’t try new things.
>
> First of all - Halo Reach was a brilliant game…
> And second - I think Halo 4’s forge mode should stay the same but with new features. It should just be where you throw an object here and there and make a map if you want. You can play around and everything, not a sophisticated one like Far Cry 2 - that would ruin the fun of forge for many when we have a good enough forge right now and even better one with Halo 4.