People Ranked "Pro", tips?

So I’m curious to hear from the top 200 of each playlist in the beta. What tips and tricks have you found to gain an edge over the other semi-pros to win your way to the top of the hopper? Also what are your general thoughts on high level play in Halo 5 (beta); balance, tactics and all?

Do Pro’s not look at waypoint :(?

1 Like

I got wrecked a couple games by the actual pro’s of halo and I’m pretty sure it all has to do with communication and teamwork.

> 2533274842868783;3:
> I got wrecked a couple games by the actual pro’s of halo and I’m pretty sure it all has to do with communication and teamwork.

Yep, communication, teamwork, unselfish play, and coordinated efforts. Because of this, I will probably never break into the ‘pro’ ranking. Perhaps I will reach semi pro, but my experience at onyx seems to be more my level.

Especially in this game, the key is coordinating with your team. Individual skill isn’t too important.

> 2533274842868783;3:
> I got wrecked a couple games by the actual pro’s of halo and I’m pretty sure it all has to do with communication and teamwork.

Yea but that’s pretty common knowledge. I’m talking more about the little things. For instance, most players I’ve noticed tend to run out from top red on pegasus towards sniper or simply ignore it in favor of the rockets. But you can almost always, even against the people I play at Semi-Pro 1800+ (which is becoming mostly a mix of pros and semi-pros), score a few kills if you have someone grab the light rifle and watch the sniper while another team mate goes down to the sniper by jumping to the platform. Almost always locks it down for my team with just 2 people, sometimes even just myself.

This may get changed though, that sniper area is a death trap in all honesty. Too easy to get pinned down and taken out by grenades when the enemy controls top red.

Yeah I’m semi pro and it is rough some games. I have no problems saying that the pro rated player’s that were not actually halo pro’s deserve their rank. I’m in the low 1700’s in semi pro and I feel that’s where I need to be.

> 2533274803896054;6:
> > 2533274842868783;3:
> > I got wrecked a couple games by the actual pro’s of halo and I’m pretty sure it all has to do with communication and teamwork.
>
>
> Yea but that’s pretty common knowledge. I’m talking more about the little things. For instance, most players I’ve noticed tend to run out from top red on pegasus towards sniper or simply ignore it in favor of the rockets. But you can almost always, even against the people I play at Semi-Pro 1800+ (which is becoming mostly a mix of pros and semi-pros), score a few kills if you have someone grab the light rifle and watch the sniper while another team mate goes down to the sniper by jumping to the platform. Almost always locks it down for my team with just 2 people, sometimes even just myself.
>
> This may get changed though, that sniper area is a death trap in all honesty. To easy to get pinned down and taken out by grenades when the enemy controls top red.

That map is junk period. I wish they would just throw all the maps in

Some how I got matched against two pro ranked players (I’m only gold), and we got wrecked. So much so that it turned into a 4v2. Not fun.

> 2533274803896054;6:
> even against the people I play at Semi-Pro 1800+ (which is becoming mostly a mix of pros and semi-pros),

LOL You don’t actually think that just because they are ranked Pro or Semi pro that it means they are actually a Pro Halo player, right?

I have around a 3.0k/d 11KDA yet I am silver. The ranking system doesn’t work correctly. You have people with 1.1 K/D(Like one in this thread) who is ranked semi pro yet those stats are NOTHING like a semi pros. All the Semi Pros and Onyx’s I have face (Haven’t faced a pro yet) are trash

Basically the people who played the beta first got the higher Pro and semi pro ranks

> 2533274797604373;9:
> Some how I got matched against two pro ranked players (I’m only gold), and we got wrecked. So much so that it turned into a 4v2. Not fun.

I had an experience like that yesterday, except it was me and my team that wrecked the other teams so much that for 3 games in a row almost all the players quit before it was even 5 minutes into the match. It’s not like it was much of an uneven fight, 3 Semi pro’s and a gold player on our side verse what was 1-2 semi-pros on their side along with a variance of unranked to onyx filling in the other spots. It still wasn’t very fun being the winner, I hate boring games like that and we were awarded barely any points for the wins. One time I got 0 :.

> 2535416519117528;10:
> > 2533274803896054;6:
> > even against the people I play at Semi-Pro 1800+ (which is becoming mostly a mix of pros and semi-pros),
>
>
> LOL You don’t actually think that just because they are ranked Pro or Semi pro that it means they are actually a Pro Halo player, right?

No? I think they have the rank of Pro which makes them higher than my Semi-Pro rank, so I was hoping for some tips. Is there something wrong with that?

> 2533274803896054;12:
> > 2535416519117528;10:
> > > 2533274803896054;6:
> > > even against the people I play at Semi-Pro 1800+ (which is becoming mostly a mix of pros and semi-pros),
> >
> >
> >
> > LOL You don’t actually think that just because they are ranked Pro or Semi pro that it means they are actually a Pro Halo player, right?
>
>
> No? I think they have the rank of Pro which makes them higher than my Semi-Pro rank, so I was hoping for some tips. Is there something wrong with that?

Yeah actually there is…no I’m just kidding. I thought how you said it that you were saying that the Pro and Semi Pro ranks in the beta features mostly REAL Pros and Semi Pros.

I haven’t played much of the Halo 5 beta, but the majority of the players I search with are sitting at Pro or the high end of Semi-Pro, and they consistently mention the fact that a passive play-style is much more heavily rewarded in Halo 5 (Similar to Halo 4 before the title update, when the DMR was too powerful). If you are planning on playing aggressively it needs to be done with almost perfect team coordination, or it isn’t worth the risk.

Do you play with a team?

> 2535416519117528;13:
> > 2533274803896054;12:
> > > 2535416519117528;10:
> > > > 2533274803896054;6:
> > > > even against the people I play at Semi-Pro 1800+ (which is becoming mostly a mix of pros and semi-pros),
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > > LOL You don’t actually think that just because they are ranked Pro or Semi pro that it means they are actually a Pro Halo player, right?
> >
> >
> >
> > No? I think they have the rank of Pro which makes them higher than my Semi-Pro rank, so I was hoping for some tips. Is there something wrong with that?
>
>
> Yeah actually there is…no I’m just kidding. I thought how you said it that you were saying that the Pro and Semi Pro ranks in the beta features mostly REAL Pros and Semi Pros.

I figured since I was using the actual rank names people wouldn’t get confused, I guess I’ll clarify better next time.

> 2775879413201490;14:
> I haven’t played much of the Halo 5 beta, but the majority of the players I search with are sitting at Pro or the high end of Semi-Pro, and they consistently mention the fact that a passive play-style is much more heavily rewarded in Halo 5 (Similar to Halo 4 before the title update, when the DMR was too powerful). If you are planning on playing aggressively it needs to be done with almost perfect team coordination, or it isn’t worth the risk.
>
> Do you play with a team?

Always play with a team of at least 3 when I’m in the slayer hopper. Preferably 4. I’m not sure about perfect team coordination being required, but a certainly a decent amount. At the very least we always synchronize our pushes to happen at the exact same time so that the enemy is caught off gaurd, being shot from all sides and what not. Sometimes it’s a bit more rough, like waiting for an enemy player to slip up and die, then pushing right after when it’s 4 v 3. If they won’t give a death and we have something to gain by moving towards them (Top red on pegasus for instance), a slow push were we advance after dropping a couple of their shields is preferred.

The ranking system works fine, made a new account yesterday and got 1 game under semi pro again so I say it’s pretty accurate

> 2533274842868783;16:
> The ranking system works fine, made a new account yesterday and got 1 game under semi pro again so I say it’s pretty accurate

No one is complaining about the ranking system. The matchmaking system is where the problem is. Edit: Case in point, I’m about to start a match of stronghold where everyone has a rank of iron or silver. I’m a semi-pro in stronghold. Something is definitely wrong with the match making system.

Also I do agree that the ranking system is fine for the most part, but I have heard of players being placed into ranks they should have never been able to get to. One case that comes to mind was a guy on these forums saying that he was placed into Onyx, and now is stuck in it while not being able to win a single game. He admits that he’s not a good player and should have never been placed so high, but now he can’t derank out of it (since you can’t go lower than your bracket I suppose) and is not able to learn to play better because he gets slaughtered every match. There should be a fail safe for cases like this.

> 2535416519117528;10:
> > 2533274803896054;6:
> > even against the people I play at Semi-Pro 1800+ (which is becoming mostly a mix of pros and semi-pros),
>
>
> LOL You don’t actually think that just because they are ranked Pro or Semi pro that it means they are actually a Pro Halo player, right?
>
> I have around a 3.0k/d 11KDA yet I am silver. The ranking system doesn’t work correctly. You have people with 1.1 K/D(Like one in this thread) who is ranked semi pro yet those stats are NOTHING like a semi pros. All the Semi Pros and Onyx’s I have face (Haven’t faced a pro yet) are trash
>
> Basically the people who played the beta first got the higher Pro and semi pro ranks

Your KD of 3.0 is not impressive at the silver level… MY KD in Onyx is 1.5 because im playing equally skilled players. If I played with people that are silvers my KD would be 5 or 6 lol.

> 2533274803665947;18:
> > 2535416519117528;10:
> > > 2533274803896054;6:
> > > even against the people I play at Semi-Pro 1800+ (which is becoming mostly a mix of pros and semi-pros),
> >
> >
> >
> > LOL You don’t actually think that just because they are ranked Pro or Semi pro that it means they are actually a Pro Halo player, right?
> >
> > I have around a 3.0k/d 11KDA yet I am silver. The ranking system doesn’t work correctly. You have people with 1.1 K/D(Like one in this thread) who is ranked semi pro yet those stats are NOTHING like a semi pros. All the Semi Pros and Onyx’s I have face (Haven’t faced a pro yet) are trash
> >
> > Basically the people who played the beta first got the higher Pro and semi pro ranks
>
>
> Your KD of 3.0 is not impressive at the silver level… MY KD in Onyx is 1.5 because im playing equally skilled players. If I played with people that are silvers my KD would be 5 or 6 lol.

lol Your K/D would never be a 5 or 6. That would mean you are going 25-5 or 30-5 EVERY game which isn’t going to happen. Not to mention your K/D for the MCC is a flat 1 k/D which is atrocious so no you would not have a 5Second, I wasn’t bragging I was actually pointing out that my 3.0 k/d is proof that I am not playing people of my own skill level ya derp. I wish there was a custrom games option because I would wipe the floor with you and your 1.0 k/d. You brag about onyx yet all the Onyx I face are trash and have 1.0 k/D and barely a 2 KDA…oh wait just like you

o boy here comes the kd arguements again…