People quitting out

I feel that 343I should introduce have penalties for people quitting out in placement matches, at least 24hours while in placement.
So many people quit out in my team because we was playing better players I ended up going 3 v 4 most matches 2 v 4 in two matches and even 1 v 4 (I lost 22-50)
If people want to place higher then practice and get better.

They should get a special “takes his/her ball and goes home” tag stamped onto their profiles, just to let other players know that they back out and to avoid them.

I’d guess that at least half of my placement matches involve at least one player who quits, which means the placement is a lot less accurate. I’d to see like some harsher penalties on this as well.

Yea it’s a pain in the -Yoink-. Guarantee majority of the time at least one plater drops out.

> 2533275017142580;1:
> I feel that 343I should introduce have penalties for people quitting out in placement matches, at least 24hours while in placement.
> So many people quit out in my team because we was playing better players I ended up going 3 v 4 most matches 2 v 4 in two matches and even 1 v 4 (I lost 22-50)
> If people want to place higher then practice and get better.

This is the number one misunderstanding. People don’t quit because they don’t want to lose. They quit because they’re frustrated. Losing plays a role in that equation, but it’s far from the only thing or even the biggest thing. In qualifying matches you could be placed up against anyone of any skill level. For the lesser-skilled players this is a guarantee of, say, nine out of ten qualifiers counting amongst the most one-sided and pointless rounds of Halo they have ever played. And some of them are not willing to tolerate it. Especially when they know that the end result is a rank which is so wildly inaccurate that the slaughter is very likely to continue throughout the season. Rinse. Repeat.

Many players who fall below the average have no faith in the ranking system or the ability of matchmaking to put them in match with players of similar skill, and this lack of faith is not born on a whim. It’s the result of months of experience. People will beat their heads against a wall for only so long…

> 2533274873843883;5:
> > 2533275017142580;1:
> > I feel that 343I should introduce have penalties for people quitting out in placement matches, at least 24hours while in placement.
> > So many people quit out in my team because we was playing better players I ended up going 3 v 4 most matches 2 v 4 in two matches and even 1 v 4 (I lost 22-50)
> > If people want to place higher then practice and get better.
>
>
> This is the number one misunderstanding. People don’t quit because they don’t want to lose. They quit because they’re frustrated. Losing plays a role in that equation, but it’s far from the only thing or even the biggest thing. In qualifying matches you could be placed up against anyone of any skill level. For the lesser-skilled players this is a guarantee of, say, nine out of ten qualifiers counting amongst the most one-sided and pointless rounds of Halo they have ever played. And some of them are not willing to tolerate it. Especially when they know that the end result is a rank which is so wildly inaccurate that the slaughter is very likely to continue throughout the season. Rinse. Repeat.
>
> Many players who fall below the average have no faith in the ranking system or the ability of matchmaking to put them in match with players of similar skill, and this lack of faith is not born on a whim. It’s the result of months of experience. People will beat their heads against a wall for only so long…

A very fair point,
Perhaps the seasons should be longer then, I find people quitting out a lot less once the have said rank.
I also feel that this season ranking has a lot to be desired for one game I end up top 16 kills 11 assists next game 1 kill 2 assists 15 deaths I wouldn’t mind so much but both games were against bronze CSRs.
F**k it I’m not going to quit looks like I’m just having a bad season